03-16-2012 11:24 AM
66 123
tools
    No, unfortunately not. I bought the extended battery as well and was sad to find that it's not compatible. I'll end up selling the extended batt and buying the charger kit/plus extra battery.
    Works for me too - I have not used the Otterbox Defender case with the standard battery as of yet.

After reading other posts here most people said it would work, so I got the case. The interesting thing is the email reponse from Otterbox told me it would not be compatible.
    12-29-2011 04:44 PM
    This is the case I bought for the interim, and works great:
    http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/ima...cUvbUpU1522144

the cutout I am referring to is the upper right of the back of the phone.
    Isn't that the mike used for noise cancellation?

Sent using Tapatalk
    tony bag o donuts likes this.
    12-29-2011 04:49 PM
    I just picked the Defender a few days ago and to be honest, it's not as big as I thought it was going to be. I needed something protective for my Nexus while mountain biking and this has been working great! I have another case (Incipio) that I use for everyday, but sometimes I've kept the Defender on and didn't even think to use the Incipio that day.

The only downside to the case is the way the screen protector makes the screen look. It gives it a matte look and isn't as sharp, but that was expected.
    pauldroidr2d2 and Rockn like this.
    01-10-2012 04:13 PM
    I was thinking of getting the defender and popping off the anti gkare and jist putting another screen saver on. The anti glare screen makes the screen look awful.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk
    01-10-2012 04:15 PM
    I just picked the Defender a few days ago and to be honest, it's not as big as I thought it was going to be. I needed something protective for my Nexus while mountain biking and this has been working great! I have another case (Incipio) that I use for everyday, but sometimes I've kept the Defender on and didn't even think to use the Incipio that day.

The only downside to the case is the way the screen protector makes the screen look. It gives it a matte look and isn't as sharp, but that was expected.
    That is actually why I ended up going with Otterbox. I think they did a great job at keeping the case thin. Plus it fits the phone when I use my extended battery.
    01-10-2012 04:31 PM
    That is actually why I ended up going with Otterbox. I think they did a great job at keeping the case thin. Plus it fits the phone when I use my extended battery.
    I came from an HTC Thunderbolt with the extended battery, so the Defender is thin to me...haha!

Sent from my GalaxyNexus using Tapatalk
    pauldroidr2d2 likes this.
    01-11-2012 10:48 AM
    I was thinking of getting the defender and popping off the anti gkare and jist putting another screen saver on. The anti glare screen makes the screen look awful.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk
    I have had my Defender on and off a few times since I put the Xoskin protector on, and I have to say the antiglare on the Defender is starting to annoy me. Saw a post where someone had carefully cut the Defender screen out of the shell and I might just do that.
    With both layers covering the Nexus screen you do have to "stroke" it more firmly to get it to go, and it almost makes thumb typing in the "vertical mode" impossible, although the "horizontal mode" seems to work fine for my clumsy attempts. Seriously, other people might not have a problem with it and they for sure would have more practice at it anyway.
    01-12-2012 10:09 AM
    The screen is just glued on. It pops right off. No cutting needed.

Sent from my Transformer TF101 using Tapatalk
    01-12-2012 10:38 PM
    the built in rainbow screen protector and the moving parts loose port flaps at the bottom are a dealbreaker. i'm going with the Seidio Active X Silicone Exoskeleton.
    01-13-2012 06:23 AM
    I purchased the Otterbox Defender for my SGN today and returned it a few hours later. Big thumbs down on this case for three main reasons:

1. The screen protector is perfectly awful. Two reasons for this. a) The protector plastic is not clear in the least. Rather, it has a built-in orange peel effect that fuzzes the SGN screen and also diffracts the light so that it introduces off-colors in a weird sparkly way. I know that any screen protector will impact the visual quality, but this went much too far. Cheap adhesive protectors look better. b) The screen protector plastic doesn't sit flush on the SGN screen. So there is a gap. That severely impairs the touchscreen experience for obvious reasons.

2. The main retaining clip to keep the phone in the holster was extremely hard to operate with one hand. I really had to push on it in just the right place and pretty hard to release it. Getting the phone into the holster was no picnic either. Again, had to push very hard on it. Because the retaining clip was so tight, it also extremely loud when clipping in. I used a Defender on my Bionic (b/f dumping it back at Costco) and it wasn't this hard to operate.

3. The whole assembled case was just much too big. I know the whole point is that this is the best protection you can get, but it just takes away from the phone experience too much. It's nice to have such a powerful phone is a slim package. The Defender makes the encased phone into a beast in your hand, and the holster on the belt on exacerbates it. It turns a Porsche 911 into Chevy Suburban. Each has their own merit, but I don't want to turn one into the other.
    01-13-2012 02:52 PM
    re: -Big thumbs down on this case for three main reasons:

1. The screen protector is perfectly awful. ""
    Yep, it is ugly, but was easy to pop out with my fingernail and the glue cleaned up with a razor knife. So far the Defender is not pressing into the XoSkin but there is a small gap there that will collect debris.

2. The main retaining clip to keep the phone in the holster was extremely hard to operate with one hand. ""
    Yep, the holster is not a good feature and I hardly ever use it as a holster on my belt

3. The whole assembled case was just much too big. ""
    Especially with the holster the whole thing is huge and heavy

However, I kept mine and use mine because I often carry my phone in a backpack full of other junk while on my bike or set it down in awful conditions at work where it is likely to get smacked around. Insurance is one thing, but having a brick like the Defender means I am more likely not to need it. I do take it on and off a few times a week and so far the little tabs still lock in place. Until I see something better, this will do, but this monster is not for everyone.
    01-14-2012 11:45 AM
    Deleted.
    01-16-2012 08:58 PM
    The screen protector that I took off the Otterbox Defender kept the case from touching the Xoslim screen protector, and now a week later it has started to peel off the XO- Looks like it is going to go bare for a while.
    01-22-2012 11:40 AM
    Love this case, however any one know of a car mount I can use with it?
    03-11-2012 09:35 AM
    The defender is awesome, I enjoy mine. But, I cant really use it on a daily basis, the thing is a lint magnet and is absolutely massive.
    03-13-2012 05:20 PM
    I love my defender otterbox case .A case is needed where I work to protect the phone .
    Also the fact otterbox has great customer service.
    I ordered my otterbox of their website.
    My top clip broke off the holster,yesterday.I called them a few minutes ago and explained to them what happen.She said the holsters where on back order so she would just send me out the entire case and holster .I have already gotten my email confirmation on the phone call we had and the shipping details.So now just waiting on tracking info .
    03-16-2012 11:24 AM
66 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD