hard cases & extended battery

ulnek

Dec 22, 2009
Visit site
if i use the extended battery for nexus, will it still fit the hard cases or am i stuck with the rubber soft cases? the only thing i have against the rubber soft cases is that sometimes they don't set in properly when they are made and part of some of the edges are bent. since i'm buying this online, there's really no way to make sure it fits before i buy it. :(

jafels

Oct 1, 2011
Visit site
if you check out the accesories forum up above there are some nice reviews of both the otterbox commuter and seidio surface cases with the extended battery. In both cases he removed the battery cover and it fits fine with the case now being the battery cover...read the reviews, they are extremely good and have a lot of pictures......convinced me to go with a surface case......or at least try it out and see if i like it more than my diztronic.

ulnek

Dec 22, 2009
Visit site
oh i didn't even realize there was an accessories review section... >_<

thanks

by the way, does the hard case hamper the nfc?

Mthr1

Dec 16, 2011
Visit site

thanks

Not so much that there's a "review section", but if you look at some of the recent threads, there are some of us that has but up some pretty comprehensive reviews of some cases used with the extended battery. Find the thread that's titled "Case ROUNDUP". The OP was nice enough to compile a lot of review links into one thread.

Also, using a Otterbox Commuter on my GNex and the VZW Silicone case, the NFC works just fine as we have beamed quite a few things between phones. Zero issues.

jafels

Oct 1, 2011
Visit site

thanks

From everything i have heard the smaller hard cases like the commuter or surface case do not hinder nfc performance. I have heard some people with the otterbox defender having problems with nfc and others with it do not. Anyway you should be good with any of the normal size cases.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kaeros85