Non-pogo pin car doc - whats your price?

ryangeno

Sep 8, 2011
Visit site
So i have a $10 discount on VZW accessories which brings that car dock down to $30 bucks.. I really need a car dock and I'm sick of waiting on the pogo pin version (if it ever comes).. Still at 30 bucks, im having a hard time justifying the price for this POS. Would anyone else be a player at 30?

ScooberJake

Dec 22, 2011
Visit site
For me, no. The only thing that really interested me was the pogo pin version, which is somewhere around the $60 (?) mark if it ever gets here. So if you spend $30-40 now, you are over $100 in total for car docks. I was not willing to shell out that kind of cash just for car docks.

But, I did the Touchstone mod. So for about $20 I get wireless charging at home, at work, and in the car; and all is right with the world.

tntdroid

Droiderator
Feb 19, 2010
www.flickr.com
I'd save your money. Just get a cheap one. I got one for $12 on the Android central store. It works with cases like a otter box. The stock Verizon one won't work with a case.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

Cigar-Junkie

Mar 1, 2011
Visit site
I am still waiting for the pogo pin one. I hope it gets here soon before I have a wreck looking down at my phone.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

Jasper

Apr 15, 2011
Visit site
Samsung is really pissing me off with the lack of accessories... Why even have the Pogo pins? what is the hold up with developing accessories that utilize them, they have to be struggling with something or they would be out by now. I am past frustrated, I went off on the lady in VZW today (poor woman didn't even know what POGO pins were)... *takes deep breath* :confused:

schizrade

Jun 28, 2010
Visit site
And this is where Motorola shines as an OEM. For all the crap software they put out, the hardware and overall integration with accessories is second to none. I miss using my Droid x and its car dock.