Case Recommendations?

Reaperbrah

Dec 17, 2011
Visit site
I don't have a picture, but I got the case pictured in this post...
http://forums.androidcentral.com/ve...140968-case-screen-protector.html#post1478545
(post 10 if it doesn't go to it automatically)

I always wear a phone on my belt, and I'm really liking this case/cover combo. Doesn't add much to the phone, and is very low profile on the belt. I've worn it since this a.m. and haven't had any issues with the size,,, in&out of cars, chairs, etc. (I was a bit worried about this too.)

I looked at the Otter box (and had one for an iPhone), but for me, even on the iPhone it seemed big... on the Nexus it seemed huge.
I have screen protectors left over from my iPod. Do you think it would my nexus? I don't really care for cases as I don't sell my phone afterwards. Plus I don't like the bulkiness

northbanker

Mar 10, 2011
Visit site
This is the kind of leather case I had in mind:
Universal Leather Pouch

But I don't usually like to pay VZW's high prices and I don't even know if the Nexus would fit in this.

So I just stopped by VZW store and one thing I did was try to fit a Nexus into this leather pouch. It was a little snug in all ways. Tight to go in & out, and thus the flap didn't close as easily/securely as I would've liked.

They had another universal pouch there which was more fabric less leather, and it fit beautifully... BUT no swivel clip, which is a must for me.

2010BmwM3

Dec 17, 2011
Visit site
Which is the best case in your opinion?

With the way I handle my phones, I will need a case that can protect my phone if I drop it. I have been contemplating between the two Otterbox cases they have and can't decide which would be best for me. I would love to keep the phone bare, but I know that's not a smart idea.

Any recommendations on cases? Or should I wait until there are even more options?

SpaceHippie

Journeyman
Dec 21, 2010
Visit site
Re: Which is the best case in your opinion?

I went with the glosss TPU case. But now im waiting for the diztronic matte tpu case that wont show fingerprints and a black snap on case from ebay. They are thin and low profile. I don't need the ultimate protection.

Reactions: 2010BmwM3

WaistDownUnder

Oct 17, 2011
Visit site

I originally bought the Diztronic TPU case for 10 bucks and used that for a couple days before buying the Incipio Silicrylic case that they're selling at Verizon. It's a two piece case with that has a plastic shell around a silicone flexible interior. I feel it will be better for falls than the TPU case and it wasn't as bulky as the otterbox. The only downside (aside from it being a pocket lint magnet) is it's $30 unless you have a 25% discount on your account for accessories. I'm sure you can find it for cheaper online of course. My vote goes to the Incipio case.

2010BmwM3

Dec 17, 2011
Visit site

I originally bought the Diztronic TPU case for 10 bucks and used that for a couple days before buying the Incipio Silicrylic case that they're selling at Verizon. It's a two piece case with that has a plastic shell around a silicone flexible interior. I feel it will be better for falls than the TPU case and it wasn't as bulky as the otterbox. The only downside (aside from it being a pocket lint magnet) is it's $30 unless you have a 25% discount on your account for accessories. I'm sure you can find it for cheaper online of course. My vote goes to the Incipio case.

Looks like I'll try out the Incipio since I do get the 25% off. If I don't like it the commuter series Otterbox might be my second option. The defender just seemed way too bulky.

TurbineTech

Aug 25, 2011
Visit site

Loving my Otterbox Defender right now. Only issue is I bought the extended battery and it does not work with the case, will solve that by selling it to a co-worker and buying the extra battery/charger combo.

I would love to go naked with phone, but working on wind turbine site there are wayyy too many opportunities to make myself cry by dropping it... :p

LBTRS

May 1, 2010
Visit site
I went with the glosss TPU case. But now im waiting for the diztronic matte tpu case that wont show fingerprints and a black snap on case from ebay. They are thin and low profile. I don't need the ultimate protection.

The diztronic case doesn't work correctly with this phone. Makes the volume keys hard to use and pushes them when bumped. I had to take it off after a day as it was a pain in the ass. The incipio case from Verizon is the case to have.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

2010BmwM3

Dec 17, 2011
Visit site

Loving my Otterbox Defender right now. Only issue is I bought the extended battery and it does not work with the case, will solve that by selling it to a co-worker and buying the extra battery/charger combo.

I would love to go naked with phone, but working on wind turbine site there are wayyy too many opportunities to make myself cry by dropping it... :p

Mine will be naked until I get the chance to run to a VZW store and try out the Incipio. I was in such a rush to just get the phone Thursday that getting a case completely slipped my mind. If I do not like the Incipio I will try out the Otterbox Commuter if anything.

I would probably cry if I broke this thing also, but luckily for me my phone stays in my car when I am working. I will never risk breaking it on a concrete site!

Sentrix

Mar 9, 2011
Visit site
I don't mind the TPU. It's working alright for me. I don't seem to have much trouble with the volume rocker and will be keeping the case for now.

WaistDownUnder

Oct 17, 2011
Visit site

That's a good point I forgot to add about the Incipio case. Word on the street is that it works fine with the extended battery. I'll be able to test it out on Monday when the extended battery shows up in the mail.

DroidAdams

Dec 17, 2011
Visit site

Agreed (and apologies for the redundancy) that Otterbox case is the way to go. I have a Droid Razr with the Otterbox Defender case. Love the case. The phone though... in bad shape for a new phone. It has inexplicably locked up as of today.

JHock08

Dec 29, 2010
Visit site

Otterbox as well. I work outside often although this case makes the phone seem huge but its worth the safety if this bad boy. Also, the phone seems very solid with case on. Overall i like it.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Akshay