Just wondering if the Otter box Defender will fit with the 2100mAh extended battery. Couldn't find anything in the search. Any help is appreciated.
    04-09-2012 09:38 PM
    when i had it, it didn't fit at all

but some people said it fits with no issues

i'm still dumbfounded
    04-09-2012 10:41 PM
    The more I look people had luck taking the battery cover off, leaving the battery exposed under the case. Thank for the input.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk
    04-09-2012 10:51 PM
    I have the 2100 mah extended battery and the Defender fits. I will say that I've accidentally broken two of the pieces that clasp together on one side from carelessly taking it apart so be careful. You can use your fingernail to depress the clasp to take it apart. Although bulky, it is a nice case and it keeps my mind at ease with the protection it gives. The screen protector takes some beauty out of the screen but I like the idea of the phone being sealed in from the outside. Also, while I'm not a fan of holstering enormous phones to my hip I did attach the holster to my bike to hold my phone while I ride. I hope this helps and ask more questions if you have any.
    chubb likes this.
    04-10-2012 12:11 AM
    I have the 2100 mah extended battery and the Defender fits. I will say that I've accidentally broken two of the pieces that clasp together on one side from carelessly taking it apart so be careful. You can use your fingernail to depress the clasp to take it apart. Although bulky, it is a nice case and it keeps my mind at ease with the protection it gives. The screen protector takes some beauty out of the screen but I like the idea of the phone being sealed in from the outside. Also, while I'm not a fan of holstering enormous phones to my hip I did attach the holster to my bike to hold my phone while I ride. I hope this helps and ask more questions if you have any.
    I rarely keep my gnex in my pocket. I need the protection and my work pants are to tight of a fit. I just hope the 2100 fits like you say.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk
    04-10-2012 12:39 AM
    I use the same backpiece for both batteries without any problem at all.. I would think it would fit as long as you keep the original back cover.
    04-10-2012 01:18 AM
    Got the battery and my results are. The stock battery cover barely fits. So I put the replacement cover on and it does fit with the Otter box Defender! Its tight but it fits.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
    snowbo83 likes this.
    04-13-2012 07:46 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD