Otterbox Commuter...????

jumpo64

Nov 1, 2011
Visit site
I've read that a few people on here, as well as XDA forums, have received their Otterbox Commuter series cases and have reported that it works fine with the extended battery.

Would anyone care to write up a review / post some pictures. I'd really like to see this case and I know of quite a few others who would as well.

Please? :)

monsterenergy22

Feb 25, 2011
Visit site
I can confirm the otterbox commuter fits with the extended battery. 2 of the corners have a slight gap, the other 2 corners fit just fine. Case still works perfectly though.

Reactions: jumpo64

jumpo64

Nov 1, 2011
Visit site
If anyone is interested, here's a great video. Doesn't look like it was used with the extended battery though.

[YT]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cyz5-sKO_n8[/YT]

Mthr1

Dec 16, 2011
Visit site
I've read that a few people on here, as well as XDA forums, have received their Otterbox Commuter series cases and have reported that it works fine with the extended battery.

Would anyone care to write up a review / post some pictures. I'd really like to see this case and I know of quite a few others who would as well.

Please? :)

See my review and picture assessments on this forum. Thread link below.

Otterbox Commuter Case/VZW Silcone Case + Seidio Surface Holster compatibility

Hope that helps.

Paul.

Reactions: jumpo64

KarbonKopy

Jan 25, 2011
Visit site
Does the Commuter case add serious bulk to the phone? I like to keep mine in my pocket so I was curious. I know the Defender case would be a bit too bulky.

tacticalfats

Oct 20, 2010
Visit site
I've owned both defenders and commuters for several blackberries and androids.

The commuter is perfect for pocket carry.

Sent from my Xoom using Tapatalk

KarbonKopy

Jan 25, 2011
Visit site
Anyone know if they sell these in stores at all? Haven't checked Best Buy yet but would like to get it sooner at a brick and mortar than later by ordering it online. I know Verizon seems to only carry the Defender.

kca2000

May 10, 2011
Visit site
Anyone know if they sell these in stores at all? Haven't checked Best Buy yet but would like to get it sooner at a brick and mortar than later by ordering it online. I know Verizon seems to only carry the Defender.

I've asked about the commuter at 4 different local Verizon stores and 2 best buys and have not found one. I don't think Verizon carries it at all. Looks like ordering direct is the best option at this point, or you can wait till amazon/best buy starts carrying it.

After watching the video above this case looks like too much for me. Ill be sticking with the VZ Silicon case for the time being.

Reactions: KarbonKopy

dmmarck

Retired Moderator
Dec 28, 2011
Visit site
Question - has anyone noticed the cut away in the silicon for the 3 prong port thing (on the right side of the phone) completely misses those 3 prongs? Is that intentional?

Otherwise, love this product, as I do all Otterbox cases.

jlgraham

Dec 17, 2009
Visit site
Question - has anyone noticed the cut away in the silicon for the 3 prong port thing (on the right side of the phone) completely misses those 3 prongs? Is that intentional?

Yeah I noticed that on my Commuter case (which I use with the 2100 battery and it fits fine) the cutout for the electrical connections is way off. Wonder why that cutout is there to begin with since there is no way the phone would dock with the case on anyways.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
trudycharles