Got my Dock, it sux

kmp14

Nov 15, 2009
Visit site
I excitedly opened my new GNex pogo dock, slid the phone on, hear a click from the attached speakers and here we go....First, there is no dock app. Nothing happened when I docked the phone, other than it being charged and a click from the attached speakers. The main reason I wanted it was to listen to music, so at least the click indicated that the speakers would work, right? Wrong. No sound from the speakers, all sound still comes from the speakers built into the phone. UUUGGGGHH!!! $90 plus tax, and the thing does not work? After waiting months? Tried my friend's GNex to, it did not work either.

alee

Mar 17, 2010
Visit site
Try redocking it a few times... for some reason it's not triggering dock mode consistently. Mine is in dock mode now, but it took reseating it a few times.

Haven't tried audio yet. Does fit the extended battery.

Reactions: Defconrock

kmp14

Nov 15, 2009
Visit site
Sorry, should have been more detailed. My phone is a stock phone. No root, no roms, same as it is from the factory. Between friends, we have 3 of the new docks, and 5 GNex's. We have seen a grand total of 1 successful dock mode, among all of the phones and docks, and MANY MANY dock attempts. Pretty lame.

alee

Mar 17, 2010
Visit site
Sorry, should have been more detailed. My phone is a stock phone. No root, no roms, same as it is from the factory. Between friends, we have 3 of the new docks, and 5 GNex's. We have seen a grand total of 1 successful dock mode, among all of the phones and docks, and MANY MANY dock attempts. Pretty lame.
Mine is stock too. I have had a successful dock mode triggered maybe 3-4 times out of dozens of docks. I wonder if 4.0.4 might improve docking success.

Could be why there was no pogo VZW dock.

alee

Mar 17, 2010
Visit site
Ok, this is interesting... I've gotten it to dock in Car Mode, and regular Dock Mode as well, as well as have it do nothing and just charge as well.

-Al

Vance14

Aug 17, 2010
Visit site
Does it still charge, even if it doesn't go into dock mode?

The only time I would use it is at night and I have Gentle Alarm set to go into its own Night Display whenever it is plugged into the charger after 9:00 pm. I am wondering whether the plugs would trigger this the same as the usb charger does.

lakaw

May 5, 2011
Visit site
So you guys that have purchased this dock... Have you figured out how the audio out is supposed to connect? Pins, bluetooth?

kmp14

Nov 15, 2009
Visit site
So you guys that have purchased this dock... Have you figured out how the audio out is supposed to connect? Pins, bluetooth?

I think the phone is supposed to detect that it is in the dock, and go into "dock mode", and redirect the audio out to the dock jack.

Since it seems that many of them so far are NOT detecting that they are docked, the audio out jack does not work. In other words, some, many, or all are DEFECTIVE.

lakaw

May 5, 2011
Visit site
I think the phone is supposed to detect that it is in the dock, and go into "dock mode", and redirect the audio out to the dock jack.

Since it seems that many of them so far are NOT detecting that they are docked, the audio out jack does not work. In other words, some, many, or all are DEFECTIVE.

So using the pogo pins?