02-07-2012 11:07 PM
33 12
tools
    Please post if you have actually tried a case with the extended battery.

I have the Verizon case pictured in the link below and it does fit well with the extended battery.

12-30-2011 05:57 PM
    I'm interested in knowing this as well since I eat thru my battery. Avg life is 5hrs.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S II
    12-30-2011 06:01 PM
    I'm using the "High Gloss Silicone Cover" from Verizon and the extended battery fits perfectly.

12-30-2011 06:10 PM
    I'm using the "High Gloss Silicone Cover" from Verizon and the extended battery fits perfectly.
    How is that with picking up lint and fingerprints?
    12-30-2011 06:22 PM
    I have a seidio active and it fits ok. A little tight but not bad at all
    12-30-2011 06:25 PM

I have the Verizon case pictured in the link below and it does fit well with the extended battery.

Click to view quoted image
    I have the shell/holster combo also and it doesn't fit well with the extended battery. Do you have the battery cover on or off?
    12-30-2011 06:25 PM
    I have the shell/holster combo also and it doesn't fit well with the extended battery. Do you have the battery cover on or off?
    Battery cover on. It fits more snugly, but I didn't feel I had any problems with it. What did you experience?
    12-30-2011 06:28 PM
    Case-Mate Barely There does.
    12-30-2011 06:28 PM

Case-Mate Barely There does.
    So both these really fit WELL with extended battery? is their anything off that you can see?
    12-30-2011 07:26 PM
    So both these really fit WELL with extended battery? is their anything off that you can see?
    I can't see anything off with the VZW shell/holster. I just went and changed between both batteries and covers and the case fits fine either way. It is a bit more snug, which I actually like, with the extended battery. I don't know what will happen in time, I have only owned this for 4 days and only changed it out a few times. But fresh out of the box it is great for both batteries.
    12-30-2011 07:38 PM
    Diztronic fits but i have had some funny volume key issues.
    12-30-2011 09:45 PM
    I hope Seidio has a surface extended case in the works that is just a roomier version of their current offering. I hated the surface extended they did for the Thunderbolt, but I love their regular surface cases.
    12-30-2011 11:26 PM
    How is that with picking up lint and fingerprints?
    Pretty good actually. The case feels like smooth plastic and doesn't show fingerprints or pick up lint. However, where the case meets the screen does tend to collect a little dust. The tiny lip of the case resting against the screen forms a little trough of dust. A little canned air fixes that.
    12-31-2011 09:03 AM
    Diztronic fits but i have had some funny volume key issues.
    This case blows, I had the "funny volume key issues" with this case and the standard battery. Garbage.
    12-31-2011 11:28 AM
    Battery cover on. It fits more snugly, but I didn't feel I had any problems with it. What did you experience?
    Mine definitely didn't sit down into the case flush like with the standard battery and cover. Here's a picture of inside the shell - you can see where it bulges up where the standard battery cover has that slight indentation. With the extended cover bulging out it doesn't fit into the case so that the phone is under the "lip" of the case that normally goes slightly over the screen.
    12-31-2011 01:14 PM
    This case blows, I had the "funny volume key issues" with this case and the standard battery. Garbage.
    You can email support and they will send you an Revision3 version of the case with cut outs for the volume rocker. They are shipping next week. I actually did my own cut out for the volume controls and it fits nicely with the extended battery. This is the only issue that I had with the case and other than that I love it. I will be getting a rev3 version when it is released.
    12-31-2011 06:41 PM

I have this one too! It does fit with the extended battery, but I am afraid at some point something bad is going to happen. The bottom of the phone definitely sticks out over the edge of the case/sleeve and it's very easy to pull it out. On the other hand it fits very tightly in the holster and you have to inch it up and out very slowly. (Too slowly to get it out in a hurry.) I really would like a spring-loaded release holster better I think. Any suggestions?
    12-31-2011 08:14 PM
    You can email support and they will send you an Revision3 version of the case with cut outs for the volume rocker. They are shipping next week. I actually did my own cut out for the volume controls and it fits nicely with the extended battery. This is the only issue that I had with the case and other than that I love it. I will be getting a rev3 version when it is released.
    Ill email them abt getting this replacement. Aside from the vol problems, and the dust collecting, the diztronic is fine for ten bucks. Im not really a case guy, but its good to have one if ya need it or can tolerate it, esp since this phone is my baby.
    01-01-2012 11:24 AM
    Im using the Verizon high gloss black soft silicone case and this fits perfect...never thought I would go silicone, but after having the Case Mate Barely There one and other hard cases for every phone Ive owned, Im not going back anytime soon. The problem with the Case Mate Barely There case and this phone's extended battery is that it does not sit totally flush along the sides.
    01-01-2012 12:07 PM
    I have the shell/holster combo and the black silicone case. I use the holster, but I use the silicone case instead of the shell and it works perfectly. This isn't a work around for me as I did the same thing before I got the extended battery and I also did it with my Thunderbolt. I just don't like the shell that much.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus
    01-02-2012 10:47 AM
    I have the shell holster and its a no go for me. Im ordering the seidio active combo because I hear it fits fine. I wish Verizon would have a case for each battery.
    01-03-2012 06:37 AM
    Im using the Verizon high gloss black soft silicone case and this fits perfect...never thought I would go silicone, but after having the Case Mate Barely There one and other hard cases for every phone Ive owned, Im not going back anytime soon. The problem with the Case Mate Barely There case and this phone's extended battery is that it does not sit totally flush along the sides.
    I've also got the VZW high gloss black silicone (TPU) case with the extended battery. Fits perfectly though the lip does collect dust. I'm going to hold off on using the case until I get a full-screen screen protector as I don't want the dust picked up by the lip to scratch the screen edges.
    01-03-2012 08:53 AM
    I have the shell/holster combo and the black silicone case. I use the holster, but I use the silicone case instead of the shell and it works perfectly. This isn't a work around for me as I did the same thing before I got the extended battery and I also did it with my Thunderbolt. I just don't like the shell that much.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus
    WebDev,

Do you have SAMI515SILB or SAMI515SILHGBLK?
    01-06-2012 08:56 AM
    WebDev,

Do you have SAMI515SILB or SAMI515SILHGBLK?
    I have the High Gloss silicone case (the second one).
    Seryozha likes this.
    01-06-2012 09:16 AM
    Anyone using the extended battery and Otterbox Defender?

EDIT: NM... I got my answer from another thread.
    01-06-2012 09:41 AM
33 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD