01-22-2012 06:49 AM
39 12
tools
    It is perfect. It is also the official Samsung dock that is not released yet. Notice the ship date of "1/23/12" on that site.

Brandon
    yeah I noticed that...I like official...soon!

Galaxy Nexus in the house via Tapatalk!!!
    01-08-2012 08:31 PM
    If there isn't an "official" dock for under $25 I will just build one.

$64.95. Come on. It's molded plastic and a few wires. Here's a guess that this vendor is just taking advantage by putting something up there early and getting people to bite.
    01-09-2012 01:05 PM
    Why are these all so expensive? All I want is a charging stand. All that takes is a hunk of plastic and a micro usb cable.

Should be as cheap as the many iphone charging cradles out there.
    This one would definitely work.

https://rover.ebay.com/rover/1/711-5...3D1%26_rdc%3D1
    01-09-2012 07:49 PM
    01-12-2012 10:28 AM
    just want a dock that uses the 3 gold prongs deal and not have to sit it in the usb jack.. too much to ask?
    01-12-2012 11:13 AM
    just want a dock that uses the 3 gold prongs deal and not have to sit it in the usb jack.. too much to ask?
    For a 3rd party, I would say at this point it is too much to ask. Micro usb is a cheap and cross platform standard, whereas the pogo pins are not.
    01-12-2012 11:43 AM
    The problem appears to be the middle pogo pin. It apparently needs to be massaged with some intelligent signaling to put the thing in the correct mode, car, desktop, fast charging. If you just apply 5V (pin closest to the bottom) and Ground (pin closest to the power button) to the pins it will charge like it's connected to a USB cable and only pull about 400mA. This will work for overnight charging with the display off. However, this is not enough current to run the thing with the display on, playing music through Bluetooth and pulling data via the 4G connection.
    01-17-2012 02:31 PM
    This $65 Dock that you guys posted earlier in this thread uses the 3 Gold Dots and looks good to me (except the price). I am not sure how it works but somehow it charges and sends 1080 video out through the 3 gold dots (has an hdmi port in the back of the docking station) That is very interesting and would be what I am looking for.

Samsung« (OEM) Multimedia Desktop Dock For Verizon Samsung GALAXY Nexus SCH-I515,Verizon Google GALAXY Nexus SCH-I515
    01-18-2012 01:24 PM
    This $65 Dock that you guys posted earlier in this thread uses the 3 Gold Dots and looks good to me (except the price). I am not sure how it works but somehow it charges and sends 1080 video out through the 3 gold dots (has an hdmi port in the back of the docking station) That is very interesting and would be what I am looking for.

Samsung« (OEM) Multimedia Desktop Dock For Verizon Samsung GALAXY Nexus SCH-I515,Verizon Google GALAXY Nexus SCH-I515
    Such a dock would be really awesome and I'd love one, but I think at this point the smart money is on this item being a mistake by Fommy. They have the photo of the landscape desk dock that uses the pogo pins but have the text description is of the HDMI dock which uses the micro-USB connection. Anybody's guess which one you'll actually get if you order it.
    01-18-2012 09:29 PM
    Such a dock would be really awesome and I'd love one, but I think at this point the smart money is on this item being a mistake by Fommy. They have the photo of the landscape desk dock that uses the pogo pins but have the text description is of the HDMI dock which uses the micro-USB connection. Anybody's guess which one you'll actually get if you order it.
    The Samsung part number for the three-pin desktop docking station is EDD-D1F2BEG. If you Google it, you see that a whole bunch of European retailers have it available for preorder. Expansys also has it for preorder (giving a late February date! ), but they expressly state that they don't know if it's compatible with the Verizon Nexus. I sure hope so.

It could be that a Verizon version (if there is one) will have a different Samsung part number, but who the heck knows at this point.
    01-20-2012 03:15 PM
    Our best chance might be when sprint releases their lte nexus.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk
    01-21-2012 01:40 AM
    Our best chance might be when sprint releases their lte nexus.

totally agree... one of the reasons I was happy to hear they were getting it too!! It'll show why verizon is keeping from us!

01-21-2012 02:08 AM
    *what* not why

01-21-2012 02:08 AM
    Here is a Standard universal stand that works with a case on. No bells and whistles though.

ezeStand - The Ultimate Smart Phone Stand
    Works wonders. Had 2 of these and I'm using the XL one now. Cheap and does the job.

01-22-2012 06:49 AM
39 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD