Ghost Armor Carbon Fiber and Screen Protector Review

DCoy82

Apr 19, 2011
Visit site
It looks like your Mic is mostly covered up... Have you had any reduction in quality from people hearing you talk at all, or am I just seeing things?!?

This is the picture I'm referring to:

DSCF5676.jpg

ElusiveAura29

Dec 22, 2011
Visit site
Corban227,

May I ask what case you are using with that Ghost Armor and Extended Battery? I have the Ext Battery and just ordered the Ghost Armor. I will be letting a kiosk install it for me but would also like the option to use a case but every case I have seen doesnt work with the ext battery. Any ideas? Thanks

Corban227

Dec 23, 2011
Visit site
Corban227,

May I ask what case you are using with that Ghost Armor and Extended Battery? I have the Ext Battery and just ordered the Ghost Armor. I will be letting a kiosk install it for me but would also like the option to use a case but every case I have seen doesnt work with the ext battery. Any ideas? Thanks

I have a tpu case but don't remember which it is. I'll post a link when I get home. It kinda fit at first but the longer I have it the better it fits. I think it is slowly stretching to fit. I write more on it later

It looks like your Mic is mostly covered up... Have you had any reduction in quality from people hearing you talk at all, or am I just seeing things?!?

Click to view quoted image

No issue. In fact I'm having trouble with it picking up too much noise in my car. Thebmic hole is very small. I'll post a better pic when I'm home.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus

DCoy82

Apr 19, 2011
Visit site
I have a tpu case but don't remember which it is. I'll post a link when I get home. It kinda fit at first but the longer I have it the better it fits. I think it is slowly stretching to fit. I write more on it later

No issue. In fact I'm having trouble with it picking up too much noise in my car. Thebmic hole is very small. I'll post a better pic when I'm home.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus

Wait, your not the OP?

lembowski

Nov 17, 2009
Visit site

Click to view quoted image

I cut it back slightly. Its not the skins fault it was the installation by the guy at the kiosk.

Even before cutting it back slightly it didn't make any reduction in sound...

Reactions: DCoy82

NateDizzy

Apr 5, 2011
Visit site
My question was directed towards the OP and how his mic hole looks mostly covered up. Not sure exactly what your response was regarding Corban227...

oops, i thought you were referring to Corban's recent photos he posted one page back. Both the OP and Corban's bottom mic holes appeared slightly obstructed to me as well.

Corban227

Dec 23, 2011
Visit site
Gigity. Lol well i post a better pic anyway. For clarification i posted pics with the black carbon fiber skin installed because of the pics inthe op's post. I posted the pics 1 page back for a second look at an install

Sent from my Transformer Prime TF201

Terrigno

Italiano Papi
Jul 12, 2010
Visit site

Great Pictures! I think I might go with that screen protector. I never really installed screen protectors on any of my phones because of the considerable lag it causes when trying to swipe. But if this one doesnt cause that, I might go with it. Went to the Verizon store and seen there display Nexus. The screen was torn up bad from people probably doing that on purpose with there key or digging it with something. Even though I have OCD with my phones, I might check on ebay and see if I can snag one of these. Great review!

SirLance99

Nov 25, 2009
Visit site
Carbon Fiber Red

20120105_093001.jpg

20120105_093034.jpg

20120105_092935.jpg

20120105_092949.jpg

20120105_093011.jpg

20120105_092920.jpg

Here is mine. I just got this last night. I immediately installed it. I've done these before so it's pretty easy for me.

The trick is to just get the skin into place. Don't worry about it sticking all the way at first. When you have all the pieces in the exact place you want. Get a hair dryer and put the heat on it. Heating it up helps the skin form around and to the device.

I'm extremely pleased with this and the color. I had the Best Skins Ever clear body skin on it and did not like it all that much. I felt the corners to must and it just didn't feel right. THIS feels GREAT. Very smooth except for the actual carbon fiber texture.

I HIGHLY recommend this skin.

CFD323

Apr 24, 2010
Visit site
Re: Carbon Fiber Red

Here is mine. I just got this last night. I immediately installed it. I've done these before so it's pretty easy for me.

The trick is to just get the skin into place. Don't worry about it sticking all the way at first. When you have all the pieces in the exact place you want. Get a hair dryer and put the heat on it. Heating it up helps the skin form around and to the device.

I'm extremely pleased with this and the color. I had the Best Skins Ever clear body skin on it and did not like it all that much. I felt the corners to must and it just didn't feel right. THIS feels GREAT. Very smooth except for the actual carbon fiber texture.

I HIGHLY recommend this skin.

Does this add a little grip to the phone? I noticed that I've almost dropped mine a few times due to how thin it is, and how there's no grip to it. I've been using a case just for a little thickness & grip, but maybe this carbon fiber might be better.

sutrebla15

Dec 1, 2011
Visit site
So I ordered a screen protector online and installed it myself. I'm gonna give it a few days for it to clear up, but if I'm not satisfied with my own installation, can I go to a kiosk and have them install a new one for just the $5 fee or will I have to pay for the screen too since I ordered mine online?

SirLance99

Nov 25, 2009
Visit site
Re: Carbon Fiber Red

Does this add a little grip to the phone? I noticed that I've almost dropped mine a few times due to how thin it is, and how there's no grip to it. I've been using a case just for a little thickness & grip, but maybe this carbon fiber might be better.

Yep. Just enough to feel like you are not going to lose it.

ultravisitor

Aug 29, 2010
Visit site
I have never gotten a screen protector for my phones in the past because I hate them, but I was persuaded to get a Ghost Armor after reading about other people's mishaps. I have to say, I'm pretty damn impressed. I had it installed at a kiosk, and the person who installed it did a good job with the installation. To me, the Ghost Armor has a nicer feel to it because it doesn't feel rubbery like the screen protectors from ZAGG.

Reactions: rubbadonga

ketchupfreak

Jun 25, 2011
Visit site
Tell me what you guys think. I personally hate this. Maybe its the crappy job the person at the ghost armor did. Maybe its the contrasting white on grey. All I know is when I was not going to be happy when I picked up my phone and the girl said "There are going to be creases and bumps due to the curves and design of the phone. Its normal." I'm pretty sure I am going to return this. I think the cuts are off and it looks extremely tacky. On to the pics.
IMG_0991Large.jpg

IMG_0993Large.jpg

IMG_0994Large.jpg

IMG_0995Large.jpg

IMG_0996Large.jpg