Extended Battery worse than original help!

booyackasha

Apr 26, 2011
Visit site
I have had my extended battery for my Galaxy Nexus for just about a month now and for some reason it has not been able to last more than 6 to 6 and half hours through the day. However, when I inserted the original battery in yesterday I got 8 hours pretty easily having the same exact usage. I always either have my display on automatic or the lowest setting it can go. Is my extended battery not being charged to its full capacity because my phone still reads the original battery? I also included two screen shots of the extended battery graph. I thought I was supposed to get another hour or two from my extended battery compared with the original but it seems as though I'm getting the opposite :( If anyone has an explanation and could share a solution please feel free too! I would love to get that extra hour or two have be able to have my phone last 9 to 10 hours of the day. Thanks!

mjd9ball

May 5, 2010
Visit site
I'm sorry I don't have an answer but I am having what seems like the same issue. I don't think this battery is lasting as long as the stock one. I have a colleague that agrees as well. I winder is there is some kind of reset or something that can be done in terms of calibration...just throwing darts here. I hope it turns out to be something that gets fixed or works itself out...

booyackasha

Apr 26, 2011
Visit site
I read that there is a way to reset the battery data file but in order to do that you need to completely wipe the device clean. I just dont think its worth it. Hopefully when a update is sent out it will reset the battery file and the reading will be more accurate.

recumbentbob

Nov 22, 2011
Visit site
after you charge it for 8 or more hours go to settings and look at he battery condition.
On mine it would be only 98% so it was never getting fully charged. I got in the habit of charging it in
my vehicle on the way to work, this works good and the phone lasts a lot longer now.

After doing this for about a week now the battery charges up all the way to 100% on the house charger.

thebignewt

May 11, 2010
Visit site
after you charge it for 8 or more hours go to settings and look at he battery condition.
On mine it would be only 98% so it was never getting fully charged. I got in the habit of charging it in
my vehicle on the way to work, this works good and the phone lasts a lot longer now.

After doing this for about a week now the battery charges up all the way to 100% on the house charger.
Turn the phone off and use the AC charger it will supposedly charge all the way to 100%. The extra battery isn't that much bigger than stock. If you can only get 6 hours consider the brick battery, it's 3800 mAh or something.

recumbentbob

Nov 22, 2011
Visit site
Turn the phone off and use the AC charger it will supposedly charge all the way to 100%. The extra battery isn't that much bigger than stock. If you can only get 6 hours consider the brick battery, it's 3800 mAh or something.

Mine wouldn't charge all the way turned off and on ac charger for 8 or more hours at first. Now after finishing the charge with the car charger on the way to work it will charge all the way at night on the AC charger.

Go figure............