Screen protector or no?

menelfloss

Dec 19, 2011
Visit site
So this is my first "smart" phone, and I had a screen protector installed when I bought it,... took the sales person three tries to get it on right and without lint or bubbles.
Anyway, the plastic creates a sort of newton ring grainy distortion. After a week, I just took it off and wow it looks so much better.
I do not plan to put this thing in my pocket with keys and change. I use a holster for it.
Anybody else go naked screen with one of these?
m

Jeff43

Aug 17, 2011
Visit site
I'm not going to run a screen protector. The screen seems very finger print proof, and the videos showing its scratch resistance give me no reason to put one on.

I don't want anything coming between me and that HD goodness.

DroidXcon

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site
I got a screen protector as long as its clear. Anti glare screws up the look of the screen. I pay hundreds of dollars for a device I don't want a scratch on my screen.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

DaPoets

Aug 26, 2011
Visit site
I hate screen protectors and cases. Naked is how I play. This screen is too nice to put a screen protector on it.

ottscay

Jul 16, 2010
Visit site
On my previous phone (Droid X) I started with a Verizon-issue screen protector, hated how it looked so I switched to a Zagg. That was nicer but I didn't like the feel and tiny wrinkling texture, so after a couple more months I removed it as well. After a full year without a screen protector the phone had absolutely no scratches.

That said, people need to be realistic about how they treat/pamper their phones (and what kind of activities you engage in). My wife needs one on hers, as she drops her phone quite a bit. A friend of mine is a geologist and gets grit in his pockets no matter how careful he is. Both have cases and screen protectors for good reason.

But for me, I'm careful with my gear and never put anything in "the smartphone pocket", so I'm confident with a naked phone,

Either way, good luck and have fun!

jpprice

Jun 30, 2010
Visit site
No screen protector for me. I had one on my Fascinate and the corner started to peel and I took it off and it was a night and day difference in regards to screen clarity. I did put the TPU case on the back.

I usually keep my diamonds in my other pocket so I should be OK.

menelfloss

Dec 19, 2011
Visit site
Thanks everybody for chiming in.
I don't wear diamonds, I holster the phone, if I'm at the beach I will put it in a zip lock. Seems that some of this is a matter of lifestyle and if you can separate the objects that scratch from your phone in everyday use. I'll take the gamble and go no protector after seeing how beautiful it is without.

Stinkpickle

Mar 10, 2011
Visit site
I'd rather lose a bit of screen quality then look at scratches, because when it is too...

I had a Zagg on my droidx, ya it made the screen less smooth and some artifacts from the material its self - but I got used to it. Got an XO for my gnexus, going to put it on today.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chuckm