Galaxy Nexus Incipio Silicrylic case Review

XzombieX66

Feb 27, 2011
Visit site
So I got this case at verizon, I have always been a huge fan of them ( had a case on my DX, DX2 and Xoom) and I was happy to see that they carried them for this phone. I get my corporate discount so i saved like 25%. I also got the Extended battery because it was on sale and my discount applied to this also. The case isn't really made for the extended battery but it fits very well, the case is a two piece design, it has silicone that wraps around it then a plastic piece goes over it. Having the extended battery does make the gaps not completely flush but its very very minor and I can deal with it. IMO this is one of the nicest case I have seen for this phone. It doesn't add hardly any bulk but retains very good protection. I recommend this case to everyone. My pics aren't really the best as I lost my camera so I used my Xoom to take the pics. If you have any questions ask me.

http://www.myincipio.com/Samsung-Ga...CRYLIC-Hard-Shell-Case-with-Silicone-Core.asp

IMG_20111219_190605-1.jpg

IMG_20111219_190422.jpg

IMG_20111219_190417.jpg

IMG_20111219_190315.jpg

IMG_20111219_190307.jpg

IMG_20111219_190221.jpg

IMG_20111219_190210-1.jpg

IMG_20111219_190204-1.jpg

IMG_20111219_190605.jpg

Last edited:

Swavek

Nov 10, 2009
Visit site
Thanks for taking the time to take pictures of it and describe it.
Say, do you know how it compares to the OTTERBOX case? I tried that and found that it was too bulky for my tastes.

the case looks really nice, but it doesn't have a belt clip eh? that's too bad. verizon has another case/belt-clip but that one won't accommodate the g-nex when it has the extended battery.

NotJustAPhone

Jan 29, 2011
Visit site
Thanks for posting the pictures. I use the same case and an extended battery on the way and was wondering if the case works with the extended battery.

Sent using Tapatalk

XzombieX66

Feb 27, 2011
Visit site
Thanks for taking the time to take pictures of it and describe it.
Say, do you know how it compares to the OTTERBOX case? I tried that and found that it was too bulky for my tastes.

the case looks really nice, but it doesn't have a belt clip eh? that's too bad. verizon has another case/belt-clip but that one won't accommodate the g-nex when it has the extended battery.

Np on the pics sorry they kinda suck, the Xoom cam isn't the best, IMO the otterbox is way to bulky this is a very slick case. Im not sure on the belt clip but when i had my DX2 i used a sedio belt clip with the Incipio case and it fit well, so other belt clips might work.

acousticgtarist#AC

Apr 30, 2010
Visit site
I bought this case too. Looks pretty sharp on the phone, and while I haven't dropped the phone "yet", I think it'll survive a fall. My only problem is it seems to be a major dust/lint magnet!

rayj2B

Oct 8, 2010
Visit site
I too picked this case. It's pretty rugged and looks nice around the phone. Should hold up to any fall. Hope the screen holds up to it too.

Z Fury

Oct 20, 2011
Visit site
I bought this case too. Looks pretty sharp on the phone, and while I haven't dropped the phone "yet", I think it'll survive a fall. My only problem is it seems to be a major dust/lint magnet!

The silicone layer is definitely a dust sponge. My big gripe about this case is that when I'm pulling the phone out of my pocked, the silicone layer of the case is very loose - like I'm-going-to-pull-this-case-right-off loose. I also think that it does add a bit of thickness to the phone, but I don't have the extended battery, so I'm not sure how that plays into your analysis (or not).

Maybe I'm just being picky, but that's my only comment that differs from the OP.

Jet300

Sep 22, 2010
Visit site
Have it also. Other than being a dust magnet I like it alot. I used a similar case on my TBolt that I bought at VZW on clearance for $9.99. The silicone portion was red and didn't have Incipio branding .... That thing took all kinds of beatings and kept the phone looking like new.

When I bought the GN, the VZW guy handed me a stack of cases; I was about to roll my eyes until I saw the Silicrylic case on top ... Grabbed that baby real quick. Real happy with it. I think, I may pick up the gray one from Incipio, hoping it won't show dust much ....

Also of note .. when you buy the case from Incipio, you get a screen protector and cleaning cloth.

Black...

GetDynamicImage.aspx

or Grey

GetDynamicImage.aspx

or purple...

GetDynamicImage.aspx

and for the ladies ...

GetDynamicImage.aspx

FishPharm

Oct 16, 2011
Visit site
I just got my Incipio Feather case in today and I think its the best one I've ever had. It doesn't quite protect the phone as much as the model the OP has but it is really sleek and feels great when holding the phone. Incipio has 2 models for this phone but I like the look of the Feather one the best.

edweb1

Nov 28, 2011
Visit site
I to have this case, and I love it. Just wish I could find a leather "portrait" hip case that I can keep this double bumper case on with.

joggy

Apr 21, 2010
Visit site
I just got my Incipio Feather case in today and I think its the best one I've ever had. It doesn't quite protect the phone as much as the model the OP has but it is really sleek and feels great when holding the phone. Incipio has 2 models for this phone but I like the look of the Feather one the best.

@FishPharm - are you also using the extended battery with the Feather? I've had the damn thing in my Amazon cart for 3 days now, afraid to pull the trigger and wondering if it will work with the extended battery and its cover.

NateDizzy

Apr 5, 2011
Visit site
I use the Silicrylic case with the stock battery door with the extended batt. Keeps the case's shape and form better than with the extended door. Try it, i think you all will like the case even more.

bobert0489

Dec 18, 2011
Visit site
Does the silicrylic case feel bulky or grippy in the pocket?

I currently have the standard matte black silicon case from the verizon store, but I don't like how bulky and grippy it is in my pocket.

ninjataint

Feb 11, 2010
Visit site
I have it and it is nice but you need to not get the black on black. It's a lint magnet as mentioned. I may actually replace it with the grey if I can get a good deal.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RemusGhostofRome