01-17-2012 12:37 PM
101 ... 2345
tools
    Thanks for the recommendation. It looks like that would work, but I wonder if something smaller is available?
    You can see that there is not a lot of extra room in this case.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk
    01-04-2012 08:55 AM
    It looks like Seidio just put up a "coming soon" placeholder on its website for a 3100 mah battery. I'm ok with the performance of the stock and 2150 mah batteries, and the slim extended batteries I got from Seidio for my Thunderbolt were garbage, but a 3100 battery could power this thing for days. So long as the NFC capabilities aren't compromised, it may work for some people.
    01-04-2012 01:15 PM
    NFC capabilities are compromised.

seidioonline.com
    01-04-2012 01:27 PM
    Sorry for the confusion, but I am wondering about a case that is just for a spare battery, not the whole phone. If I'm carrying a spare battery in my pocket, I would feel better if I had some kind of case that isn't too bulky to put it in, so I don't have to worry about shorting out the terminals.
    Whoops I probably should have read it clearer. I know what you mean though. I'm ghetto and just pit the batteries on a ziplock bag in my oat pocket at work lol.
    01-04-2012 06:06 PM
    Ah, I see. It's not as large as I thought. That ought to work just fine for me.

Thanks, Buddy!
    01-07-2012 01:17 AM
    Well, the ziplock bag would work just fine, too! But I think I'm going to give the Case Logic idea a try first.
    01-07-2012 01:25 AM
    For $50? No. For $25? Yes.
    01-07-2012 02:32 AM
    Well, the ziplock bag would work just fine, too! But I think I'm going to give the Case Logic idea a try first.
    Whatever works for you

For $50? No. For $25? Yes.
    Agreed... if you can get it for the 50% off deal it is a no brainier, if you have to pay full price then it is really a toss up, but I believe the stores are still selling them for that.
    01-07-2012 12:37 PM
    Got extended battery for 25, ordered from local Verizon store, they billed my account and 2 day Fedex'd it to me. The otter box commuter fits well with the new back. Difference is somewhat noticeable, for 25 it was worth it.

01-07-2012 07:00 PM
    is this the hard seido case that's a snap on?
    Yes. Fits great and with juice defender I am getting through the entire day. :thumbup:

01-08-2012 01:20 PM
    Is the charger sold separately from the standard battery?
    Charger comes with standard battery but not the extended battery.

01-08-2012 01:21 PM
    Just came back from Verizon store with extended battery, it does make the Nexus feel better, a little more weight at bottom makes phone fit in palm of hand better , and if it adds thickness, it is a hair thicker, barely.

Now I am looking for the thinnest case that fits extended battery ? I dont like tge two pc cases, too bulky, would love a barely there case if it fits ?
    01-08-2012 06:06 PM
    got mine for $25 from verizon store and well worth it for me.
    01-12-2012 09:28 PM
    Just came back from Verizon store with extended battery, it does make the Nexus feel better, a little more weight at bottom makes phone fit in palm of hand better , and if it adds thickness, it is a hair thicker, barely.

Now I am looking for the thinnest case that fits extended battery ? I dont like tge two pc cases, too bulky, would love a barely there case if it fits ?
    you should try the diztronic case from amazon. i got mine today and it's just what i'm looking for. fits extended battery, light, thin, snug, phone won't slip off case, anti slip back, smooth lip (makes it easier to get in and out of pocket), comes with a screen protector if you want to use it.
    01-12-2012 09:31 PM
    I agree..I have the diztronic matte black case and love it. Slim,perfect fit,non slip and shows no fingerprints like the gloss tpu cases do.

Comineeyeaha likes this.
    01-12-2012 09:41 PM
    I agree..I have the diztronic matte black case and love it. Slim,perfect fit,non slip and shows no fingerprints like the gloss tpu cases do.

I came here to see what people thought of the battery, and had a different question answered. I liked my silicone case from my TB, and was looking for something like that for the Nexus. I'm not sure if I need the extended battery (I'm always around a charger anyways), but if this case fits it that gives me options later on down the road. I think I might order one of these. Thanks!
    01-15-2012 12:54 AM
    Seiio is planning to release 3800 mah EXT battery for Galaxy Nexus this week. The extended case that works with 3800 mattery is also available.
    01-15-2012 10:01 AM
    Seidio plans to release the following cases for 2150 mah battery next week

1) Extended case and holster that fits 2150 battery- now shipping

http://www.seidioonline.com/samsung-...2ssgnlx-bk.htm

2) Covert case/holster that work with 2150 battery
    01-15-2012 10:05 AM
    Seiio is planning to release 3800 mah EXT battery for Galaxy Nexus this week. The extended case that works with 3800 mattery is also available.
    That sounds good!! I just got the extended battery to go with my OtterBox defender case though and am really liking it. 3800 is huge though!!!! :banghead:

01-15-2012 02:29 PM
    Woah, that's huge! I'll keep my eye out for how that will look, I feel like it will make the phone enormous, but we'll see.

01-16-2012 09:03 AM
    I wonder if this new battery from SEIDO will have the NFC token in the battery like the Samsung ones. Least that is my understanding on how the NFC works in our phones. Used Google Wallet and got my free lunch from the $10 prepaid card. I can see myself using this feature more often.
    01-16-2012 03:25 PM
    I wonder if this new battery from SEIDO will have the NFC token in the battery like the Samsung ones. Least that is my understanding on how the NFC works in our phones. Used Google Wallet and got my free lunch from the $10 prepaid card. I can see myself using this feature more often.
    Yes the token is in the battery, but that does not mean that all replacement batteries will have them, and if they dont the phone works just fine but NFC does not work. Also the simple act of swapping batteries can have less than optimal (read: things may break) experience with NFC but Google and Samsung haven't released anything specific
    01-16-2012 11:44 PM
    Seidio product description for their 3800mah extended battery says no NFC support.

seidioonline.com
    01-17-2012 03:30 AM
    Yes the token is in the battery, but that does not mean that all replacement batteries will have them, and if they dont the phone works just fine but NFC does not work. Also the simple act of swapping batteries can have less than optimal (read: things may break) experience with NFC but Google and Samsung haven't released anything specific
    I can confirm that the NFC works with the Samsung extended battery. However, I got the battery when I bought the phone and used the extended battery from the start and never once used the standard battery.
    01-17-2012 11:56 AM
    Seidio product description for their 3800mah extended battery says no NFC support.

seidioonline.com
    Might be a deal breaker for me unless i find myself not using it much.
    01-17-2012 11:58 AM
101 ... 2345
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD