Galaxy Nexus Extended Battery - Verizon

nick1020

Aug 31, 2010
Visit site
This was in the equipment guide. It just a picture and its still hard to determine the kind of thickness that it is going to add to the phone. 2100 mAh not to shabby. No there is no price or anything. Just thought it was cool and wanted to share.
Untitled.jpg

Premium1

Trusted Member
Nov 7, 2011
Visit site
I am interested to see how much thickness it adds and would pick it up if it is no thicker than the bottom hump.

nick1020

Aug 31, 2010
Visit site
I just dont know if 2100 mAh compared to the stock 1850* battery is worth the increase in thickness. I know there will be aftermarket batteries but will they have that NFC chip?

Premium1

Trusted Member
Nov 7, 2011
Visit site
I just dont know if 2100 mAh compared to the stock 1850* battery is worth the increase in thickness. I know there will be aftermarket batteries but will they have that NFC chip?

Agree, plus the cost will be a big deciding factor on whether or not I will get it. I cannot see spending $50 on a battery that is 300 mah more. I would think the case should stay similar in size, hopefully how the droid 3 extended battery you could not tell it was any different than the stock battery and door.

robstunner

Android Connoisseur
Jun 3, 2010
Visit site

My main question is will it fit on the docks and the spare battery charger. I would get one if that was the case. I had a 200mah battery over stock on a sensation and the improvement was noticeable. Not alot, but noticeable.
Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

SpaceHippie

Journeyman
Dec 21, 2010
Visit site
2100 is good enough for me. It's not a HUGE jump. But my Rezound last two days on 2750. So 2100 should last the day with heavy usage,

Premium1

Trusted Member
Nov 7, 2011
Visit site
@P3Droid P3Droid
Extended battery uses same cases and docks. You can't tell its on there. In fact the extended should be the standard IMO.

Reactions: moosc

Eric Kane

Sep 13, 2011
Visit site
I'm definitely getting one. It may add an additional hour or two to battery life. Or it will offset my choice to finally use a live wallpaper.

sushiglobster

Jan 29, 2010
Visit site
What are the chances of being allowed to order the extended battery and other accessories from Verizon during an online Galaxy Nexus purchase?

I'd like to get everything in one giant order from Verizon.

soccerfon711

Jan 28, 2011
Visit site
I am contemplating getting the extended battery also. However, I will not do it if it changes the thickness of the device. The extended battery on my Thunderbolt was just ridiculous.

Small_law

Apr 20, 2010
Visit site
I'm interested in it, but I'm a huge case nerd, and finding cases that fit phones with extended batteries has been a pain in the past. I'll see what they have on hand.

Premium1

Trusted Member
Nov 7, 2011
Visit site
I am contemplating getting the extended battery also. However, I will not do it if it changes the thickness of the device. The extended battery on my Thunderbolt was just ridiculous.

it is the same size as the standard battery according to p3 who has a nexus and just bought an extended battery.

soccerfon711

Jan 28, 2011
Visit site
it is the same size as the standard battery according to p3 who has a nexus and just bought an extended battery.

I will definitely be buying it then! But, will there be heat issues since it will most likely be squished in there? I wonder why they wouldn't just include the extended battery as the standard if it doesn't add any bulk.

kca2000

May 10, 2011
Visit site
What are the chances of being allowed to order the extended battery and other accessories from Verizon during an online Galaxy Nexus purchase?

I'd like to get everything in one giant order from Verizon.

Chances should be good. I was able to order screen protectors and the spare battery kit with my bionic 2 months ago on launch. Usually after you add the phone to your order the next place the site brings you is a screen to order accessories, at least this is how i remember it.

kca2000

May 10, 2011
Visit site

Has this ever happened on another phone? I know you can get higher mah batteries in stock size on some phones, But a verizon extended battery that adds no thickness? I have to see this. Sounds to good to be true!

sushiglobster

Jan 29, 2010
Visit site
Chances should be good. I was able to order screen protectors and the spare battery kit with my bionic 2 months ago on launch. Usually after you add the phone to your order the next place the site brings you is a screen to order accessories, at least this is how i remember it.

Oh awesome! thanks. Let's hope that the same thing occurs with the Nexus launch!

:D

thescreensavers

Nov 14, 2011
Visit site
I was looking to buy the extra battery/charger thing for 39.99 for 10 bucks more, is this really worth it, I don't get a charger for the battery lol

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nayminthuyain888