How do you put a screen protector on a curved screen?

mwandroboy

May 15, 2012
Visit site
I'm thinking getting Galaxy S3, and it looks like a curved screen like Galaxy Nexus. I heard that a screen protector comes off on a curved screen. How do you deal with this? I'm worried. :-[

davidnc

Super Moderator
Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
I got a screen protector on my GN its got a curved screen no problem applying it and it stays on just like a flat screen :)

sent from my mind

NotJustAPhone

Jan 29, 2011
Visit site
The wet application screen protectors do better on a curved screen as the material is more pliable. Before I got my xoskins screen protector, I had a Verizon dry application protector, which didn't extend the entire length of the screen. That bugged me so I replaced it with an xoskins.

Sent using Tapatalk 2

hyperdude

Oct 19, 2011
Visit site
I don't think it has a curved screen...

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
It doesn't have a curved screen per se. The glass over the display is contoured though, so dry/adhesive screen protectors that aren't fit properly tend not to stay on as well - they'll lift up off the glass at the edges where the glass curves back down. But if you have a case that protects around the edges (i.e. TPU cases) and the screen protector is centered well enough this won't be a big problem.

alix8821

Aug 27, 2010
Visit site
Ghost Armor... Plain and simple. I know it's more expensive than the "3 Packs" carriers sell, but it's truly amazing. No "Orange Peel" feel or look like Zagg, tough, and clear. I have it on my G-Nex, my Tab 10.1, and my GF has it on her iPad/iPhone. She loves it, and we both recommend it to all our friends with new phones/Gadgets

tdi1985

Dec 28, 2011
Visit site
Ghost Armor... Plain and simple. I know it's more expensive than the "3 Packs" carriers sell, but it's truly amazing. No "Orange Peel" feel or look like Zagg, tough, and clear. I have it on my G-Nex, my Tab 10.1, and my GF has it on her iPad/iPhone. She loves it, and we both recommend it to all our friends with new phones/Gadgets

I feel like this comment is undoubtedly from the manufacturer of this screen protector. I don't think I've ever seen a normal person use the "Orange Peel" phrase before. I'm not sure I even understand what it means... Are you talking about the little bubbles around dust that get on the screen? One comment, too, huh?

alix8821

Aug 27, 2010
Visit site
The Manufacturer eh?!? ... I dunno if I should feel nerdy and embarrassed, or thankful for the complement... NO. I'm a 23 yr old student that has a slight infatuation with phones, and researches the cases and screen protectors I put on said devices....

And yes "only one comment"… I have a job I have to focus on. Simply dropped in to lend my opinion. As I said, I look into accessories and protection a little more than I think most people do. I've had the Zagg on older phones, and it had bumps and a weird texture. Even they describe it as "Orange Peel". Only they build it up. Me, I do not like it. Ghost Armour is much smoother, and just as strong. If not stronger...

Gosh

2defmouze

Jul 9, 2011
Visit site
I got a standard pack of no-frills screen protectors from Verizon the day I got my gnex. Applied it myself when I got home. The original one is still on there, with no issues, its been fine for 5 months now, lol. I'd say you have nothing to worry about :)

NotJustAPhone

Jan 29, 2011
Visit site
I feel like this comment is undoubtedly from the manufacturer of this screen protector. I don't think I've ever seen a normal person use the "Orange Peel" phrase before. I'm not sure I even understand what it means... Are you talking about the little bubbles around dust that get on the screen? One comment, too, huh?

The term "orange peel" effect is commonly used to describe the look of certain wet-application screen protectors. Search for forum posts about screen protectors (both here and elsewhere) and you will find tons of posts asking if a certain brand exhibits orange peel or posts complaining about orange peel. It's not dust, but the surface of the protector being slightly uneven so that it looks like the skin of an orange.

I have a Zagg protector on an iPad 1st gen and it definitely has a slight orange peel effect when you view the screen at a certain angle. When I was looking for a screen protector for my Galaxy Nexus, I got an xoskins based on reports that the orange peel effect was minimal (which I found to be true).

Sent using Tapatalk 2

Last edited:

icewater106

May 1, 2012
Visit site
The term "orange peel" effect is commonly used to describe the look of certain wet-application screen protectors. Search for forum posts about screen protectors (both here and elsewhere) and you find tons of posts asking if a certain brand exhibits orange peel or posts complaining about orange peel. It's not dust, but the surface if the protector being slightly uneven so that it looks like the skin of an orange.

I have a Zagg protector on an iPad 1st gen and it definitely has a slight orange peel effect when you view the screen at a certain angle. When I was looking for a screen protector for my Galaxy Nexus I got an xoskins based on reports that the orange peel effect was minimal (which I found to be true).

Sent using Tapatalk 2

I thought the orange peel effect was the stickyness when u swipe or long press on the screen protector

Sent from my SPH-D700 using Android Central Forums

cyberdalek

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site
I have the screen protector from Verizon on my Galaxy Nexus and besides the protector getting scratched easily, I have had no problems. It stays on and it came off clean when I changed it recently.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Android Central Forums

NotJustAPhone

Jan 29, 2011
Visit site
I thought the orange peel effect was the stickyness when u swipe or long press on the screen protector

Sent from my SPH-D700 using Android Central Forums

Some of the screen protectors do have a sticky feel, but orange peel effect refers to a slight unevenness in the surface that resembles the skin of an orange. You really can't feel the unevenness, but you can see it. It bothers some people more than others.

Sent using Tapatalk 2

mwandroboy

May 15, 2012
Visit site
Thanks for replies!
I didn't know wet-application screen protectors exist.:confused:
Does anyone know if any wet-application screen protectors for galaxy s3 are sold online?
I'm not gonna buy one now. I just wanna get a sense how that looks like. I searched in xoskins, but I guess it's not on sold there.

p.s. sorry for asking a Galaxy S3 questions in the Nexus Forum. I seems like you guys know many accessory stores for Galaxy Nexus

NotJustAPhone

Jan 29, 2011
Visit site
Thanks for replies!
I didn't know wet-application screen protectors exist.:confused:
Does anyone know if any wet-application screen protectors for galaxy s3 are sold online?
I'm not gonna buy one now. I just wanna get a sense how that looks like. I searched in xoskins, but I guess it's not on sold there.

p.s. sorry for asking a Galaxy S3 questions in the Nexus Forum. I seems like you guys know many accessory stores for Galaxy Nexus

The phone is new so it will take a little time for accessories to show up. Search on YouTube for instructional videos on how to apply screen protectors.

Sent using Tapatalk 2

defdc

Jul 29, 2011
Visit site
I'm partial to the BestSkinsEver(.com) skin, as they are cheap and work well. They have the orange peel effect, but as in every other one, it's only noticable when the sceen is off. It's crystal clear when the screen is on.

However, I might try Ghost Armor, just to see if there is any difference.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelsea rae