Rearth SLIM Case for the SGN LTE Extended Battery

dmmarck

Retired Moderator
Dec 28, 2011
Visit site
Other than taking it off, what are your impressions of the White? I'm in the same boat you were. White and Black are in my cart, can't decide... Does the White clash with the silver/grey?

Full disclosure: I already have a black Diztronic rev 3.

I'd appreciate your input.
I actually think the white and the dark grey go REALLY well together. I posted pictures somewhere in the CHATTER thread (root/rom subforum), and I'm very impressed.

I had some weird grey freckle in the white, but I can't see it without looking for it (literally microscopic). Past that, it looks fantastic. Feels great too; it's glossy, but there's a decent amount of traction. Feels great in hand as well. And--knock on wood--none of my plugs have been accidentally ripped off. Even if they do, though, they give you spares :).

Nayners

Jan 9, 2011
Visit site
I actually think the white and the dark grey go REALLY well together. I posted pictures somewhere in the CHATTER thread (root/rom subforum), and I'm very impressed.

I had some weird grey freckle in the white, but I can't see it without looking for it (literally microscopic). Past that, it looks fantastic. Feels great too; it's glossy, but there's a decent amount of traction. Feels great in hand as well. And--knock on wood--none of my plugs have been accidentally ripped off. Even if they do, though, they give you spares :).

Thanks for the reply. I'm searching the forum for your pics now...

kca2000

May 10, 2011
Visit site
Ive been using the Matte black Rearth for about a week and half or so. The case over all is excellent for anyone looking for a SLIM form fitting case. That being said there are some Pros and cons to the case.

The finish on the Matte black is excellent! Really sets the phone off to for people worried about color coordination. It is slightly rubberized so you get better grip with it in my opinion then with no case at all. It also seems to have better grip then the Verizon TPU case, which i also own. It may attract a little bit of lint here and there and show finger prints, but they wipe off really easy, nothing to be overly concerned about in my opinion.

It adds little to the size of the phone. This was the main reason i went with the case. The VZ TPU was ok, but it did make the phone bulky. Probably would protect better in the event of a fall but thats not my main concern here, I wanted something slim and form fitting that didn't cover the buttons. Mission accomplished as this case does exactly that.

There are 2 sets of plugs that come with the phone, also a screen protector and a wipe cloth/applicator for the screen. I have not used the included protector but it seems thick, im sure it will go on and work fine.

Cons, Yeah i have a few. They are not deal breakers, but they are little annoyances. The biggest one for me so far is the port plugs! They are not molded into a plastic body like you would find on an otterbox, therefore they are prone to being ripped off if you are in a hurry and just pull a plug out fast. Took me a week to rip off the first USB plug. Had my phone on the charger and was running out of the house, pulled the cord out and had the plug come with it. Its really easy to do, they give you extras, but doing this again is gonna happen, its just a matter of time.
I would also like to see more colors. A matte white would be amazing and an instant purchase, as would a yellow/orange or red case. 3 basic colors is ok, but i want more options.
The other thing some might complain about is the price, 26 is steep for a case as simple as this. But they do give you extras with the case so its not too bad. I didn't mind the cost myself after i received it because i think the case is quality, but i could see this bothering some people.

Pictures are below, hopefully people consider this case when wanting a slim case, in my overall opinion its one of the best you can buy.

BTW, DM that white looks better then I expected! Might have to place another order since i dont think matte white is happening any time soon.

Reactions: Bowlegz

n0obpr0

Oct 19, 2011
Visit site
After reading a couple reviews about this product on different sites, I ordered mine and I got it this morning. I usually hate cases because they don't get a long with screen protectors. All I have to say is this is the best case I ever owned for a phone. :)

kca2000

May 10, 2011
Visit site
After reading a couple reviews about this product on different sites, I ordered mine and I got it this morning. I usually hate cases because they don't get a long with screen protectors. All I have to say is this is the best case I ever owned for a phone. :)

I agree. Definetly the best slim case overall I've owned. I too hate when cases interfere with screen protectors. Glad this case has no chance of that, even if the protector went to the edges.

RobUM2011

Dec 15, 2010
Visit site
After using the matte black ringke slim case for 6 months I finally got a little sick of it. So I went ahead and purchased the metallic black ringke slim case :)

Bears

Jun 27, 2010
Visit site
After using the matte black ringke slim case for 6 months I finally got a little sick of it. So I went ahead and purchased the metallic black ringke slim case :)

How do you like the metallic black case? I have the white, which I love, but am getting sick of.

RobUM2011

Dec 15, 2010
Visit site
I'm enjoying it. It blends with the actual color of the phone a lot better. I think I prefer the texture of the matte black better, but I like having a new look.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
19escape20