[Pictures] Extended Battery 2100mAh + Battery Cover

BaloneyPony

Oct 21, 2011
Visit site
I'll stick with the stock 1850mah battery and carry an extra. If I run out of juice I will probably need more than the 15% in the bigger battery. Plus I do not want a thinker phone (which you will get with the extended battery...hence the larger replacement back cover), the LTE phone already looks fat next to the GSM version.

DolfanCole

Jul 27, 2010
Visit site
I'm not sure if I'd buy it, especially at $50. But, there's actually one thing I really like about it from what I can tell from the images. It appears that the new cover will eliminate the curve/hump at the bottom of the phone and make the backside of the phone relatively flat. I just so much prefer the back to be flat, and that, in itself, may be a reason for me to get it.

Scout_313

Nov 6, 2009
Visit site
For the price, I think that the combination of the extra stock battery plus the charger/stand is the better value. I'm hesitant to pick up the extended battery because I really want to pick up the charging cradle that utilizes the charging contacts on the side of the phone and wonder if it'll work with the slightly larger profile with the 2100mAh battery.

JoeUserTX

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
For the price, I think that the combination of the extra stock battery plus the charger/stand is the better value. I'm hesitant to pick up the extended battery because I really want to pick up the charging cradle that utilizes the charging contacts on the side of the phone and wonder if it'll work with the slightly larger profile with the 2100mAh battery.

Agreed, I'm planning on doing the same.

philly

Sep 15, 2010
Visit site
do you guys carry purses.. or where do you keep these spare batteries around?

pretty sad how battery swapping is "common". I have never done it on my fascinate.. and I never plan on popping my phone in half and throwing a new battery in several times a day, every day.

ill just plug it in and charge it.. if im going to be away from a charger for several hours.. I probably wont be streaming netflix or whatever..

If I cant leave my house for 8 hours and use the phone without needing a spare battery then ill probably try the extended first.. if i still cant get bare minimium reasonable hours out of it with the extended ill return it.

JoeUserTX

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
If I'm on a trip on the scoot there aren't many places where I can plug in and charge. So, it's easier to carry a spare battery and swap when needed. Typically, when I'm at work I just plug in the USB and charge at my desk. So the charging cradle can stay at work.

The small amount of extra life you get from the extended battery is not really enough to justify the cost, IMO.

brinox

Mar 18, 2010
Visit site
It would be a 13.5% increase. That means that if on a typical day you get 14 hours (just guessing), you would gain about 2 hours (14h * 0.135 = 1.89h), so it's not a huge improvement. Although most people should get well over 14 hours on a single charge. I really don't think anyone will need an extended battery unless they are constantly using their phone, and those who do might consider waiting for a much larger battery to come out.

if only it were that simple! fact is, this is lithium ion, which varies in voltage as it is used up... so (to a degree) as the battery gets used, the supplied voltage goes down, thereby using a bit more amperage in the process. the extended battery will obviously last longer, but its just not as simple as measuring its % of raw delta in mAH and doing the algebra.

I would expect it to be just a slight bit less than 13.5% in a typical use-case scenario. but we wont know until the official specs are released, and even then we dont get an accurate picture because when do we ever get the actual amount of published use-time with our batteries?!? :confused:

mclarryjr

Retired Moderator
Nov 2, 2009
Visit site
Awesome pics....

I still don't understand though, if the battery is as thin as the stock battery, and there is no difference in thickness, why does it come with its own back panel?

EDIT: Saw the side-by-side picture of the regular 1850mah battery next to the 2100mah batter. It's a little bit thicker. I don't see it as being a big deal. I'm sure most cases would work fine.

Can't seem to find these side by side pictures could you please point me in the right direction.

Thanks

Cory Streater

Sep 21, 2009
Visit site
do you guys carry purses.. or where do you keep these spare batteries around?
pretty sad how battery swapping is "common". I have never done it on my fascinate.. and I never plan on popping my phone in half and throwing a new battery in several times a day, every day.

Spare batteries are really thin and fit just fine in my jeans or jacket pocket. Personally I'd rather carry a small battery around and get double the battery life than a big bulky phone with a marginally better battery life for an hour or so. It literally takes less than 30 seconds to go from dead to full bootup again.

Oh and my Fascinate battery gets swapped 3 times a day, so you're damn lucky :)

MNX1024

Dec 8, 2011
Visit site
Any confirmation if this works on the HSPA+ version? Where did you get this battery?

Also, you guys are mention the battery and charger combo, mind pointing me in the right direction to where I may get it? Thanks.

Rennat

Aug 22, 2010
Visit site
I think I'm just going to wait and see what the battery life is like. I DO NOT want to change anything like turn the brightness all the way down or restrict my usage because that is just hypocritical. You get an amazing phone with an amazing screen and turn that amazing screen all the way down and never use it!... I think not. If the extra little battery just makes me that much more comfortable with landing 25% left with no restrictions throughout the day, I'll get it if the normal battery does not.

Simple as that :)

Lambduh

Dec 18, 2010
Visit site
Just want to Mention in case anyone missed it...the extended battery is half off at vzw corporate stores. Got mine for 25! Will also be posting whether it fits with the silicrylic and commuter once it launches.

Sent from my Xoom using Tapatalk

Jdm4292

Jul 12, 2011
Visit site
Just want to Mention in case anyone missed it...the extended battery is half off at vzw corporate stores. Got mine for 25! Will also be posting whether it fits with the silicrylic and commuter once it launches.

Does that mean the phone's coming out soon? Lol grasping at anything here...

Lambduh

Dec 18, 2010
Visit site
I'm going in today to try to get them to bring out a unit to test the extended battery with cases. Wish me luck.

Edit: I don't work for Verizon but I do work for bby...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelsea rae