[GUIDE] Return to Stock: Factory Images for the VZW Galaxy Nexus

spencer0279

Mar 20, 2011
Visit site
Re: Return to Stock: Factory Images for the VZW Galaxy Nexus

my laptop that i had been flashing stuff on for long periods of time prior :| PC windows 7. All my drivers are good. I think i used a bad rom and i lost a key file of some sort now Dx

is there anything i could flash through CWM to get me to stock D:

dmmarck

Retired Moderator
Dec 28, 2011
Visit site

my laptop that i had been flashing stuff on for long periods of time prior :| PC windows 7. All my drivers are good. I think i used a bad rom and i lost a key file of some sort now Dx

is there anything i could flash through CWM to get me to stock D:

Nope, this is how you get back. Are you following my commands and steps precisely? Let me see if I can find your issue for you.

If you run through it, please copy and paste the exact issue terminal spits out. That'll help immensely :).

spencer0279

Mar 20, 2011
Visit site

there isnt a way we could like communicate on an IM basis o.o not to be awkward. But i mean i cant do the Command prompt stuff by myself lol. it always fails to work saying Flash is not one of CM commands or Fastboot etc :|

dmmarck

Retired Moderator
Dec 28, 2011
Visit site

there isnt a way we could like communicate on an IM basis o.o not to be awkward. But i mean i cant do the Command prompt stuff by myself lol. it always fails to work saying Flash is not one of CM commands or Fastboot etc :|

And you're absolutely positive you have the fastboot drivers installed?

Yes, there is. Find me on Google Plus. Circle me and we can chat from there, but I'm unsure how much time I have left before I get to the day's work.

AppleBonker

Dag, yo!
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site

And you're absolutely positive you have the fastboot drivers installed?

Sounds like not. You don't have a link to them in the first post of this thread. Or they may be the superboot zip in which case would be fastboot-windows...

spencer0279

Mar 20, 2011
Visit site

i found you but i wont be able to do it right now anyways. My phone is my current source of internet at the moment, id have to make my way to my wifi which wouldnt be until like tomorrow ish. possibly monday morning ish

dmmarck

Retired Moderator
Dec 28, 2011
Visit site

Sounds like not. You don't have a link to them in the first post of this thread. Or they may be the superboot zip in which case would be fastboot-windows...

There are plenty of other threads to find them, including Wug's Toolkit which is just the best in setting that stuff up.

Let me make some updates...

dmmarck

Retired Moderator
Dec 28, 2011
Visit site

i found you but i wont be able to do it right now anyways. My phone is my current source of internet at the moment, id have to make my way to my wifi which wouldnt be until like tomorrow ish. possibly monday morning ish

Shoot me a PM when you're ready and we can set up a time.

AppleBonker

Dag, yo!
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site

There are plenty of other threads to find them, including Wug's Toolkit which is just the best in setting that stuff up.

Let me make some updates...

Not a criticism. Just a comment on how someone might overlook that step.

dmmarck

Retired Moderator
Dec 28, 2011
Visit site

Not a criticism. Just a comment on how someone might overlook that step.

No no I understood, I'm just trying to figure out the best way to relay the info :). I appreciate it greatly!

Update: added some links to the OP :).

spencer0279

Mar 20, 2011
Visit site

efbehfbefe.png

its right after it says everything is good to go. I hit flash and then it does this. Ive redone the drives twice through the auto thing :|

spencer0279

Mar 20, 2011
Visit site

Did you verify that file does exist in your Wug's folder?

what file ._. i picked i downloaded my own stock, used the stock from this thread. And it says everything is good to go and then when it says start it immediately says that.

spencer0279

Mar 20, 2011
Visit site

and yeah its in the wugs folder. i just checked. the flashstock.bat is there :eek:, 2x post accident? .-.

going to work, discuss later hopefully lol

Last edited:

BringMeBack9801

Jan 25, 2011
Visit site

So, I've been having a really strange issue occurring that leads to me to think my Gnex is officially bricked, but let me know what you guys think. I've tried everything from Wug's toolkit, to the write up on this thread, to ODIN to get my Nexus back and running, but everything fails. What happened was I was running AOKP JB Build 1 and everything was working fine until I rebooted one day and all hell broke loose. First I thought I was stuck in a boot loop (there are a lot of threads about this related to JB), because I got stuck at the Google screen for 10 minutes. The screen went black after that, though, and never came back on. So I rebooted into bootloader, went to recovery, and I got hit with tons of errors, mainly in the form of "E: Can't mount/open cache/recovery/command or log/last log" and it was also throwing I/O errors at the bottom. Additionally, it told me it couldn't mount the SD card or any contents from it.

After all these errors, I tried using Wug's Toolkit, dmmarck's write up, and ODIN to unroot and relock. Everything worked successfully using each method, but the result is always the same - Google screen for 20-30 seconds, screen goes black, driver installation error, and it doesn't turn back on unless you reboot into the bootloader.

Additional info about device:

- Toro Gnex
- Latest version of Clockworkmod with TWRP touch recovery
- Hardware version 9
- Primela03 bootloader
- FC04 and FC05 radios

Any help whatsoever is appreciated.

dmmarck

Retired Moderator
Dec 28, 2011
Visit site

OP Updated with a video, using this very guide :).

Droidintorrance

Mar 29, 2011
Visit site

What real difference is there from the:

Stock JRO03O we got today...

from say a really custom ROM like:

Bugless Beast - that has been running JRO03O

to like highly custom ROMS like:

Euroskank - that has JRO03O for a few weeks now...

Besides. the new FF02/FG02 radios that is...

any other reason ... why you guys did, what you did..? I guess for those of you who want the really stock JB experience that VZ wants you to have early...?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dawncompton