Google Wallet now on the Verizon Galaxy Nexus

dcusick1

Sep 1, 2010
Visit site
Installed this today, and just made my first purchase with my phone! Overall, pretty cool Would be easier if I had a Citi Mastercard. I used the prepaid card to go grocery shopping. I had $110 on there, and ended up spending $130. So, I had to throw in $20 more dollars to the card after ringing up the food. After I scanned it though, Google Wallet force closed on me, but the payment still went through. Overall, really cool.

The best part, is if you create a new Pre-Paid card through the app, Google gives you a $10 credit, right off the bat. Free $10, so can't go wrong there.

kilofoxtrot

Feb 15, 2010
Visit site
dcusick...

I am unlocked and rooted. So I am covered there.

Question... do you flash just the app onto your phone if you have the stock ROM? or do you need to flash a whole new ROM before flashing the gwallet ROM?

Thanks

dcusick1

Sep 1, 2010
Visit site
dcusick...

I am unlocked and rooted. So I am covered there.

Question... do you flash just the app onto your phone if you have the stock ROM? or do you need to flash a whole new ROM before flashing the gwallet ROM?

Thanks

I flashed it in Clockwork over my stock rom. Followed the instructions about changing up the XML. Then I rebooted. A few of my apps started force closing on me. Which I heard happens after installing Google Wallet.. But I just uninstalled the problematic app and re-installed it, and all was fine. Only affected 3 or 4 of my apps. Had TI Backups of them anyway, so didn't lose anything.

I would advise you to take a nandroid backup before flashing, just in case.. Can't hurt, right?

jafels

Oct 1, 2011
Visit site
GW was one of the things I was really looking forward to on this phone and is a big dissapointment that it has been left off. Im not ready to root this bad boy yet. I would like to wait a couple of weeks and test drive it stock. Really wish they would put out an official app for this phone!!!

SpaceHippie

Journeyman
Dec 21, 2010
Visit site
i was excited about google wallet until i realized i cant add my debit cards. I dont have citi bank, and im not gonna constantly refill my google one. Although its cool that they give you 10 bucks just for adding the google card.

baggyp

May 8, 2010
Visit site
I thought you could use any MasterCard!!! Boy was I wrong!!!

I guess I will wait for more card support or ISIS!

grayzweb

Aug 13, 2010
Visit site
I got Google Wallet working for me. Was excited to try it. Thought the $10 credit was pretty cool too.

I like the prepaid way. Easy to add funds from any source. I added an additional $20 + $10 free.

The first time I used it, it gave me an error, - force close.
Then the cashier said no wait, and the sale went through!

So it works, just not perfect yet in being hacked.
Haven't got to try it again yet.
There is a location of places where you can use it in the website.

http://www.google.com/wallet/where-it-works.html

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

rainman353

May 24, 2010
Visit site
Anybody else have issues with "verifying your account with Money Network" when trying to set up the prepaid card? I've gotten the email from google but nothing saying $10 gift card added.

Edit -
Force closed and uninstalled, then reinstalled and setup again and now it works.

Last edited:

lakedubvt

Nov 15, 2011
Visit site
Newb question.. So all one would have to do is download the apk from their phone and open it with Astro manager? thanks

Last edited:

damstr

Dec 6, 2011
Visit site
Newb question.. So all one would have to do is download the apk from their phone and open it with Astro manager? thanks

You don't even need Astro just when the file is downloaded click on it on the notification bar and it will install. And if you need to find the file again just go to downloads in the app list and it will be there.

Vaotix

Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
Tried this on my GSM Galaxy Nexus (though, I'm a yakjuxw build on 4.0.1) and after loading it, I get a message "Google Wallet has not yet been certified in your country or on your device/carrier.", then it closes. :(