Cases for Nexus?

MrVeda

Dec 3, 2011
Visit site
Can anyone recommend a good case for the GN that fits over the extended battery? My Verizon store sell 3 different cases but they say non fit over the extended battery. Are there any shops that sell the new GN cases or is it all online to order?

Hosehead

May 18, 2010
Visit site
I wouldn't take their word for it. Open the box and try it. I got the silicone case from the VZW store and it fits just fine with the extended cover.

Reactions: MrVeda

Fillyo

Aug 7, 2010
Visit site
The Diztronic case is nice for $10, fits the extended battery also, but the volume button sucks, everytime I pick up the phone, I seem to turn the volume all the way down when I unlock, may cut the volume out with an exacto knife, really annoying.

kds

Dec 30, 2010
Visit site
Most silicone cases will handle it with not much of a problem. It's hard cases you'll need to worry about, but I heard even the Otterbox Defender will fit over the extended battery (going to find out for myself soon).

hapbeeboy

May 3, 2010
Visit site
I tried the diztronics case which fits but the volume buttons suck imho the incipio case is nice buy there is gap between the soft inner case and hard outer case..I personally got there black silicone case from Verizon store as it fits with the extended battery and power and volume buttons are great.. adds very little bulk and easy to grip (wont slip it of your hand).. Also thick enough to protect against damage...

anon(392846)

Jul 5, 2011
Visit site
The Diztronic case is nice for $10, fits the extended battery also, but the volume button sucks, everytime I pick up the phone, I seem to turn the volume all the way down when I unlock, may cut the volume out with an exacto knife, really annoying.

If this is the case you bought, check out the update under product description. They'll give you a free replacement for one that'll fit your phone.

Mthr1

Dec 16, 2011
Visit site
Do you want just a case or do you prefer a case/holster combination?

I just posted a review and several pics of my Seidio Surface case/holster combo in the Galaxy Nexus Accessories forum. You'll find it to be pretty comprehensive.

Seidio Surface Case/Holster w/Extended Battery Review & Pics

The Otterbox Commuter is case only, but very functional and looks great! Silicone inner piece, covered by a hard polycarbonate outer shell. I'm expecting one tomorrow and would love to see it fit into my Seidio Surface holster. (Unlikely, however after assessing the holster first hand)

The Otterbox Defender is another case/holster combo. Built like a tank, but increases bulk significantly. Great for harsh environments.

Hope that helps!

tcapote

Geek Freak
May 15, 2010
Visit site
I just received the QUBITS case I bought from Amazon.

The case fits great with the extended battery installed on the VZW gNex. I really like the style of the back of the case. The side grips are very nice and helpful. The case is thin, so it does not detract to much from the size of the phone. Slides in and out of pockets with ease. The cut outs in the case line up very well with the device. the Volume and power keys are covered, which I prefer. The are not very pronounced, so they don't sick out from the case very much at all, Makes it a bit harder to find the buttons by touch some times. I think it's a great buy for $8

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sleezzyy21