I'm using 3 standard batteries

DaPoets

Aug 26, 2011
Visit site
I purchased the $39 battery charging cradle that came with a standard battery and Y-cable from Verizon as well as another $19 battery. I keep the cradle plugged in my car so it is always charging a battery (even when the car is off) and then I have a fully charged battery in my dash as well. When my used up nexus battery is dead I use the one in the dash, put the old one in the charger, and the freshly charged one in the dash. I use my phone a lot so this is working great for me.

Sent from my Verizon Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

DaPoets

Aug 26, 2011
Visit site
So after a couple days of this, I have found that it's clutch and invaluable. I walk around w/ wifi hotspot on (Motorola Xoom used a lot), skype logged in, gps on as I'm driving around a good part of the day for work (bank branch manager) so being able to swap out 95%-100% charged batteries on the fly is golden. I can easily completely discharge 2 batteries in 1 day if I'm not at my desk with an opportunity to plug my Galaxy Nexus in.

Eggshen

Aug 29, 2011
Visit site
I did the same with my OG Droid but it gets annyoning after awhile always taking off the cover and the back. Also after doing it so many times the case starting tearing and the back peice became a bit loose. I wouldn't want to keep doing this on the Nexus with how cheap the back feels.

kilofoxtrot

Feb 15, 2010
Visit site
Cool story bro

9avuk.jpg

DaPoets

Aug 26, 2011
Visit site
I already planned on buying more backs... Kinda saw it coming but it's nothing I can avoid as I'm not in a car long enough to get a good charge. Everything in Buffalo is 2-15minutes away so there is no commute time really. My house is 2 miles from my bank branch I manage for example...

DaPoets

Aug 26, 2011
Visit site

Yeah I was looking at things like those but carrying around an extra clunky gadget just made me sad... thus just swapping the batteries idea w/ the battery charging cradle.

philly

Sep 15, 2010
Visit site
why not instead of going through the hassle of swapping out batteries.. just plug your phone in to a car charger?

3 batteries? im rocking 1 battery.. its doing a great job.

Mooondog

Nov 7, 2011
Visit site
why not instead of going through the hassle of swapping out batteries.. just plug your phone in to a car charger?

3 batteries? im rocking 1 battery.. its doing a great job.

OP is probably enjoying his device more than anyone IMHO. The benefit of having multiple batteries is that....

(1) you can always have a nice bright display and not have to squint because it's on the lowest setting....even the auto-setting keeps it kind of low IMHO
(2) never have to worry about settings. Keep everything on.
(3) don't have to obsessively worry about battery level and when you can plug in
(4) keep it on 4G all the time

You can actually just enjoy the GN in all it's glory. That's kind of your choice..... worry about your batter level and plugging in all day......or just switching out the battery when it gets low. Like the OP, that's the direction I am taking....except I'll use 2 batteries and habitbually plug in when I can.

I was almost thinking about returning this phone because of the battery drain. I wasn't enjoying the phone. I was always worried about the darned battery. This is a very simple solution to that. I was rocking the Moto StarTac back in the day when pretty much everyone carried 2-3 batteries with them and charged them all each night just to get through the day with minimal calls. These batteries are tiny compared to those.

Small_law

Apr 20, 2010
Visit site
I'm not big on battery swapping. I've ended up with at least half a dozen usb/micro usb wall chargers from owning devices over the years, so i have them everywhere at home, one at the office, and another in the truck of my car, etc. With phones being what they are today, you have to have a car charger, which are really cheap through amazon. To each his own, but if you're like me, you're also swimming in usb chargers. Might as well put them to work.

philly

Sep 15, 2010
Visit site
keep a charger at home, in the office, and in your car. besides going somewhere like hiking, or traveling.. I dont see how you need to swap batteries.

my phone is doing fine with battery life.. even here at the office where it gets no signal because of this building.. so its constantly looking for signal.. its been unplugged for 8.5 hours.. and its only discharged 24% of the battery.

I mean unless your streaming netflix in a car that doesnt have a charger.. not sure how you need 3 batteries.. plus the back cover on the nexus is horrible for swapping batteries.

DaPoets

Aug 26, 2011
Visit site
Not in a car long enough to get a good charge but I do plug it in every time in the car

I'm in meetings a lot through the day so can't charge while in meetings

I'm roaming around my job and a phone that's not on your hip is just a paperweight somewhere else.

I've used anywhere from 1000 to 4000 minutes a month (usually only 60 anytime) let alone all the data usage (google call back and google voice is clutch w/ friends and family)

And yes I use my settings full blast, 4G always on, GPS tends to be on, wifi I do toggle at times but I have my wifiHotspot running half the day as well for my Moto Xoom to have unlimited data.

Thus 3 batteries and I'm happy.

NotJustAPhone

Jan 29, 2011
Visit site
The Verizon website has battery covers for about five bucks. While I may break my battery cover at some point, I'm not going to worry too much about it.

Sent using Tapatalk

robstunner

Android Connoisseur
Jun 3, 2010
Visit site
wow with my discount 30 bucks for an extra battery and charger? im there due

Yep. Just paid $55 and now have two standard batteries and one extended with charger, all original Samsung parts. Don't know how much I'll need three but for the price I'm happy.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

NotJustAPhone

Jan 29, 2011
Visit site
I had 4 batteries for my Thunderbolt, but I'm going with two for the Nexus for now (a standard and an extended). Almost bought the combo package of the charger and standard battery today but held off.

Sent using Tapatalk

Jdm4292

Jul 12, 2011
Visit site
I can't decide I have two batteries but no way to charge them externally... I wish vzw would price the charger at 25 too. Anyone know any promo codes lol or do they take Google wallet? Maybe I'll install that and get the 10$ off but I doubt that will work... any suggestions?

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus

tntdroid

Droiderator
Feb 19, 2010
www.flickr.com
I got the extended and also the second battery with charger. Should be good to go. Love the feel of the extended battery.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sandersc