06-11-2013 01:17 AM
137 12345 ...
tools
    CLOSE UP

As you can see the screen protector is very thin.

The skin is nice and flat around edges corners and curves

This shows you how thin the skin is

Even though I have the extended battery, the skin still fits nicely around the camera in the back

Final thoughts:

I really do like the skin and the screen protector although I would not have installed it my self. I always go to kiosks because the workers there install tons of skins and protectors every day. Also for warranty the worker took down my info and said that if I ever need anything fixed I just have to go in to the kiosk with the old material and phone and they will re install and replace whatever I need for a 5 dollar service fee. I don't need a receipt since they stored my purchase info on a computer.

I can post high res pics if anyone wants to see them.
    01-02-2012 09:18 PM
    Innaresting! How's the feel? Very rubbery? It's thinness should help in that regard, I reckon.
    01-02-2012 09:20 PM
    Innaresting! How's the feel? Very rubbery? It's thinness should help in that regard, I reckon.
    The screen protector feels like latex but barely. The Carbon Fiber feels like tightly woven fiber lol. Kinda has a cloth feel to it but you can feel where the fibers change direction.
    01-02-2012 09:27 PM
    So it is actual CF? That's kinda cool if so lol
    01-02-2012 09:31 PM
    Yea its real carbon fiber. Im pretty sure (If I remember correctly when I was looking around for carbon fiber kits for my car) that different color "carbon fiber" is made of different material. I think black is the only "carbon fiber" that is made out of actual carbon fiber while the other colors are made out of a different type of fiber and/or colored fiber glass. IM not sure if this is true though so someone correct me if i'm wrong.
    01-02-2012 09:38 PM
    Yea its real carbon fiber. Im pretty sure (If I remember correctly when I was looking around for carbon fiber kits for my car) that different color "carbon fiber" is made of different material. I think black is the only "carbon fiber" that is made out of actual carbon fiber while the other colors are made out of a different type of fiber and/or colored fiber glass. IM not sure if this is true though so someone correct me if i'm wrong.
    What type of protection do they guarantee with it? I presume not much impact resistance. Still, very neat. Thanks for the pics! I may swing by my local kiosk in the AM to see if they can sell me on a screen protector.
    01-02-2012 09:40 PM
    No impact resistance, which is why I like that its still thin enough to fit in any case. It protects against scuffing, scratches, etc.
    01-02-2012 09:46 PM
    i really dont like how it doesnt completely cover the bottom of the phone, that part is the easiest to get scratched due to plugging in chargers and aux cables... Ive already scratched mine twice just from pluggin in my aux cable in my car
    01-02-2012 10:07 PM
    CLOSE UP

As you can see the screen protector is very thin.

Click to view quoted image

The skin is nice and flat around edges corners and curves

This shows you how thin the skin is

Even though I have the extended battery, the skin still fits nicely around the camera in the back

Final thoughts:

I really do like the skin and the screen protector although I would not have installed it my self. I always go to kiosks because the workers there install tons of skins and protectors every day. Also for warranty the worker took down my info and said that if I ever need anything fixed I just have to go in to the kiosk with the old material and phone and they will re install and replace whatever I need for a 5 dollar service fee. I don't need a receipt since they stored my purchase info on a computer.

I can post high res pics if anyone wants to see them.
    It looks like they did a good job. When I tried installing the ghost armor myself it had those streaks in it like yours but much worse and, they hadn't gone away after a couple of days. I did a good job with the Ghost Armor on my ipad 2 but, couldn't get it right on the Gnex for some reason.
    01-02-2012 10:57 PM
    This is not real carbon fiber. Its vinyl thats been pressed to have a texture similar to carbon fiber. Corban, your install looks very good.
    01-03-2012 09:25 AM
    It looks like your Mic is mostly covered up... Have you had any reduction in quality from people hearing you talk at all, or am I just seeing things?!?

This is the picture I'm referring to:

01-03-2012 10:26 AM
    Corban227,

May I ask what case you are using with that Ghost Armor and Extended Battery? I have the Ext Battery and just ordered the Ghost Armor. I will be letting a kiosk install it for me but would also like the option to use a case but every case I have seen doesnt work with the ext battery. Any ideas? Thanks
    01-03-2012 11:46 AM
    Where did you guys but the ghost armour case..
    01-03-2012 03:54 PM
    Where did you guys but the ghost armour case..
    ghost-armor.com
    BigDroid likes this.
    01-03-2012 04:07 PM
    Conveniently, the only local kiosk (Arundel Mills, MD) doesn't exist anymore. Oi.
    01-03-2012 04:55 PM
    Corban227,

May I ask what case you are using with that Ghost Armor and Extended Battery? I have the Ext Battery and just ordered the Ghost Armor. I will be letting a kiosk install it for me but would also like the option to use a case but every case I have seen doesnt work with the ext battery. Any ideas? Thanks
    I have a tpu case but don't remember which it is. I'll post a link when I get home. It kinda fit at first but the longer I have it the better it fits. I think it is slowly stretching to fit. I write more on it later

It looks like your Mic is mostly covered up... Have you had any reduction in quality from people hearing you talk at all, or am I just seeing things?!?

No issue. In fact I'm having trouble with it picking up too much noise in my car. Thebmic hole is very small. I'll post a better pic when I'm home.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus
    01-03-2012 05:01 PM
    I have a tpu case but don't remember which it is. I'll post a link when I get home. It kinda fit at first but the longer I have it the better it fits. I think it is slowly stretching to fit. I write more on it later

No issue. In fact I'm having trouble with it picking up too much noise in my car. Thebmic hole is very small. I'll post a better pic when I'm home.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus
    Wait, your not the OP?
    01-03-2012 06:41 PM
    Wait, your not the OP?
    nope...
    01-03-2012 06:56 PM
    nope...
    My question was directed towards the OP and how his mic hole looks mostly covered up. Not sure exactly what your response was regarding Corban227...
    01-03-2012 07:01 PM

I cut it back slightly. Its not the skins fault it was the installation by the guy at the kiosk.

Even before cutting it back slightly it didn't make any reduction in sound...
    DCoy82 likes this.
    01-03-2012 07:13 PM
    My question was directed towards the OP and how his mic hole looks mostly covered up. Not sure exactly what your response was regarding Corban227...
    oops, i thought you were referring to Corban's recent photos he posted one page back. Both the OP and Corban's bottom mic holes appeared slightly obstructed to me as well.
    01-03-2012 08:17 PM
    Gigity. Lol well i post a better pic anyway. For clarification i posted pics with the black carbon fiber skin installed because of the pics inthe op's post. I posted the pics 1 page back for a second look at an install

Sent from my Transformer Prime TF201
    01-04-2012 01:19 AM
    Great Pictures! I think I might go with that screen protector. I never really installed screen protectors on any of my phones because of the considerable lag it causes when trying to swipe. But if this one doesnt cause that, I might go with it. Went to the Verizon store and seen there display Nexus. The screen was torn up bad from people probably doing that on purpose with there key or digging it with something. Even though I have OCD with my phones, I might check on ebay and see if I can snag one of these. Great review!
    01-04-2012 07:21 AM

Here is mine. I just got this last night. I immediately installed it. I've done these before so it's pretty easy for me.

The trick is to just get the skin into place. Don't worry about it sticking all the way at first. When you have all the pieces in the exact place you want. Get a hair dryer and put the heat on it. Heating it up helps the skin form around and to the device.

I'm extremely pleased with this and the color. I had the Best Skins Ever clear body skin on it and did not like it all that much. I felt the corners to must and it just didn't feel right. THIS feels GREAT. Very smooth except for the actual carbon fiber texture.

I HIGHLY recommend this skin.
    anon(42011) likes this.
    01-05-2012 09:24 AM

Here is mine. I just got this last night. I immediately installed it. I've done these before so it's pretty easy for me.

The trick is to just get the skin into place. Don't worry about it sticking all the way at first. When you have all the pieces in the exact place you want. Get a hair dryer and put the heat on it. Heating it up helps the skin form around and to the device.

I'm extremely pleased with this and the color. I had the Best Skins Ever clear body skin on it and did not like it all that much. I felt the corners to must and it just didn't feel right. THIS feels GREAT. Very smooth except for the actual carbon fiber texture.

I HIGHLY recommend this skin.
    Does this add a little grip to the phone? I noticed that I've almost dropped mine a few times due to how thin it is, and how there's no grip to it. I've been using a case just for a little thickness & grip, but maybe this carbon fiber might be better.
    01-05-2012 10:23 AM
137 12345 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD