Has anyone tried the dock from expansys? the landscape one is out

MOTOX2

Sep 22, 2010
Visit site
Look: Samsung Google Galaxy Nexus Desk Stand #EDD-D1F2BEG - Expansys USA

I might take the plunge tomorrow or wednesday... but the only thing im scared about is they actually say its not compatible with the vz version.. quote on quote... they said that you had to press hard to get it to fit with the pins and audio would not work as well as landscape mode would go on and off...

So anyone do it and or if you do tell us how it is?

nuchdog

Sep 8, 2011
Visit site
Re: Has anyone tried the dock from expansys? the landscape one is

60$ bucks is getting closer to my breaking point. i believe the sound issues and landscape/portrait mode flipping are software related. They should have been fixed in 4.0.4 which is out officially for the GSM version and unofficially for the LTE. If it is a tight fit for the LTE version, than I'm guessing an extended battery or a phone with even a clear skin on won't fit.
I'm still hoping that since 4.0.4 is out, Samsung will start making these again and the price will start to come down.

MOTOX2

Sep 22, 2010
Visit site

yea, i think honestly thats the problem though i still don't see what possible difference unless the pins are like .01 cm off... but yea i read a forum and they say once 4.04 hits which hopefully may? then sound and software would work more we'll say... better...

litrekid

Apr 19, 2012
Visit site
It fits fine. There is a video review on droid-life.com that shows it fits fine.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

MOTOX2

Sep 22, 2010
Visit site

nope, its actually different... i remember now the gsm is less thick than out lte... ours is like 1mm thicker so it might not and i don't feel like blowing money but god i wish they just released it already.

zedorda

Mar 16, 2011
Visit site

I was able to get hands-on with one of these last weekend. I was at a flea market and one of the booths had them on display but had alrdy sold out of the Verizon model. When I tried the GSM model the phone would not seat all the way down to let the contact touch. So no way to use it unless you do alot of modifying.