Battery case combo in one.

dcastillo

Oct 27, 2011
Visit site
now thats tempting.....

I wish samsung would just make a 2500mAh extended battery.... stinks our options go from a slim 2100 to a fat ugly 3800..... why nothing in the middle?

zedorda

Mar 16, 2011
Visit site
Wow that is interesting. It doesn't mention NFC though.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

It doesn't replace the stock battery so no effect to NFC since the hardware for it is in the stock battery.

It doesn't seem to be any reason it would not work unless there is some difference in the outside shape between the I515 and the I9250 which I don't think there is.

What worries me is the 500 recharge cycle life span. Most lithium type batteries can get at lease 2,000 cycles with an avg of 5,000. Little more than a year is all this thing will last?

EDIT: Too bad they are only accepting Money orders or I would of bought one just to see if it fit but there is no hope of returning it. If your even lucky enough for them to not be a scam out right.

Last edited:

USC Justice

Nov 29, 2010
Visit site
Found another source on Ebay with the same battery case combo. Asked seller and they responded that it works with both even though the VZW version is a bit thicker. for 30 bucks I said what the hell. it should be here in 8 to 15 days (they take paypal as well) we will see what happens.

USC Justice

Nov 29, 2010
Visit site
OK, so I ordered one, and it came in today (well over the weekend but I wasn't around).

So first impressions, it's really better than I expected. It has a nice feel to the charger/case. something of a rubberized feel. It is advertised for the GSM version, and they claimed that it would work for the LTE as well. I was a little concerned as the LTE is a thicker device. Lo and Behold, it does fit. I have the stock extended battery on my phone. With that on the phone and the back cover in place, the charger/case will still fit. It acts just a little like it is bowed (probably not a good description), but does snap in and fit just fine. If you have the smaller stock battery, then it does fit just a tad better.

I have no idea if the NFC works with this case on. I hope to try this out in the next couple days.

I played with it on the phone for about an hour. it didn't interfere with any real functions (playing Words with Friends and answering emails/texts). The only somewhat disagreeable part is that it does make it a little harder to hit the power button on the side and the volume on the opposite side.

I put it on a USB charger and it fully charged in about 2 hours. It has a power button on the bottom. hit it once while the phone is plugged in and it tells you by lighted color what percentage of battery is left on it. Hold for 3 to 5 seconds and it starts charging the phone. pretty cool. The charging of the phone is somewhat slow. Probably something akin to the way the car chargers work with these phones. I notice that the wall charger does charge the phone much faster than the charger/case or the car charger. When the phone is in the charger/case, and then plugged into the wall charger then it charges the phone first.

Looks wise, it does add a bit of heft to the phone. I think it still looks better than most of the humpback extended life batteries. It doesn't make the phone look any larger than if it was in an Otterbox. I have my wife's Samsung Galaxy S in the Otterbox next to the Nexus in the charger/case for comparison.

I will update this after a couple days of actual use to fill in a few more real world details.

Below are a few pictures...

charger3.jpg

charger1.jpg

charger6.jpg

charger4.jpg

charger5.jpg

charger2.jpg

Reactions: zedorda

USC Justice

Nov 29, 2010
Visit site
Well I put the phone through some heavy use this morning since I wasn't in the office. Ran the samsung extended stock battery down to 47%. turned on the case charger. It rose over a period of about an hour to 66%, and then shut off. Case charger was completely drained at that point. To my way of thinking that comes out to be about 500 milliamps not the 2100 they advertised. Perhaps it was not completely charged, thoguh it indicated fully charged.

If this is the case, then it's ok if you need a bump at the very end of the day just to get you through. Definitely does not live up to the advertised amount. Going to recharge over 12 hours and try again. If it doesn't get any better I would probably say do not buy this product.

It is a shame that Mophie nor Power Skin make a battery case for the Galaxy Nexus.

This is a definite area where the Motorola RAZR Maxx far exceeds the capabilities of the Nexus.

Does anyone else know of a company making a similar product?

USC Justice

Nov 29, 2010
Visit site
OK, two more days of using it, and here's where I'm at with this Battery case combo. On Wednesday I ran the cell battery down as quickly as I could. Got it down to 36% and then turned the charger in the case on. over 2 hours and 25 minutes it went from 36% to 77%. That's not bad and would help get through the rest of the day. Thursday I did the same thing and went from 40% to 81% in about a 2.5 hour time span. I don't have it with me today, but plan on using it this evening out to dinner and a show with the wife. I'm expecting similar results.

Reactions: jlamb76049