02-02-2012 02:15 AM
48 12
tools
    Samsung Galaxy Nexus Case-Mate POP! Review

For some reason the pic were not posted. Here are some if you want to look at. I had to resize so they may have not made in time for publishing.

https://picasaweb.google.com/1059712...CIvz3K7u1Lb-RQ
    skinnytoo2 likes this.
    12-23-2011 09:30 PM
    With the extended battery cover or not?
    12-24-2011 01:12 AM
    With the extended battery cover or not?
    With Extended battery and cover.
    12-24-2011 01:27 AM
    @st0ic_1 His review says with extended battery cover...

@gobluejd are you experiencing the problem some others have reported with the cable that came with the galaxy not fitting into the whole dedicated to it?

Thanks in advance!
    12-24-2011 02:02 AM

@gobluejd are you experiencing the problem some others have reported with the cable that came with the galaxy not fitting into the whole dedicated to it?

Thanks in advance!
    Yes on my generic wall one. My old HTC and OEM fits fine.
    12-24-2011 09:55 AM

Thanks in advance!
    I just got this case yesterday, and was pleasantly surprised that it fit with the extended battery. The only problem I had was that two of the charging cables (including the one that came with it) I mainly use to charge my nexus did not work with the case -- due to the cutout for the charging port being slightly too small.

Other than that, I really like the case a lot. Going to see if I can find a couple of cheap cables to use that are a little bit smaller so that they work with the case.
    12-24-2011 10:34 AM
    Whats the inside of the case feel like? Anything that might scratch over time, Im paranoid ever since a Siedio case ruined the case on my D2G?
    12-24-2011 10:44 AM
    I really like this case. Got the white/grey one. Looks very distinctive. Took back the Verizon one I had.

---
    Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    12-24-2011 12:15 PM
    How would you guys rate the protection on the case? Good enough to take a light fall?
    And regards to the cable, is the main issue that you can't charge the phone with the case on?

Lastly, is it a dust magnet like the Incipio case?
    12-24-2011 12:45 PM
    Does anyone know why case-mates website doesn't have the product listed anymore?
    12-24-2011 06:47 PM
    Due to fitting issues. The case they were selling weren't fitting well with the charging cables that came with GNex. To charge the phone, you had to remove the case entirely. I sent them an email to get an idea of when they would release the newer version and haven't heard a word.
    12-24-2011 08:52 PM
    Due to fitting issues. The case they were selling weren't fitting well with the charging cables that came with GNex. To charge the phone, you had to remove the case entirely. I sent them an email to get an idea of when they would release the newer version and haven't heard a word.
    Yeah, I just tried it and it would fit the charge cable on the Y connector with the extra battery kit. It did work with another cable I have but I had to really force it and that's not good.

Another issue is there is no opening in the back for the noise-canceling mic. This was brought to my attention by one of the ladies on the forum in another thread. Since I use my bluetooth earpiece a lot this is not that big of a deal for me.

Overall, it is a nice case though. It will definitely protect your phone from a drop.
    dgo11 likes this.
    12-24-2011 09:31 PM
    If it's not a complete hassle, can you tell us more about the noise-canceling mic that's hidden with the case? Or if possible, share a pic? (I currently don't have the phone and don't plan to get it until I figure out a case) I'm not sure if this mic issue is a major one or if it's something I can ignore.
    12-24-2011 11:49 PM
    Finally decided to go with this case for my phone and its not available anywhere, not even on the companies website. what a beat down, whats with this company?
    12-25-2011 11:42 PM
    If it's not a complete hassle, can you tell us more about the noise-canceling mic that's hidden with the case? Or if possible, share a pic? (I currently don't have the phone and don't plan to get it until I figure out a case) I'm not sure if this mic issue is a major one or if it's something I can ignore.
    Here are some pics below. One is of my Gnex with another case with the opening for the mic, the other is with the POP case with no opening.

dgo11 likes this.
    12-26-2011 08:46 AM
    Hmm...I dont' think the links are displaying properly.

When I quote your post, I see the dropbox link but even when I do a copy/paste, it gives me a Dropbox 403 error.
    12-26-2011 04:08 PM
    Hmm...I dont' think the links are displaying properly.

When I quote your post, I see the dropbox link but even when I do a copy/paste, it gives me a Dropbox 403 error.
    My bad. I forgot that I moved the pics into a folder on my dropbox and, it broke the links. I edited it and you should be able to see the picks now.
    12-26-2011 10:13 PM
    My bad. I forgot that I moved the pics into a folder on my dropbox and, it broke the links. I edited it and you should be able to see the picks now.
    I still can't see any pics
    12-27-2011 10:25 AM
    I have the pop on my ipad2 and it has saved the device from many drops.
    I don't like the color choices, but case-mate's fb page had said only white or pink for now.
    I guess won't know for sure until they fix the cable issue and put it back up for sale.
    12-27-2011 06:07 PM
    This may be a dumb question, but how in the world dyou remove this case??

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk
    rudyutz likes this.
    12-27-2011 06:51 PM
    This may be a dumb question, but how in the world dyou remove this case??

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk
    The whole case just pulls off. It's one piece and the phone is pushed inside it.
    12-27-2011 07:43 PM
    Sorry, not sure if I follow...

What do you mean the whole case just "pulls off"?
    The only part of the case I seem to be able to access are the sides.
    The top and bottom are too tightly snug, that I can't budge those ends.

There's plenty of flexibility on the sides, but that's it.

I feel a lil stupid, but I got no idea!
    12-27-2011 07:53 PM
    Sorry, not sure if I follow...

What do you mean the whole case just "pulls off"?
    The only part of the case I seem to be able to access are the sides.
    The top and bottom are too tightly snug, that I can't budge those ends.

There's plenty of flexibility on the sides, but that's it.

I feel a lil stupid, but I got no idea!
    So let me get this straight, you have the case on your phone but are having a hard time getting it off? It is a tight fit but, I have found the easiest way is to start at the top and gently pull from one corner, then the other corner. Once the top is out you should be able to pull the phone the rest of the way out.

I had a tough time the first time I did it but it seems to get easier after you do it a few times.
    12-27-2011 08:15 PM
    So let me get this straight, you have the case on your phone but are having a hard time getting it off? It is a tight fit but, I have found the easiest way is to start at the top and gently pull from one corner, then the other corner. Once the top is out you should be able to pull the phone the rest of the way out.

I had a tough time the first time I did it but it seems to get easier after you do it a few times.

WOW...FINALLY got it off!
    Thank you for your tips, they were very helpful...
    that was stressful, lol!
    12-27-2011 08:34 PM
    WOW...FINALLY got it off!
    Thank you for your tips, they was very helpful...
    that was stressful, lol!
    Your welcome, I'm glad you were able to get it off. I know how you feel. The first time I tried to take it off I was afraid I would break my phone.
    12-27-2011 08:38 PM
48 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD