Desk dock just for charging Galaxy Nexus?

bplewis24

Jul 15, 2011
Visit site
I really want the car dock and desk top charger that use the charging contacts. I am on call and am in and out of the car a lot. I really want the convenience of just dropping the phone into the charger/holder. It would be even better if the phone would go into clock or car mode automatically. I just don't understand why this isn't possible yet.
Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

I'm not purchasing anything until they release the ones that can do contact charging. Plugging stuff is has been archaic for years now. I hate the idea of scratching up my phone in the dark while trying to plug the charging cord in next to my bed before I go to sleep. I just want to drop it in and be done with it.

Brandon

Undertoad

Jan 4, 2012
Visit site
If there isn't an "official" dock for under $25 I will just build one.

$64.95. Come on. It's molded plastic and a few wires. Here's a guess that this vendor is just taking advantage by putting something up there early and getting people to bite.

exarkun

Sep 17, 2011
Visit site
just want a dock that uses the 3 gold prongs deal and not have to sit it in the usb jack.. too much to ask?

For a 3rd party, I would say at this point it is too much to ask. Micro usb is a cheap and cross platform standard, whereas the pogo pins are not.

Zookeeper

Nov 10, 2009
Visit site
The problem appears to be the middle pogo pin. It apparently needs to be massaged with some intelligent signaling to put the thing in the correct mode, car, desktop, fast charging. If you just apply 5V (pin closest to the bottom) and Ground (pin closest to the power button) to the pins it will charge like it's connected to a USB cable and only pull about 400mA. This will work for overnight charging with the display off. However, this is not enough current to run the thing with the display on, playing music through Bluetooth and pulling data via the 4G connection.

Jasper

Apr 15, 2011
Visit site

MarcVH

Jun 20, 2011
Visit site
This $65 Dock that you guys posted earlier in this thread uses the 3 Gold Dots and looks good to me (except the price). I am not sure how it works but somehow it charges and sends 1080 video out through the 3 gold dots (has an hdmi port in the back of the docking station) That is very interesting and would be what I am looking for.

Samsung? (OEM) Multimedia Desktop Dock For Verizon Samsung GALAXY Nexus SCH-I515,Verizon Google GALAXY Nexus SCH-I515

Such a dock would be really awesome and I'd love one, but I think at this point the smart money is on this item being a mistake by Fommy. They have the photo of the landscape desk dock that uses the pogo pins but have the text description is of the HDMI dock which uses the micro-USB connection. Anybody's guess which one you'll actually get if you order it.

charveldude

Nov 8, 2011
Visit site
Such a dock would be really awesome and I'd love one, but I think at this point the smart money is on this item being a mistake by Fommy. They have the photo of the landscape desk dock that uses the pogo pins but have the text description is of the HDMI dock which uses the micro-USB connection. Anybody's guess which one you'll actually get if you order it.

The Samsung part number for the three-pin desktop docking station is EDD-D1F2BEG. If you Google it, you see that a whole bunch of European retailers have it available for preorder. Expansys also has it for preorder (giving a late February date! :( ), but they expressly state that they don't know if it's compatible with the Verizon Nexus. I sure hope so.

It could be that a Verizon version (if there is one) will have a different Samsung part number, but who the heck knows at this point.

808phoneaddict

Dec 24, 2011
Visit site
Our best chance might be when sprint releases their lte nexus.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

totally agree... one of the reasons I was happy to hear they were getting it too!! It'll show why verizon is keeping from us!

Galaxy Nexus in the house via Tapatalk!!!

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lindagibney