[GUIDE] How To Unlock Bootloader and Root Verizon Galaxy Nexus

Cyber Warrior

Robots Will Kill
Nov 28, 2010
Visit site
Re: [GUIDE] How To Unlock Bootloader and Root Verizon Galaxy Nexu

Fyi found out my USB was 3.0 went to 2.0 and had no prob

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

Okay.. thanks for the info. Yea, I've read about a few people who did that and had success with it. I'll add it to the Troubleshooting section of the guide. Thanks.

4yanx

Jan 27, 2012
Visit site

I've tried four times on MAC and each time it refuses to restart from the unlocked google screen. Terminals tells of root success using the ./fastboot boot boot.superboot.img command but ZERO luck finishing after that. Will try on PC later.

ManBearPig618

Aug 29, 2011
Visit site

Just unlocked/rooted...everything seemed to go successfully. It's now restoring my apps from market, but everything is downloading extremely slowly. Browser seems to work fine. Could I have messed something up?

Edit: Finally got through the first app it was downloading (Where's My Water...btw, badass game) and now it seems to be going more quickly. WMW? was a wifi only DL...I don't know if that has anything to do with it.

Edit 2: And now it's going slow again. When I did the unlock/root, I didn't have the driver file downloaded all the way (although when it did download I opened it and it said drivers were already installed or something similar) - could this be a cause? Or if the correct Samsung drivers had not been present, would the whole process have failed entirely?

Sorry about the questions....first time rooter.

Last edited:

BayRican

Jan 16, 2011
Visit site

just unlocked the bootloader and rooted my G-Nex thanks to this awesome step by step guide. Great Work. Thank You :D now looking forward to some great roms to try out.

Castor_troyy

Jan 25, 2012
Visit site

Unlocked fine, however when I go to click install-superboot-windows, a command prompt opens, and says downloading boot.img... and just hangs there.

I also see a blue prompt at the bottom of the phone "fastboot status - download 00467800"

something going wrong?

**edit: I seem to have corrected it... just scrolled and hit restart bootloader, then double-clicked install-superboot-windows again, and boom... Google unlock screen, we'll see where it goes...

edit#2: All is fine, unlocked, rooted, nandroid made... now what to choose..

Last edited:

goldkear

Mar 7, 2011
Visit site

Sorry if this has been covered already, but i have an issue with superuser permissions. I followed these instructions to the letter, but when an app tries to ask for superuser permissions, nothing happens, and the app assumes it is getting denied. Suggestions?

xeroslash

Aug 31, 2010
Visit site

Bought it yesterday; rooted/unlocked today

Gotta love that Android community. :)

dlshaw73

Feb 9, 2012
Visit site

OMG... I was freaking out, I followed this guide to root my Verizon Galaxy Nexus & it was sooo easy I recommend this to any one who isnt very computer literate. I followed it word for word & had success. Yay finally rooted. Thank you so much.

DaEXfactoR

Jun 2, 2010
Visit site

I just listened to last night's podcast. Someone emailed a question about unlocking the bootloader. The general consensus of the guys was to "UNLOCK THE BOOTLOADER!!!!". My question is, why unlock the bootloader if you are not gonna root? What is the benefit?

guerreiro

Jul 6, 2011
Visit site

Guys!!!

Need help! I have been on this for 3 days already lol. I have tried everything but I still got WAITING FOR DEVICE message when I put a command prompt in!

GetOnMahLevel

Aug 24, 2010
Visit site

I just listened to last night's podcast. Someone emailed a question about unlocking the bootloader. The general consensus of the guys was to "UNLOCK THE BOOTLOADER!!!!". My question is, why unlock the bootloader if you are not gonna root? What is the benefit?

because when you find out how awesome this phone is.. and end up wanting to root it.. then you wouldn't have lost all of your pictures and media that's on your phone by unlocking the bootloader later on down the road..

daveferraiuolo

Apr 8, 2012
Visit site

how come my hotspot still wants me to subscribe ?? i thought you get it free when you root the phone...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nanran21