AdBlock/AdAway and Overclocking Question

Dostovel

Jul 15, 2010
www.facebook.com
Hey all! Like most of you, I just got a Nexus. wOOt. I came from an OG DX1 which was rooted and running Liberty 0.9 and it worked okay, a little buggy, but okay. I've been around for a while now and have done quite a few things to my DX and never actually bricked it, which is good... Now that I am on the Nexus, I was A OKAY with not having to root or unlock the bootloader or whatever, but my question is, can I still run an adblocking program on ICS and do I have to unlock the bootloader or root the device? I don't really care that much about OCing, but ad blocking is 95% a must!

Any input or advice would be appreciated.

digitalslacker

Jul 6, 2010
Visit site
Hey all! Like most of you, I just got a Nexus. wOOt. I came from an OG DX1 which was rooted and running Liberty 0.9 and it worked okay, a little buggy, but okay. I've been around for a while now and have done quite a few things to my DX and never actually bricked it, which is good... Now that I am on the Nexus, I was A OKAY with not having to root or unlock the bootloader or whatever, but my question is, can I still run an adblocking program on ICS and do I have to unlock the bootloader or root the device? I don't really care that much about OCing, but ad blocking is 95% a must!

Any input or advice would be appreciated.

Most of the adblocking apps i've used required root because they typically need access to host files so they can prevent your phone from getting out to ad servers.