This phone to me is so damn slippery. I'm scared its gonna go flying one of these days. I hate cases, what else can i get for the back of it? Do they make any ultra thin skin/wrap for the battery cover that i wouldnt notice being on there?
    12-19-2011 12:32 PM
    I'm trying this one out and like it so far:

Qubits Case

I have the clear which allows you to see the back, but the one above is the black one. It's thin, fits great, and has a good grip on the sides.
    12-19-2011 01:56 PM
    what were the things called that people put on their treo's way back when?

Better grips?
    12-19-2011 02:36 PM
    "egrips." Thanks for the reminder, I had a couple strips left over from a universal pack I got for my Treo. The only thing uglier than a silver, gelatinous strip of sticky stuff on the back of my GNex is a cracked screen on the front of it.
    tony bag o donuts likes this.
    12-19-2011 03:31 PM
    Anybody got experience with ghost armour ? Might be something to wrap the battery cover in
    12-19-2011 03:37 PM
    i'm in the same boat. i had a very rubbery case with my incredible and never felt like i would drop the phone. With the nexus so far i've been using naked, and i'm scared to death of it. The fact that it's as large as it is doesn't help...
    12-19-2011 03:39 PM
    anyone think otterbox will rlease a diff color case? like a white or blue one? seem like they got a lot of color varies for the iphone.
    12-19-2011 04:51 PM
    Anybody got experience with ghost armour ? Might be something to wrap the battery cover in
    Came across one of these kiosks on Saturday... talked to the gentleman for a few minutes, his droid was wrapped with it. It definitively was not slippery with the GA on it.

I did not like it on the screen, just did not feel right. But on the body it was not bad. He wanted 35 to cover my GN in about 10 minutes. I didn't do it because he had bubbles in his and looked horrible. I don't think I would trust some person wrapping my GN if they can't even wrap their own phone.
    12-19-2011 05:18 PM
    Ah egrips. Always sold out but they were crack to the treo
    12-19-2011 06:11 PM
    What we need is 3rd party battery covers.
    12-20-2011 11:34 AM
    I found it to be quite slippery as well.

I just bought this case from the local Verizon store. I got just the case, not the charger/protectors for $30 (then 22% corporate discount).

With the back on, it gives me just the right amount of grip that I am no longer concerned about dropping it. And it has a handy little 'kickstand' on the back, to prop it up for watching movie, video, etc.

And I can use the holster with it when needed.

Meets my needs quite nicely!
    12-20-2011 12:10 PM
    What we need is 3rd party battery covers.
    agreed
    12-21-2011 06:08 AM
    @tony eGrips WERE great in the day. I knew an IT manger at a construction company that put these on all issured mobile devces and claimed a 50% reduction in broken returned BB's and treos. They did eventually offer custom cut, clears and colors too.

@ carbon YES! various colors and textures would be killer...production would be relatively cheap i imagine on a thin piece of plastic.
    12-21-2011 06:22 AM
    @carbon just hit me. Battery cover on vzw GN is not interchangeable with the GSM version, which will be produced in WAY higher quantities and available world wide. Alas, we in the US will suffer from economy of scale on this item, if it even gets made...
    12-21-2011 06:36 AM
    Has anyone tried spraying the battery cover with that spray rubber that you see on TV? I wonder if that would work...
    12-23-2011 08:24 AM
    AND you'll be able to use it as a boat!

I saw another forum where a guy had some carbon fiber sheets he cut and attached. They looked thin and pretty spiffy. I think it might have been called M6. I wish there was a way to make it the rubber stuff like my X2
    12-23-2011 02:10 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD