DIY desktop dock for Galaxy Nexus

rolltidedad

Jul 4, 2011
Visit site
I had some time on my hands this afternoon and made a effective dock from some scraps. First of all, I have the extended battery and the CaseMate POP! case for the GNex Amazon.com: Case-Mate CM017311 POP! Case for Samsung Galaxy Nexus GT-i9250 / Galaxy Nexus SCH-i515 Verizon: Cell Phones & Accessories. Here is a list of items that I used:

• Half of a plastic case that a RAM stick was shipped in
    3M Dual Lock double-sided velcro Fasteners - 3M US
    A piece of foam that was used to ship a HDD in

All that was needed to do was to cut half of the plastic case and trim to desired fit. Apply the velcro to the foam strip and insert in the tray. Below are some pics:

ImageShack? - Online Photo and Video Hosting

Any others have any unusual designs?

bigcatman

Nov 14, 2011
Visit site
Lol. I did the same thing with my tv remote yesterday, yours just looks.. DIY'fied. Good job?

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

rew001

Feb 17, 2010
Visit site
images

Rickgsx

Jul 15, 2010
Visit site
Umm....nice job...

Another good idea might be to goto Office Max and get a $3.00 business card holder and call it a day...

Terrigno

Italiano Papi
Jul 12, 2010
Visit site
Thats what I have now is the EZ Stand. But I had it for like almost 2 years. And went through about 5 Android Phones. Worked for everyone of them lol. And it was like 6 bucks back in the day.

kph3

Jun 30, 2010
Visit site
I had an eze stand at home and at work from my prior cell--DroidX. I am still using them with my GNex and they work fine.

tntdroid

Droiderator
Feb 19, 2010
www.flickr.com
I bought the ezeStand, and popped the magnets out with a screwdriver. (The magnets shouldn't be an issue, but since they don't work with the G.Nexus, I didn't want them to interfere with anything).

ezeStand - The Ultimate Smart Phone Stand

It works with or without a case.

Loved mine. I use the spare battery charger now that has a stand built in that works good.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

nkk2008

Feb 22, 2012
Visit site
Do you have the 2100mAh Samsung extended battery? Does it fit well in the Case-mate pop case? I had heard that it did not fit, but if it does I would be interested in geting that case.

Thanks,
nkk

Vance14

Aug 17, 2010
Visit site
I also just got a wire mesh card holder, put some of that knick-knack putty on the bottom, then a few rubber tabs where the phone sits (bottom and back to avoid scratching) and it works great! My charging wire is permanently propped right where it needs to plug in.

ChevChellios

Feb 29, 2012
Visit site
Hello, its my first post here.

I actually put some work into this one:
jsboxl6i.jpg

The Dock is build with MDF and it is spraypainted with high gloss black. The "grey" parts you can see are stainless steel colored.
The Connector has an Audio and a USB Plug so that the Nexus can play sound and be charged/connected to a PC at the same time.
There are 2 active Speakers inside the dock that work with both, Batteries an AC Adapter.
Main Focus was that I could watch Videos in the Kitchen or next to my PC while I'm gaming.
Just made it because I couldn't find one where the Nexus fits in horizontally.

Greetings from Germany,
ChevChellios

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fancyfranci