Samsung says magnets will damage phone!!

Lolapalooza21

Jan 23, 2013
Visit site
OK. Thanks for the info! Would you happen to know of the reactions these magnetic cases have on the .battery of.a Samsung.tab 2 7.0. I just purchased a case with magnetic flaps.and the day I put.it on the batter just dies.quick
I'm not sure if it the.magnets itself or the tab battery just needs calibrating. Any help is appreciated.

ladyinred01

Mar 8, 2013
Visit site
My Galaxy Note 2 has a phone case with magnetic flaps, and from what I've noticed when I tried to write on S-note or any apps that requires me to use the s-pen, I can't draw a straight line, it ALWAYS curves up in the spot where the magnets are.. it also leaves a blank space when writing or drawing and I'm really worried, will it affect my phone in the long run?

Here is a screenshot of my note 2 screen.. this is written with continuous lines.. left side was flawless while right side (where the magnets are) have gaps :(

31926_584213301591454_1846898180_n.jpg

I forgot to add.. when I remove my phone from the case, it works flawlessly..

Jo Dura

Mar 30, 2013
Visit site
I have the same problem with my Sumsung Note 2, when I have it in a case with a magnetic clasp, the pen does not work on the right side of the phone, the side where the magnet is, if I take the case off the phone, it works fine.

magronlock

Jun 5, 2013
Visit site
Hi everyone.. just wanna share this experience about my note 2.. im using a pouch with tiny magnets as lock and have noticed that my s pen is not working on the area where the magnet is attached..just like on any screen or monitor when you place a magnet near it you will see the colors merging to that area... i think if we use it for very long time it could make the screen to have creep on that area..or the touch will eventually fail in that area..im worried about this so im still thinking if ill continue using my pouch or rather change..what do you think guys..

willwaterjc

Jun 12, 2013
Visit site
Hello Gang,
I have an old Blackberry 8530 but my friend has a 9300 and we both have problems. I can put my phone in the holster and the screens light will come on. My friend has the same problem. Magnets are no good for things like credit cards. I would think that it does do damage to the phone after a while. So I'm gonna get a new one with the Velcro flaps to use with the new phone I get next month.
Cee U Later

Dale Dalton

Jun 26, 2013
Visit site
Guys look at my samsung galaxy s4.i put it above casing that have magnet .and it messing with my phone screen.are magnet really dangerous to phone?

Attachments

• 2013-06-26 15.05.28.jpg
    2013-06-26 15.05.28.jpg
    216.5 KB · Views: 26

agee16

Nov 2, 2013
Visit site
Actually, I just spoke to two Samsung Agents (about the Samsung Galaxy S4) and they both said that a magnet on a case would not harm my phone.

I don't know if this is because this used to be an issue perhaps and now its resolved? But when I didn't trust one, I asked another and received the same answer. So I'm convinced my phone is safe in my flip case with the magnet strip holding it shut. Hope this helps clear up any doubts. This post was the first I saw and it scared me and led me to be wary so I hope this saves someone else some time. :)

Hans Armoogum

Nov 28, 2013
Visit site
Hi, i'm Hans Armoogum from Mauritius. i've just bought a samsung galaxy S4 mini and i wear it with a magnetic flip case.
Can the phone be damage by the magnetic flip case?
Someone can help me please?:'(

Annaliza Lagrada

Nov 29, 2013
Visit site
Hello! I've just bought a Samsung Galaxy S Duos, and also a flip case with magnet but as I've read the manual, it says there that Do not store your device near magnetic fields. Well I am really worried what will happen if I continue using this flip case even if it has magnet? Thanks for the reply! God bless!

Joe Guthry

Dec 3, 2013
Visit site
MegaExt.png

This is Samsung's Mega and Great Tote the only Universal carrier, patented out in 2014. Better reception because of its in the open design. The all leather design is more comfortable to wear and does not have hard plastic digging into your side. No magnets. Has credit card size pouch behind the phone for ?? Lift up the horizontal strap and slide the phone out to the side. Adjust the slide out with the vertical leather strap or tighten it down to ride a bull with your ear phones on. 2014

Last edited:

West Toronto Jack

Dec 8, 2014
Visit site
Do not even risk having to buy a new phone, because of a tiny magnet (or magnets) in you carrying case. There has been several cases in which the screens has become unresponsive (due to the magnets).

Jun 14, 2015
Visit site
Here's the reality, plain and simple:

Electronic technology is inherently sensitive to high-strength magnetic fields. Small magnets, however, will not cause any sort of drastic damage to your phone as the posts of this thread express concern over. It's possible that very high-strength fields could damage your phone's main board, but it is highly unlikely -- and you are very unlikely to come in contact with magnetic fields of that magnitude. NFC technology does not in any way rely on magnetically stored information (such as that of a credit/debit card), because NFC is simply a close-proximity radio frequency data exchange standard. Though strong magnets may produce interference to active NFC exchanges, the type of magnets used in phone accessories will not cause any such interference. In fact, you can purchase magnetic NFC stickers/tags online; they'll work perfectly.

Most modern smartphones use a magnetometer to determine which cardinal direction your phone is facing. Magnetometers act very much like a traditional compass; they sense the magnetic fields present at your location in order to determine the direction of magnetic north. Even though the magnet on your phone's case is very weak compared to the magnetic field of our planet, having it right next to the magnetometer results in a much stronger perceived strength. Try moving your case's magnet around a traditional compass -- it's the same as what's happening with your phone.

So no, it's not gonna kill your phone. ;)

Hi, nice explanation. But I just wondering how abt new devices that are so slim like now I'm using Samsung tab s. Will the magnet cover affect them?
The memory cArd?
Sim card?

kez7680

Dec 21, 2015
Visit site
Hi, sorry to confirm but it does damage the screen. I looked for this type of thread because I just got a new phone and cover; a galaxy note which worked fine. Went to write a note with my handwriting just to find it doesn't write on the right hand centre properly (where the magnet has been)

kokutwat

Dec 26, 2015
Visit site
Hi, sorry to confirm but it does damage the screen. I looked for this type of thread because I just got a new phone and cover; a galaxy note which worked fine. Went to write a note with my handwriting just to find it doesn't write on the right hand centre properly (where the magnet has been)

so it's PERMANENT??

rykellim

Feb 19, 2012
Visit site
Personally, I think the magnet in the flap will not hurt the NFC chip or motherboard as much as the LCD screen. However, most Samsung phones come with the Super AMOLED so magnetic flaps should not have an effect on them, if any. The "damage" from magnets will be a super laggy phone, even to the point of rebooting, but once you remove the magnet far from the mobile, all things should go back to normal. Just my two cents.

pedrocunha

Apr 16, 2017
Visit site
Here's the reality, plain and simple:

Electronic technology is inherently sensitive to high-strength magnetic fields. Small magnets, however, will not cause any sort of drastic damage to your phone as the posts of this thread express concern over. It's possible that very high-strength fields could damage your phone's main board, but it is highly unlikely -- and you are very unlikely to come in contact with magnetic fields of that magnitude. NFC technology does not in any way rely on magnetically stored information (such as that of a credit/debit card), because NFC is simply a close-proximity radio frequency data exchange standard. Though strong magnets may produce interference to active NFC exchanges, the type of magnets used in phone accessories will not cause any such interference. In fact, you can purchase magnetic NFC stickers/tags online; they'll work perfectly.

Most modern smartphones use a magnetometer to determine which cardinal direction your phone is facing. Magnetometers act very much like a traditional compass; they sense the magnetic fields present at your location in order to determine the direction of magnetic north. Even though the magnet on your phone's case is very weak compared to the magnetic field of our planet, having it right next to the magnetometer results in a much stronger perceived strength. Try moving your case's magnet around a traditional compass -- it's the same as what's happening with your phone.

So no, it's not gonna kill your phone. ;)

Sorry to ask this more than 4 years later but do you think a detachable case, like iCarer, Caseza "Zurich", rooCase "Prestige", could damage Samsung S7 or S8?