[GUIDE] How To Unlock Bootloader and Root Verizon Galaxy Nexus

Juststef

Aug 15, 2010
Visit site
Has anyone done this successfully on a mac? Can said person, give detailed instructions or at the very least, anything that the OP didn't cover?

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

UAB

Apr 1, 2011
Visit site
Re: [GUIDE] How To Unlock Bootloader and Root Verizon Galaxy Nexu

I am stuck at the Google splash screen and have been for about 20 mins. What should I do now?

whitecomet

Sep 3, 2011
Visit site

Is it pluggen into the computer if so disconect that first and see what happens. If that fails then shut it off then on. I had the same issue and ultimatley resorted to a pull myself.

Mine rebooted just fine I am activating mine right now and think it will be fine.

whitecomet

Sep 3, 2011
Visit site

My question is since I am rooted am i sol on updates. I know unlocking the bootloader so am a gonna have to unroot to get updates.

whitecomet

Sep 3, 2011
Visit site

Cyber waririor thanks a million as well you saved me so much time doing all the research.:cool:

paman

Feb 14, 2011
Visit site

ok so i am getting a bootloader that is telling me that is is downloading. and not to turn off target

i followed directions

1unlocked fine
2 was thinking about rooting( this is where i choked.
3 i went to recovery with phone plugged in......my recovery gave me no options. I couldnt get the blue print to show up

4 i pulled battery

5 i turned on phone to a boot loop

6 i pulled it again after a few loops

7i opened into bootloader

8 i installed superboot.

9 got stuck on android with unlocked emblem

10 i waited 15 minutes

11 i un plugged and hit power but no change to screen( still on unlcocked emblem screen)

12 i pulled battery again.....now i am nack on blootloader and it is telling me it is dowonloading and the text at bootom no longer says anything about the bootloader

i am a bit worried

paman

Feb 14, 2011
Visit site

i have no clue what just happened....but it is up and working now.....root and all......i guess.......i am lucky

bakerbert

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site

"The superboot image is also 'insecure', allowing you to use 'adb remount' as well as having full ADB root access to your device until such time as you reboot after running this process (it's a non permanent ADB root as it's a 'fastboot boot' and not a 'fastboot flash')."

So this is not a permanent root? If the battery dies, Reboot for an update, or any other reason you turn off your phone you will loose root?

autotrip5

Dec 20, 2011
Visit site

worked like a charm. if you waited a few days to root like i did, don't worry about your phone getting wiped, any apps will auto download as long as you have google sync/back up turned on before you do this.

nkd

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site

I have been able to root every device i have had. For some reason I have tried everything to install the fastboot drivers without any luck. Used sdk method with no luck.

I have adb access when the phone is booted up, but when I am in bootloader mode the phone's drivers are not installed. I have followed every single instructions. This root process is a mess, I mean Why it wont install the drivers blows my mind.

nkd

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site

Just awesome. No trouble at all. The key is in the drivers for sure.

how are you guys able to load the drivers. I can use commands while the phone is booted up, after I use command adb reboot bootoader and it goes in to fast boot mode, it wont recognize the phone anymore and any driver I try doesn't work at all.

ohiomoto

Oct 31, 2011
Visit site

Make sure you down load all three files, then run the VZW.exe file before starting the guide. If your phone isn't recognized see the "tips" at the bottom of the guide.

Andrew Ruffolo

Jan 5, 2010
Visit site

Visual Mac Guide:
Unlocking bootloader
[YT]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3tF-Sz_yjYI&list=UUTqkQCOfg2k27s4GJZWrkjg&index=1&feature=plcp[/YT]
Rooting:
[YT]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gyiCjdoUheU[/YT]

Last edited:
Reactions: Cyber Warrior

Johnly

Retired Moderator
Oct 6, 2010
Visit site

Perfect CW. I am glad I checked the driver state, had them on the PC, but they needed installed. Thanks man :)