Unlocking the bootloader and Rooting

209eric209

Dec 15, 2011
Visit site
So i let my computer search for drivers online and it found the samsung blahblahblah 11-25...I updated my device, Now i put it in bootloader and im back to android 1.0 and i cant find that update again.. SO frustrated
Edit* Succes!! I tried it again and, sure enough, it was there...

Last edited:

Cram-jam

Sep 1, 2010
Visit site
209er- use pdanet. i uninstalled drivers first, installed on phone (market) then computer. it installed the driver in the set up...once in bootloader it didn't switch to android-1...after you unlock it will take a while for it to reboot. relax. it will...like 3 minutes of the splash screen. thanks for all the help and input from all who were patient! Cramjammer

SCampbell27

Apr 13, 2011
Visit site
What is it that you guys are trying to accomplish by bootloader/rooting? I've never done this before, and am converting from a BB Bold.

Please educate me, thanks.

tntdroid

Droiderator
Feb 19, 2010
www.flickr.com
So i let my computer search for drivers online and it found the samsung blahblahblah 11-25...I updated my device, Now i put it in bootloader and im back to android 1.0 and i cant find that update again.. SO frustrated
Edit* Succes!! I tried it again and, sure enough, it was there...

Same issue. Got the drivers from Samsung and all is well. Go into bootloader and I get 1.0 and it won't update. Installing the drivers again :(

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

davey11

Dec 17, 2010
Visit site
Found a pretty cool vid courtesy droid life

[YT]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PC9DmgtE80A&feature=player_embedded[/YT]

Masheen

Nov 11, 2010
Visit site
I'm having problems flashing the new Clockwork recovery. Instructions have said to type: fastboot flash recovery recovery-clockwork-5.5.0.4-toro.img in my computer's command prompt. I am getting an error saying error: cannot load 'recovery-clockwork-5.5.0.4-toro.img'

Any ideas trying to flash the recovery? I've followed the directions @ http://www.droid-life.com/2011/12/1...xus-4g-lte-and-flash-custom-recovery-verizon/ and already have unlocked my bootloader, i'm just at a hiccup trying to root the device. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

Nakrohtap

Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2011
Visit site
Same issue. Got the drivers from Samsung and all is well. Go into bootloader and I get 1.0 and it won't update. Installing the drivers again :(

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

Don't keep installing the drivers. It doesn't help. That was my mistake as well.
In the device manager, go to the Android 1.0 with the yellow exclamation point and right-click to update driver.
Click on the bottom box where it say to select driver from device list. (Sorry. I don't have this in front of me right now.) You should be able to scroll down and see a Samsung device listed.
Click on that and it should show 1 or 2 listings for "Samsung ADB Device" (or something like that).
Install one of those and you should be all set.

In my experience, my Android 1.0 issue kept coming back. My trick is to get your bootloader to where you were before saying "waiting for device" and THEN install the driver.
As soon as you install it, the unlock option will show on your phone.
I spent over 3 hours last night going through the motions with Google searches, installing PDA manager again, downloaing the updates and reinstalling drivers.
Once I figured this out, my wife's phone took about 15 seconds to do.

Good luck!

davey11

Dec 17, 2010
Visit site
Should have unlocked first thing. I customized the phone just the way I like it and unlocking it wiped everything out lol

jafels

Oct 1, 2011
Visit site
Is someone going to make something like easy root for this thing so us lazy people can root without actually having to do anything? Ill take the time to do it if I have to, but its so much easier to just click a button and have it done for you :)

Machtrim

Dec 15, 2011
Visit site
I'm new to Android and couldn't get the ADB interface to install. Now I've run out of time and need my phone. I hate to admit this but I don't know how to get it out of bootloader mode. Any help?

NewAge

Oct 6, 2010
Visit site
I'm new to Android and couldn't get the ADB interface to install. Now I've run out of time and need my phone. I hate to admit this but I don't know how to get it out of bootloader mode. Any help?

If you are in bootloader mode the is a large green arrow pointing at power button that Should say Start. Press power button and device will reboot. Or pull Battery. If it doesn't say Start, use volume up or down to make changes, should scroll through other option like reboot boot loader, enter recovery etc.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akbarramadhani12