I had some time on my hands this afternoon and made a effective dock from some scraps. First of all, I have the extended battery and the CaseMate POP! case for the GNex Amazon.com: Case-Mate CM017311 POP! Case for Samsung Galaxy Nexus GT-i9250 / Galaxy Nexus SCH-i515 Verizon: Cell Phones & Accessories. Here is a list of items that I used:
    • Half of a plastic case that a RAM stick was shipped in
      3M Dual Lock double-sided velcro Fasteners - 3M US
      A piece of foam that was used to ship a HDD in

All that was needed to do was to cut half of the plastic case and trim to desired fit. Apply the velcro to the foam strip and insert in the tray. Below are some pics:

ImageShack« - Online Photo and Video Hosting

Any others have any unusual designs?
    01-04-2012 06:28 PM
    Shouldn't there be some duct tape on there some place?!?
    nicrom72 likes this.
    01-05-2012 09:40 AM
    Lol. I did the same thing with my tv remote yesterday, yours just looks.. DIY'fied. Good job?

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk
    01-05-2012 09:51 AM
    01-05-2012 04:28 PM
    Umm....nice job...

Another good idea might be to goto Office Max and get a $3.00 business card holder and call it a day...
    VideoEngineerAJS likes this.
    01-05-2012 07:31 PM
    Umm....nice job...

Another good idea might be to goto Office Max and get a $3.00 business card holder and call it a day...
    That's actually a good idea. Now I'm going to have to do that.
    01-05-2012 07:51 PM
    Umm....nice job...

Lol. That's great!

01-05-2012 09:21 PM
    just got bored at work, lol...trying to be green and recycle
    01-06-2012 06:46 PM
    That's actually a good idea. Now I'm going to have to do that.
    LOL... What, you thought I was joking..? ...

I always have great ideas... hmmm... well... most of the time..
    01-06-2012 08:47 PM
    I bought the ezeStand, and popped the magnets out with a screwdriver. (The magnets shouldn't be an issue, but since they don't work with the G.Nexus, I didn't want them to interfere with anything).

ezeStand - The Ultimate Smart Phone Stand

It works with or without a case.
    01-07-2012 12:47 AM
    Thats what I have now is the EZ Stand. But I had it for like almost 2 years. And went through about 5 Android Phones. Worked for everyone of them lol. And it was like 6 bucks back in the day.
    01-07-2012 05:52 AM
    I had an eze stand at home and at work from my prior cell--DroidX. I am still using them with my GNex and they work fine.
    01-07-2012 12:00 PM
    Here's my real dock/stand GorillaMobile - Store
    01-07-2012 03:29 PM
    I bought the ezeStand, and popped the magnets out with a screwdriver. (The magnets shouldn't be an issue, but since they don't work with the G.Nexus, I didn't want them to interfere with anything).

ezeStand - The Ultimate Smart Phone Stand

It works with or without a case.
    Loved mine. I use the spare battery charger now that has a stand built in that works good.

01-07-2012 10:15 PM
    Today, I made my own cradle from a 7" piece of aluminum grounding wire:

More pics here: Phone cradle
    02-25-2012 04:05 PM
    We need more vertical holders with ability to use with the plug.
    02-25-2012 07:36 PM
    Do you have the 2100mAh Samsung extended battery? Does it fit well in the Case-mate pop case? I had heard that it did not fit, but if it does I would be interested in geting that case.

Thanks,
    nkk
    02-27-2012 03:39 PM
    I also just got a wire mesh card holder, put some of that knick-knack putty on the bottom, then a few rubber tabs where the phone sits (bottom and back to avoid scratching) and it works great! My charging wire is permanently propped right where it needs to plug in.
    02-27-2012 04:45 PM
    Hello, its my first post here.

I actually put some work into this one:

The Dock is build with MDF and it is spraypainted with high gloss black. The "grey" parts you can see are stainless steel colored.
    The Connector has an Audio and a USB Plug so that the Nexus can play sound and be charged/connected to a PC at the same time.
    There are 2 active Speakers inside the dock that work with both, Batteries an AC Adapter.
    Main Focus was that I could watch Videos in the Kitchen or next to my PC while I'm gaming.
    Just made it because I couldn't find one where the Nexus fits in horizontally.

Greetings from Germany,
    ChevChellios
    02-29-2012 04:20 AM
    Mine is free. Plug it in, lean against book. Done.
    02-29-2012 09:12 PM
    I ordered this on eBay and just got it today.

eBay - New & used electronics, cars, apparel, collectibles, sporting goods & more at low prices

With my 2100mah extended battery it fits snugly inside the dock. I always take my case off so it didn't matter to me.
    02-29-2012 11:26 PM
    Would love one that holds it in landscape...

eBay - New & used electronics, cars, apparel, collectibles, sporting goods & more at low prices

With my 2100mah extended battery it fits snugly inside the dock. I always take my case off so it didn't matter to me.
    03-01-2012 12:07 AM

I ordered the same one on Monday. What are your opinions of it?
    03-01-2012 08:16 AM
    When I put my phone in it, it is pretty steady inside the dock. I like it, but it took forever to ship to my house. Only had it for a day but its going good so far
    03-01-2012 03:51 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD