Verizon Vehicle Mount and Spare Charging Kit (Photos + Video!)

Aatrek

Apr 21, 2010
Visit site
I stopped by my local Verizon store today and picked up these two accessories for the new Samsung Galaxy Nexus: the Navigation Vehicle Mount and the Spare Battery Charging Kit.

The vehicle mount does not include any charging points or built-in access ports (for the USB or 3.5mm headphone jack) - it has cutouts around each plug to allow normal charging / headphone access. Perhaps the official Samsung mount is the only version with the extended capabilities? Hmm. Knowing Verizon, that's probably true.

The spare battery is the same 1850mAh, NFC-capable battery that comes with the device; this just allows you to charge the spare battery while charging your phone at the same time.

A video walkthrough of the two accessories (sorry about any sound or focus issues):

[YT]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2dkFDo6r0r0?hd=1[/YT]

Close-up photos of the dock ($39.99):

WGpjGl.jpg

WiIaOl.jpg

LfKIcl.jpg

cGPSyl.jpg

...and the spare battery/charger ($39.99):

m9Qyvl.jpg

J0uwrl.jpg

8Si02l.jpg

Reactions: Scottish

pheatton

Mar 30, 2010
Visit site
Re: Verizon Vehicle Mount and Spare Charging Kit (Photos + Video!

I must admit Samsung does make some very nice car docks.

k6tcher

May 29, 2011
Visit site

Why on earth does the car dock for the Verizon version have to be different than the GSM's version? I wonder if the GSM car dock works with the VzW version? The GSM car dock is the only one worth $$$ in my opinion.

I think VzW just likes f'in with the Nexus and its customer base.

bbruin66

Mar 12, 2011
Visit site

Not having those ports is crazy! This mount is not better then the one for the OG Droid! This almost makes me want to buy a RAZR. Almost.

DustoMan

Sep 18, 2010
Visit site

Okay so there's $39.99 I'm not spending on a navigation dock. Might get the spare battery and charger though considering how much 4G consume battery, and I can just leave that charger plugged into my Powermat and do a batter swap when I get home. Thanks for the videos!

D1andOnlyOmen

May 20, 2011
Visit site

I'm hoping someone out there will give an update in the forums as to whether or not that "GSM" version of the dock with the ports on the mounting base and the contact points will work with the VZW model. Because I too agree that the one VZW is selling now isn't totally not worth it. Surely someone will be taking the plunge and giving the "real" car dock a try to see if it will work...... :D:D

NCX

Jan 9, 2011
Visit site

I'm going to order that one also.

If you guys find that it works with the Verizon G-nexus, please let us all know. Its absurd that Verizon would gimp the accessories just to make money on additional ones or to give Motorola the advantage as being the only OEM on VZ to have "premium" docks. When in fact its Verizon making premium docks into trash. I wanted the car dock because i use my smartphone in my car every trip i make, i put my Thunderbolt in its dock each time, its a nice way to charge it and be able to use the screen if i need to for nav or bluetooth streaming.

The official G-nex dock would've been even nicer since the ports were on the suction cup mount, very stylish in my opinion and convenient, but Verizon doesn't like that stuff.

Only accessory i'm getting from Verizon is the Otterbox (since they have it early), and the extended battery.

blueshoes9001

Dec 14, 2011
Visit site

NCX...

I will let you know! I'm praying it does... and a side question... since I'm new to this forum, you guys ever do bulk buys to drive down the cost of this stuff for the members? I used to do that on some other forums, usually more costly items than this but a bulk order is a bulk order..thoughts?

qnet

Jan 21, 2011
Visit site

If you guys find that it works with the Verizon G-nexus, please let us all know. Its absurd that Verizon would gimp the accessories just to make money on additional ones or to give Motorola the advantage as being the only OEM on VZ to have "premium" docks. When in fact its Verizon making premium docks into trash. I wanted the car dock because i use my smartphone in my car every trip i make, i put my Thunderbolt in its dock each time, its a nice way to charge it and be able to use the screen if i need to for nav or bluetooth streaming.

The official G-nex dock would've been even nicer since the ports were on the suction cup mount, very stylish in my opinion and convenient, but Verizon doesn't like that stuff.

Only accessory i'm getting from Verizon is the Otterbox (since they have it early), and the extended battery.

I will let you know also. I just went ahead and ordered both the desk and car dock. I'm taking a chance and hope they both fit. I don't think these docks were even on sale until the G-nex was available for Verizon so, I'm hoping it's just a case of Verizon being cheap and, not because of the size. Either way they could have made it better.

cstmstyle

Mar 31, 2010
Visit site

Samsung? (OEM) Vehicle Navigation Mount
Be careful, first the price is way lower than the full-featured dock (44 vs 78) and the model numbers are different:

From link: Manufacturer Part No: ECS-K1F8BEGSTA.
From reviews and videos: ECS-K1F2BEGSTD

Wouldn't they be different as the GSM and CDMA version size is slightly different

complexx

Apr 12, 2011
Visit site

I'd like to get the Samsung version, but I'd suspect that you will not be able to put the phone that dock if its got any kind of case on it.

With my D3, I can use the VZW branded phone case, and it still fits in the VZW branded car dock. Why the hell would they make a car dock that doesn't have charging points built in is plain stupid.

stanfills

Dec 5, 2011
Visit site

I bought the spare battery and charger. Very good deal imo. Just waiting to see if the indicator light changes when the battery is fully charged... It is steady red currently so I am hoping it changes to green when charged.

I'd like to have the car dock but since I need a case (phone seems like it wants to dive out of my hand) I guess I'll have to go with a universal. Any suggestions?

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fancyfranci