[Pictures] Extended Battery 2100mAh + Battery Cover

sushiglobster

Jan 29, 2010
Visit site
Awesome pics....

I still don't understand though, if the battery is as thin as the stock battery, and there is no difference in thickness, why does it come with its own back panel?

EDIT: Saw the side-by-side picture of the regular 1850mah battery next to the 2100mah batter. It's a little bit thicker. I don't see it as being a big deal. I'm sure most cases would work fine.

Last edited:

JediJesus95

Nov 1, 2009
Visit site
How big of a boost is 300 mah? are we talking 1-2 hours? I understand no one has tried it yet on this phone but we should of some math majors who like this stuff.

Droid800

Banned
Mar 31, 2010
Visit site
Awesome pics....

I still don't understand though, if the battery is as thin as the stock battery, and there is no difference in thickness, why does it come with its own back panel?

EDIT: Saw the side-by-side picture of the regular 1850mah battery next to the 2100mah batter. It's a little bit thicker. I don't see it as being a big deal. I'm sure most cases would work fine.

Check out the picture of just the cover; where on the regular Nexus it is concave near the bottom, for this cover its pretty much straight. Its not a HUGE difference, but is enough to make the space the battery needs.

Mr. Poppalopolis

Jun 3, 2010
Visit site
How big of a boost is 300 mah? are we talking 1-2 hours? I understand no one has tried it yet on this phone but we should of some math majors who like this stuff.

It would be a 13.5% increase. That means that if on a typical day you get 14 hours (just guessing), you would gain about 2 hours (14h * 0.135 = 1.89h), so it's not a huge improvement. Although most people should get well over 14 hours on a single charge. I really don't think anyone will need an extended battery unless they are constantly using their phone, and those who do might consider waiting for a much larger battery to come out.

Reactions: JediJesus95

Deltaechoe

Nov 2, 2011
Visit site
no real reason to buy it, its only marginally higher capacity than the normal battery and should only net you about an hour and a half of extra use. Price per mA is still awful

Cigar-Junkie

Mar 1, 2011
Visit site
I think i'll wait to see what kind of life I get first. I still have the extended battery for my returned bionic. That thing was god awful and I opted not to even use it.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

thescreensavers

Nov 14, 2011
Visit site
no real reason to buy it, its only marginally higher capacity than the normal battery and should only net you about an hour and a half of extra use. Price per mA is still awful

Yea, they are trying to make some profit here its dumb, I am either going to buy this or the battery/charger combo. The Battery Charger Combo has its pluses. The 2100mAH has its pluses.

Or wait for it to drop 50% like people are saying?

Droid800

Banned
Mar 31, 2010
Visit site
Yea, they are trying to make some profit here its dumb, I am either going to buy this or the battery/charger combo. The Battery Charger Combo has its pluses. The 2100mAH has its pluses.

Or wait for it to drop 50% like people are saying?

If Verizon does what they normally do, the battery will be 50% off for the week or so after launch. So you should be able to get it when you get your phone.

legendarydog

Android Enthusiast
Mar 13, 2011
Visit site
I've decided to get the spare battery and charger combo instead of the extended battery. first, I'm gonna test out how long the regular lasts on 4G, then I'll test it on 3G to see if I even need the spare battery. If I were to get the extended battery, then I would have nothing to charge it with. no matter what, I'm gonna end up with two batteries, and if I want to do a quick swap, then I'm gonna need something to charge it with.

the ideal thing would be for the given battery to be able to last through a day on its own (like 14 hours). I'm trying to go for an option where I would rarely have to use my spare battery.

qnet

Jan 21, 2011
Visit site
I'll probably just get the extra battery & charger kit. The battery on the GSM Nexus is pretty good but I'm not sure how it will be on the LTE model.

Eric Kane

Sep 13, 2011
Visit site
If you told me this phone came with a 2100 mah battery stock and it did almost zero to change the size of the phone, myself and every tech blogger would be raving about the fact that finally theyre using bigger batteries to offset LTE (1700 mah isnt enough; see Razr and Bionic). No way im passing this up.