VZW's Car dock has NO 3 pin connection.?

Deathshead

Jul 14, 2010
Visit site
So the Verizon version of the nexus car dock has NO 3 pin connector!?

This is like going backwards from my motorola droid x car dock, This sucks.

There has GOT to be a dock out soon with this feature or hopefully the gsm version will work..
Verizon just tweaked my Melon dude....

[YT]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2dkFDo6r0r0[/YT]

Silent Patriot

Oct 14, 2011
Visit site
Effing bait and switch BS! Makes it an easier decision for me to just keep using my universal cupholder mount and obviously wouldn't work with an Otterbox.

jamontoast1291

Jul 23, 2010
Visit site
On XDA people with the GSM version fits in the VZW car dock, so I would think it works the other way around too. The cases are supposed to be universal too. 0.5mm isn't that big of a difference.

mjhubbard

Nov 19, 2010
Visit site
What is the point of the three pins???? I mean, they put them on the phone, are they not going to make any accessories for it?

Stang68

Mar 15, 2010
Visit site
I'm sure the LTE version fits into the GSM one. Wait a week and find out from one of our more adventurous posters.

swarlos

Trusted Member
Mar 8, 2010
Visit site
I bought the navigation dock and I'm taking it back, I want the dock with the three pin connectors.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

dubge

Dec 21, 2009
Visit site
No I mean the dock. Sell everyone the regular dock then introduced the one that charges the phone as a premium dock

tx_tuff

Aug 31, 2011
Visit site
Tag for info. I'd buy one as long as I could return it if it didn't fit. Only worry would be if the GSM version was only available to purchase from overseas.

I'm sure it's only sold overseas at this time, but I would be really to bet my money against it that LTE one will fit. Not sure I will ever get one anyway, I have never used any kind of phone dock before. But would still like the option.

world_indo1

Dec 7, 2011
Visit site
I do know that VZ's Casio G'zone Commando has the 3 pin connector.

I used to have a forum signature... then I took an arrow to the knee.

Phone: LG VM670 Optimus V
Rom: IHO BobZhome CM7.2
Theme: kevin2516's LegendX-Fusion

retj

Dec 15, 2011
Visit site
Just means you'll have to stick the microUSB cord into it.

Correct.

You'll just have to put that stress on the microUSB port. Especially in landscape mode where it sticks out sideways.

And you'll have to do without Vehicle Home. Because this piece of crap dock doesn't trigger it.

And most of the time you'll just have to do without Face Unlock or landscape mode, because when I put my VZW galaxy nexus into this piece of crap, it didn't even detect a rotation on the accelerometer.

Returned 2 hours later. Total fail.

complexx

Apr 12, 2011
Visit site
I'm also looking for a dock that has built in charging. I have to admit, I'm spoiled with my D3 car dock. Not only does it have built in charging, car mode auto activation, but it also is compatible with my VZW holster/phone case. It's a damned good product.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance