Problem with CR20_EC01_NUTS_SHARK TAR

tktronic

Mar 24, 2011
Visit site
I flashed this ROM about a week ago on my fascinate and I have been experiencing this annoying problem. I have my notifications for text message set to vibrate but I still get this annoying chime every time I get a text. Any Ideas on how to fix this ? Maybe Landshark can step in and help out here ?

JOrtenzi

Feb 25, 2011
Visit site
I flashed this ROM about a week ago on my fascinate and I have been experiencing this annoying problem. I have my notifications for text message set to vibrate but I still get this annoying chime every time I get a text. Any Ideas on how to fix this ? Maybe Landshark can step in and help out here ?

Are you using stock messaging?

Sent from my Fascinate via Tapatalk

Landshark

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
Yes it is stock messaging.

Setting the vibrate option in text messaging just adds a vibration in addition to the audible alert. In order to change it to only vibrate with no audible alert you have to change the notification ringtone to silent from within the messaging app settings menu and have the vibration setting enabled.

tktronic

Mar 24, 2011
Visit site
Setting the vibrate option in text messaging just adds a vibration in addition to the audible alert. In order to change it to only vibrate with no audible alert you have to change the notification ringtone to silent from within the messaging app settings menu and have the vibration setting enabled.

Landshark this I have done as well

From messaging, settings, select ring tone, silent.

Still get the same tone.... Sherbet

It will not go away !!

I get the same tone for email notifications as well..

Landshark

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
Landshark this I have done as well

From messaging, settings, select ring tone, silent.

Still get the same tone.... Sherbet

It will not go away !!

I get the same tone for email notifications as well..

Try also going menu=>settings=>sound settings=>notification ringtone and change that to silent also. This will make all your notifications silent and vibrate only - sms, email, etc. I have my settings so I get no notifications for emails. If you get notifications for emails you will need to go into the email app and set that notification to vibrate. Then hopefully by doing the above you will only get vibrate notifications and no audible alert.

tktronic

Mar 24, 2011
Visit site
Try also going menu=>settings=>sound settings=>notification ringtone and change that to silent also. This will make all your notifications silent and vibrate only - sms, email, etc. I have my settings so I get no notifications for emails. If you get notifications for emails you will need to go into the email app and set that notification to vibrate. Then hopefully by doing the above you will only get vibrate notifications and no audible alert.
Everything set to silent still get the same tone.... grrrrrr