I bought my galaxy nexus about a year ago cash so that I could keep my Verizon LTE unlimited. As we all know, the battery life sucks on this phone. I have two of the extended factory batteries, but each would only last about two hours each(I use my phone quite a lot!). So I found this aftermarket battery on Amazon: [180 days warranty] ZeroLemon Samsung Galaxy Nexus 5900mAh Extended Battery + Black Full Edge Wrap TPU Case with 180 days Zero Lemon Guarantee Warranty. Yes yo read that right! 5900mah! I have used this puppy for the last three days and these are my results: On the first day it lasted about 14hrs with all the radios on, constant use(7hrs of screen time on) emails, web browsing, you name it! I unplugged my phone yesterday around 7am and came home at around 11:35pm with 14% of battery left( I use it at work to listen to pandora, web browsing once in a while, you tube videos during my lunch). I think that the screen on time was about 6hrs+ on auto brightness. I'm blown away by this battery and I'm keeping my phone for at least another year, since the battery life was the only thing that was really bothering me! Yes, it makes the phone thicker and heavier, but it still fits in my jeans pockets( I don't wear skinny jeans) that are normal jeans. No more carrying a charger and extra battery! I highly recommend this battery if you have a Verizon Galaxy Nexus and want to keep it for a while but hate the battery life. The case that you have to put on the phone is actually nice and doesn't fell cheap.
    11-04-2013 01:07 PM
    Here is what it looks like:

11-04-2013 01:11 PM
    This looks interesting. I have a 3800 now and it's been lacking lately for me. Does the case effect the front at all? Add in protection from drops with a lip? I noticed it covers the speaker area a little. Any change in sound? Do camera pics look ok with a flash? Or any shadowing caused?

I read it didn't have holes for the mics on Amazon and you have drill holes?

Thanks

Posted via Android Central App
    11-09-2013 09:38 PM
    This looks interesting. I have a 3800 now and it's been lacking lately for me. Does the case effect the front at all? Add in protect it from dogs with a lip? I noticed it covers the speaker area a little. Any change in sound? Do camera pics look ok with a flash? Or any shadowing caused?

I read it didn't have holes for the mics on Amazon and you have drill holes?

Thanks

The speaker phone does sound lower and I took a picture the other day and felt that it doesn't affect that. Amazon has a great return policy if you don't like it if it comes to that. I have returned items with no hassle before. I killed the battery today after 14 hrs of moderate use(cellularuse). I'm still satisfied thought. Yesterday I got 14 hrs of wifi screen on time . It is a little harder for people to hear you from the microphone, but it's not covered (I almost never put the phone on my ear anyways because I use my headset with built-in mic to keep my greasy face off my phone screen.
    11-09-2013 09:57 PM
    Wow...I hear of so many having poor battery life with the GNEX. It's 8:25 p.m. and I've been off charger since 7:30 this morning and I still have 57%. Obviously I am not as heavy user as some but for some reason I notice my battery life is significantly better than many I see here. I even do better than my wife's SII and my daughter's Razor Maxx HD.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus
    11-09-2013 10:31 PM
    Wow...I hear of so many having poor battery life with the GNEX. It's 8:25 p.m. and I've been off charger since 7:30 this morning and I still have 57%. Obviously I am not as heavy user as some but for some reason I notice my battery life is significantly better than many I see here. I even do better than my wife's SII and my daughter's Razor Maxx HD.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus
    Yeah, mine will last a long time too with the screen off, but once the screen comes on, it's downhill from there. That is where this 5900 mah battery shines, where I can have at least 6hrs + of heavy use with the screen on, which is something I have never been able to achieve until now.
    11-09-2013 10:50 PM
    Meant to ask, how does the texture of the case feel? Is it stickier? Like if you prop it up against an edge will it not slide down and fall flat?
    11-11-2013 03:22 PM
    Meant to ask, how does the texture of the case feel? Is it stickier? Like if you prop it up against an edge will it not slide down and fall flat?
    It's grippy. I put my phone against my lunch bag at an angle against a slippery table and it stays in place. It has like a non slippery texture to it that feels nice and not cheap.
    11-11-2013 03:45 PM
    Ok, thanks. I went ahead and ordered one. I was trying to talk myself into a nexus 5, but don't have the cash to spare right now with xmas for my 2 kids. So this $40 and my recent update to 4.3 (i'm on sprint) will keep my nexus my main device for hopefully at least a few more months. That will let the nexus 5 get all the bugs ironed out too hopefully. Hope I like the battery...I'll let you know.
    11-12-2013 02:09 PM
    Ok, thanks. I went ahead and ordered one. I was trying to talk myself into a nexus 5, but don't have the cash to spare right now with xmas for my 2 kids. So this $40 and my recent update to 4.3 (i'm on sprint) will keep my nexus my main device for hopefully at least a few more months. That will let the nexus 5 get all the bugs ironed out too hopefully. Hope I like the battery...I'll let you know.
    Yeah, I just can't afford to upgrade every year. I think that this battery should keep you happy. I know that it superseded my expectations. Let me know how it goes!

11-12-2013 02:53 PM
    For anyone else looking into this I wanted to post up a site I found with good pics
    Pics: zerolemon 5900mAh battery - Imgur
    Review/info: ZeroLemon 5900mAh battery for Galaxy Nexus (photos, test results) : Android
    11-13-2013 12:34 PM
    For anyone else looking into this I wanted to post up a site I found with good pics
    Pics: zerolemon 5900mAh battery - Imgur
    Review/info: ZeroLemon 5900mAh battery for Galaxy Nexus (photos, test results) : Android
    Good find. That's is pretty much what I have experienced also.

11-16-2013 09:22 PM