Nexus case that fits with Samsung extended battery

magic4644

Jan 23, 2011
Visit site
Hey guys,

I just ordered my nexus from Amazon for $0.01 with an upgrade. I had been looking at the phone anyway and just couldn't resist this price for an upgrade. I went ahead and ordered the extended battery (made by samsung here ) since I heard that battery life is the biggest weakness for the phone.

My main question is what cases is the best with this mod?

I would like a hard case so that it does not stick to my pockets (when I put it in there) like the case I have for my fascinate. Also, I would like one that has or attaches to a belt\hip holster or has one integrated. Other than that I am open to any suggestions or options.

Thanks in advance for you help\advice.

P.S. My google-fu could not locate anything definitive for my specific situation and the suggestions on the forum were nice, but I wanted to see if anyone had any specific advice so that I would not have to go through the hastle of buying\returning a case that doesn't quite fit.

magic4644

Jan 23, 2011
Visit site
That actually looks like a very plausible option. However, I don't think that the bulge from my extended battery will be that big (but who knows sight unseen) and you have to remove a cover to take pictures (minor complaint I know). If no one else has any other suggestions (or I find out that the battery is indeed that big) I will likely try that and post the results here.

Also, getting the nexus this late it (should) have ICS and be soon for the latest software. Do you guys think there are any better custom firmwares? (i have no qualms and plenty of experience rooting the fascinate since samsung was terrible with upgrades for that one)

jean15paul

Trusted Member
Jun 17, 2011
Visit site
I can't make you any guarentees, but pretty much everything works with the 2100mAh battery. It adds very little thickness. I'm using it with the Sedio active (the one design for the stock phone, not the one designed for the 2100 extended battery).

I'd say get any case you like. Try it out, and if it doesn't fit, return it. (but it will most likely fit)