ProClip Car Mount (video)

Aguaski

Jun 30, 2011
Visit site
Nice job with the video. I installed my first ProClip a few weeks ago and I love it. My ProClip does not have the power cord but it is adjustable to allow for a slim fitting case. Because my ProClip is adjustable, I have to manually insert my power cord when I set my GN in the ProClip. Wish there was a ProClip that provided power and supported the use of a case. Either way I agree that ProClip is a terrific product. Thanks for sharing your video.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

vicw926a4

Apr 22, 2010
Visit site
Very helpful report and video. I'm anticipating a GN in my future, and looks like the ProClip is a well designed and supported product. Now I just have to weigh the pros and cons of the fixed unit vs the adjustable one, but that will keep me entertained until my cell upgrade is available.

URPREY

Mar 17, 2010
Visit site
Says right there on the product page you linked:

"This holder won't work with the Verizon Samsung Galaxy Nexus !"

What gives?
I'm confused. My video says that this product is item number 512331, which is not the item number you linked to above.

Samsung Galaxy Nexus (Verizon Google SCH-I515) - Charging Holder with Tilt Swivel and Cigarette Lighter Adapter?-?ProClip Car Mounts for Mobile Phones, GPS, and Handheld Devices

Where did you see that I linked to the GSM version?

Highland Droid

Apr 14, 2011
Visit site
Nice job with the video. I installed my first ProClip a few weeks ago and I love it. My ProClip does not have the power cord but it is adjustable to allow for a slim fitting case. Because my ProClip is adjustable, I have to manually insert my power cord when I set my GN in the ProClip. Wish there was a ProClip that provided power and supported the use of a case. Either way I agree that ProClip is a terrific product. Thanks for sharing your video.

Good to hear. Thinking about getting the adjustable one as well. Do you think it would fit the GNex with a case like this:

Amazon.com: Black - Cruzer Lite Androidified A2 High Gloss TPU Soft Gel Skin Case - For Galaxy Nexus by Samsung (Verizon Wireless) [Cruzer Lite Retail Packaging]: Cell Phones & Accessories

Any more advice you can give on the product would be appreciated.

Thanks,

HD

Kancerstick

Dec 18, 2011
Visit site
i do not own the proclip mount, as im still waiting for mine to be shipped to me. but i can say 99.9% positive that it will not fit any cases

URPREY

Mar 17, 2010
Visit site
i do not own the proclip mount, as im still waiting for mine to be shipped to me. but i can say 99.9% positive that it will not fit any cases
They do offer an adjustable mount that will work with cases (I have one of those also), but it's not powered.

Aguaski

Jun 30, 2011
Visit site
Correct, the adjustable cradle will work with a case. That is what I use and it works perfect. The adjustable cradle is such a good fit that it is actually more like a semi-custom cradle for the Nexus. The only downside to the adjustable cradle is that it lacks built in power for charging, but you can still plug in your own regular charger. If I always went naked then I would opt for the exact fitting custom cradle, but using a case at all times is important to me, so the semi-custom cradle is my preference.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kirk781