Thin case with full coverage

wongster12

Jun 15, 2011
Visit site
I know there are tons of threads on cases but I am looking for a case that is like the barely there or feather but with full coverage. These two cases have a tapered edge at the top and bottom of the phone. I am looking for a case that surrounds the edge all the way around but with no or minimal lip. Is there such a case?

GNex Girl

Feb 5, 2012
Visit site
I checked those out before, but is there a case that covers the phone but when you lay the phone flat the glass is actually touching.
Rearth Slim is the closest that I know of to what you are looking for.

Rearth Samsung Galaxy Nexus SLIM Case

%B8%B5%C4%C9%281%29.jpg

naqzar

Jun 12, 2011
Visit site
Just curious, how easily does the rearth case come off the phone? Also do they make a version that fits the extended battery?

GNex Girl

Feb 5, 2012
Visit site
Just curious, how easily does the rearth case come off the phone? Also do they make a version that fits the extended battery?
They don't make an extended battery case and based on what I have read from those who have this case, it does not fit with the extended battery in.

I don't have the case myself. Some people on XDA do, so post over there and ask them how easy it is to get the case off. That is what I hate about my Seidio surface case - it is freaking hard as heck to get it off.

Reactions: naqzar

naqzar

Jun 12, 2011
Visit site
They don't make an extended battery case and based on what I have read from those who have this case, it does not fit with the extended battery in.

I don't have the case myself. Some people on XDA do, so post over there and ask them how easy it is to get the case off. That is what I hate about my Seidio surface case - it is freaking hard as heck to get it off.

Thanks for the info. I have read that it doesn't work with the extended battery for the cdma (verizon) version as well.

I also am using the seidio surface and that is honestly the only downside I have with it. It is a freaking pain to take on and off. And I am worried that once there is an affordable pogo pin dock that I will break the surface since it doesn't even have the cutouts for the pogos.

GNex Girl

Feb 5, 2012
Visit site
Thanks for the info. I have read that it doesn't work with the extended battery for the cdma (verizon) version as well.

I also am using the seidio surface and that is honestly the only downside I have with it. It is a freaking pain to take on and off. And I am worried that once there is an affordable pogo pin dock that I will break the surface since it doesn't even have the cutouts for the pogos.
It seems strange that the Seidio cases don't have cutouts for the pogos.

naqzar

Jun 12, 2011
Visit site
It seems strange that the Seidio cases don't have cutouts for the pogos.

Yea. They have the coin slot for popping it open on the other side, they should have just moved it to the pogo side and made it a little bigger and then they could have covered everything lol. But I am still wondering if the pogo docks will work with any cases... the pins don't seem to stick very far out on the docks.

GNex Girl

Feb 5, 2012
Visit site
Yea. They have the coin slot for popping it open on the other side, they should have just moved it to the pogo side and made it a little bigger and then they could have covered everything lol. But I am still wondering if the pogo docks will work with any cases... the pins don't seem to stick very far out on the docks.

That's a good point. I tried a coin in the coin slot btw, it didn't work opening it. Now I open it from the bottom opening, it is easier, but still hard.

They need to have a tool with a stiff rubber head that will pop it open but not scratch the phone.

naqzar

Jun 12, 2011
Visit site
That's a good point. I tried a coin in the coin slot btw, it didn't work opening it. Now I open it from the bottom opening, it is easier, but still hard.

They need to have a tool with a stiff rubber head that will pop it open but not scratch the phone.

I just use my finger and the 'coin slot'. Seems to be the sturdiest place to open it because the plastic is thicker on that slot on the screen side there which is why they include that slot in the first place I believe. They don't want you to pop it open from the other slots cause the plastic is much thinner and more likely to break. So I see the logic in the 'coin slot' but yea it is still a pain in the ass. Though overall it is still my favorite case of the ones I have tried, just hate taking it off and putting it back on.

GNex Girl

Feb 5, 2012
Visit site
I just use my finger and the 'coin slot'. Seems to be the sturdiest place to open it because the plastic is thicker on that slot on the screen side there which is why they include that slot in the first place I believe. They don't want you to pop it open from the other slots cause the plastic is much thinner and more likely to break. So I see the logic in the 'coin slot' but yea it is still a pain in the ass. Though overall it is still my favorite case of the ones I have tried, just hate taking it off and putting it back on.
It is hard to use your fingers when you have nails! I don't want to break my nails doing that.

I love the feel of the case - it is soft and smooth but yet grippy if that makes sense.

If I don't break this one putting it on and off all the time to change batteries, I will get the one for the extended battery.

The other thing I like about it is that you can use the active holster if you like your screen facing out, which I do.

naqzar

Jun 12, 2011
Visit site
I love the feel of the case - it is soft and smooth but yet grippy if that makes sense.

If I don't break this one putting it on and off all the time to change batteries, I will get the one for the extended battery.

The other thing I like about it is that you can use the active holster if you like your screen facing out, which I do.

At first I was worried it would be to slippery but I think its perfect now. I purchased the extended battery one and it fits it perfect, much better than any other case that isn't made for the extended battery. I am not a holster person, I just pocket my phone :p

Last edited:
Reactions: GNex Girl

GNex Girl

Feb 5, 2012
Visit site
Oh and the Seidio Surface doesn't show fingerprint. My mom has the Incipio Edge Pro for her iPhone in red which would be the perfect case (its a slider, which I prefer to the snap ons) except for the fingerprints.

wongster12

Jun 15, 2011
Visit site
I think the SGP Capsule or the Ultra Hybrid is the closest to what I am looking for. Does anyone know when they will have it for the VZN GN?

eagle132

Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
It is fairly annoying that there aren't any super thin cases, like the Rearth case, that fit the extended battery (LTE). The extended battery adds extra bulk, so you'd think the case companies would realize that the users with the extended battery would want an especially thin case.

naqzar

Jun 12, 2011
Visit site
I have my eye on the SGP Ultra Hybrid but cannot find a single post or review regarding the verizon galaxy nexus. Has anyone tried it yet?

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelsea rae