[GUIDE] How To Unlock Bootloader and Root Verizon Galaxy Nexus

BringMeBack9801

Jan 25, 2011
Visit site
Re: [GUIDE] How To Unlock Bootloader and Root Verizon Galaxy Nexu

I'd like to root using the Superboot method mentioned here, but I first want to know how you'd go about unrooting this way.

jon-e-o

Jan 19, 2011
Visit site

Jon-e-o,
I had the same issue two weeks ago. What you can do is when you installed sdk, there should have been google drivers installed.
When on your computer right click to find the driver and point it to the google directory on your machine.
It should be just c:\google.

thanks tony. i'll try that tonite or more likely tomorrow. the problem has been finding the driver. i'll post what happens.

appdady

Dec 26, 2011
Visit site

welp, im unlocked. been unlocked for a few days now. now im wanting to root. and when i double click the install superboot batch file, it just stays there... no change in the script in the command prompt. how long does the download take? on my nexus it said download (not sure of the numbers but it had quite a few digits on there) but nothing..... now it just says fastboot status: ok.... what am i missing??? im in fastboot mode (obviously) but it seems like is doing nothing.

Upstreammiami

Apr 18, 2010
Visit site

whoever is going to root hit me up first i wanna change something in this guide more like a shortcut hit me up on my gtalk

jon-e-o

Jan 19, 2011
Visit site

whoever is going to root hit me up first i wanna change something in this guide more like a shortcut hit me up on my gtalk

hey miami.
perhaps you can help. i cannot seem to properly install the samsung devise drivers. i have tried numerous times, and multiple downloads including from samsung via a link in this thread. it is not present in my devise drivers list when i try to search for it. it says driver not found when i try to install. i have spent hours trying to get past this step and i have no idea where i am going wrong. any help would be awsome. thx

Cyber Warrior

Robots Will Kill
Nov 28, 2010
Visit site

+1 (I'm already rooted)

I checked other web sites and they all show the SDK method.

SDK is all I'm aware of at the moment... gbhil's working on a program to make it easier though.

Its not that hard... if you were able to root your phone, you should have no problem understanding how to unroot it.

Here's the instructions... I'll clean them up and make them more user/noob friendly and add them to the op... hopefully by tomorrow.

1. Download the Android 4.0.2 factory images ->> [Download]
2. Unzip the file and its contents into your SDK/Tools folder (wherever your adb.exe and fastboot.exe files are).

Make sure they are not in their own folder, but have all been extracted to Tools.

3. From within your Tools folder, open a command prompt (SHIFT + right click ? ?open command prompt here?):
4. Type the following commands, allowing each to finish before moving onto the next:

adb reboot bootloader
fastboot flash bootloader bootloader-toro-primekk15.img
fastboot reboot-bootloader
fastboot flash radio radio-toro-i515.ek02.img
fastboot flash radio-cdma radio-cdma-toro-i515.ek05.img
fastboot -w update image-mysid-icl53f.zip
fastboot oem lock

5. Reboot your phone by selecting ?Start? and pressing the lock switch.
6. Your phone is now back to a 100% stock, unrooted.

Cyber Warrior

Robots Will Kill
Nov 28, 2010
Visit site

hey cyberwarrior, can you help me with my issue?

You're selecting the second option right? Browse my computer
browse1.png

And then... Let me pick?
browse2.png

What is listed under unknown devices? Anything? (EDIT... I MEANT OTHER DEVICES)
devicemgr1.png

Cyber Warrior

Robots Will Kill
Nov 28, 2010
Visit site

hey cyberwarrior, can you help me with my issue?

A few other things that may cause issues:
-Using a laptop
-using USB hubs
-using the front USB ports
-wrong USB cable (some may not always work with recognizing the device)
-USB debugging turned off

....so, make sure you're on a desktop computer (if you can) and use the USB ports on the back of the computer. Also... don't use a USB hub (extensions). Make sure you're plugging the phone directly into the ports on the computer. Also use the USB cable that came with the phone and that you have USB debugging on from the phone. (Phone... settings>developer options>USB debugging on.

jon-e-o

Jan 19, 2011
Visit site

yes, other other devices androind 1.0 is there. i cannot update the driver no matter what i try! i will a usb in the back of the computer. i just tried a different computer, followed the instructions EXTACTLY and the same thing happened-- the computer does not recognize it. amazing!!!!!!!

jon-e-o

Jan 19, 2011
Visit site

GOT IT!!!! rooted! yeah!!!!! had to place the usb drivers into c: google and open that. thank you soooooo everyone!!!!

cancerousbull

Dec 22, 2011
Visit site

hi,

i have unlocked and rooted, i show superuser, but when i try to make a back up or go into cwm recovery i get my little android with the red exclamation. what am i doing wrong or what have i not done?

Cyber Warrior

Robots Will Kill
Nov 28, 2010
Visit site

capnjb

Jan 6, 2012
Visit site

GOT IT!!!! rooted! yeah!!!!! had to place the usb drivers into c: google and open that. thank you soooooo everyone!!!!

I am having the same problem you did. My computer can't find the drivers. When i select samsung phone in the device manager it says there are no drivers. Can you give a step by step because I'm not exactly sure which drivers to use or the file to pull them from.
Thanks for any help.

Jan 12, 2012
Visit site

Cyber Warrior

Robots Will Kill
Nov 28, 2010
Visit site

Sorry but I can't find the links for CDMA or GSM on the first post I am using the following link

http://http://forums.androidcentral.com/verizon-galaxy-nexus-rooting-roms-hacks/141563-guide-how-unlock-bootloader-root-verizon-galaxy-nexus.html

My nexus will be the CDMA platform

Sorry... thought this was the other root guide. This method only works for CDMA (Verizon). The other root guide that's stickied in the forum "[Automated] Wugs Root Toolkit"... works with both.

Reactions: TheGreatZhuzhu

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillyC