Do you honestly need a screen protector?

CallerHoller

May 9, 2010
Visit site
We will see. I was against gell cases. Then I dropped my GN twice in 6 days scuffing it then cracking the body at the corner of the screen. I won't use a screen protector cause I put mine in a micro fiber baggie, even though I have it in a gell case.

kirksucks

May 26, 2011
Visit site
I work in a machine shop. Shards of metal in my pocket etc. I need one or my screen would be scratched to hell

Sent from my unrooted DInc2 via Tapatalk

Buckhorn24

Oct 26, 2010
Visit site
I had the one from the verizon store but found that it showed prints so bad that when I had the pattern onlock set, you could see the path from the finger streaks and easily unlock it. Shame to hide any of the pretty screen, go nekkid.

Johnly

Retired Moderator
Oct 6, 2010
Visit site
no.............it is like birth control......roll the dice baby! Nevermore...what happens is irreversible....but I am not dawning protection for my phone because that is some safe sex right there....ha ha,

Reactions: crzycrkr

kds

Dec 30, 2010
Visit site
Depends on your situation, but better safe than sorry. If you have to ask, then maybe you should put one on.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

superbleester

Mar 23, 2011
Visit site
Just ripped off my screen protected and I have to say I will never use one again. I had a a Nexus S for a year pretty nasty drops and no scratches. I think its safe to say this phone will be that tough. Thanks guys! Merry Christmas! :D

CallerHoller

May 9, 2010
Visit site
Never used one on my OG Droid or my Thunderbolt. The CSR commented on how perfect my Thunderbolt looked. Not a scratch for years.
Learned my lesson on the case though. Dropped my GN twice in one week. Cracking the body.

Terrigno

Italiano Papi
Jul 12, 2010
Visit site
I dont use a screen protector either. Never have, never will. It degrads the input from your finger when you use a screen protector. Plus for me its pointless. I dont put my phone in my pocket. Its always in some sort of a case where its covered up. $500+ phones deserve a little more nertchering from me. Thats just my experience.

Johnly

Retired Moderator
Oct 6, 2010
Visit site
I dont use a screen protector either. Never have, never will. It degrads the input from your finger when you use a screen protector. Plus for me its pointless. I dont put my phone in my pocket. Its always in some sort of a case where its covered up. $500+ phones deserve a little more nertchering from me. Thats just my experience.

My left pocket was taken by the nexus calling shotgun. Alone.

stabbedintheface

Jun 2, 2010
Visit site

I thought the same thing. Until my gnex slipped out of my pocket as I was getting into my car. Now I have a nice little ding.

Ghost armor ordered. Phose is less than a week old. If it gets a ding that easily it wont last

Corban227

Dec 23, 2011
Visit site
After watching a couple videos with someone abusing the phone with some keys, I feel fairly comfortable not getting a protector. Plus the anti finger print coating is awesome. Just wipe the screen with your shirt and finger prints are gone. With my experience with screen protectors, they always seem to have a layer of finger oil.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus

blackjaguar25

Thunderbolter
Jul 23, 2011
Visit site

Holy cow. Nurturing, buddy. ;) I nurture the hell out of my phone, which is exactly why it has a screen protector. Any MINISCULE scratch on the screen will drive me up a wall.

Sent from my Liquid Smooth T-Bolt

Reactions: pauldroidr2d2

crzycrkr

May 30, 2010
Visit site
Just throwing this out there. Alone in your pocket, or key scratch tests mean absolutely nothing. Keys aren't hard enough to scratch glass. Biggest concern are any types of sand/dirt particles. They are all around and get in your pockets and on your hands. Not using protection is like begging for scratches.

There are some amazing quality screen protectors out there that do not degrade the screen and are as smooth as glass. Personally I recommend Steinheil.

yapkuen

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
Just throwing this out there. Alone in your pocket, or key scratch tests mean absolutely nothing. Keys aren't hard enough to scratch glass. Biggest concern are any types of sand/dirt particles. They are all around and get in your pockets and on your hands. Not using protection is like begging for scratches.

There are some amazing quality screen protectors out there that do not degrade the screen and are as smooth as glass. Personally I recommend Steinheil.

This.

TWISM

May 29, 2011
Visit site
It depends. I use one and always have. I don't mind the feeling of the screen or any possible lack of clarity. I do like to be able to not worry about putting my phone down somewhere and it getting scratched. I think if I wanted to baby my phone all the time I could get away without one, but sometimes I just like not having to worry about where I place my phone.

kyle1745

Sep 7, 2011
Visit site
Screen protector and case. After years of smartphones all of them still look new because I took care of them. My incredible still looks new.

mclarryjr

Retired Moderator
Nov 2, 2009
Visit site
I never used a screen protector until last year after I got my first scratch on my Thunderbolt. Since I was OCD it drove me nuts until I got a replacement for other reasons. From that day on I have always had one on.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Conrad Edmund