Stuck in ODIN mode!

chris13417

Jan 18, 2011
Visit site
I tried to flash a mod for fixing the poor auto-brightness and once i rebooted I encountered numerous force closes to the point where the phone would lock up and a battery pull was required. Prior to the flash I did a nandroid backup through Clockwork Mod. After the battery pull I held volume down and power to get into recovery, however I get stuck in ODIN mode and can not access recovery. I tried ADB to push the stock images or to reboot into recovery and it says a device cannot be found. Starting to panic a little, however I think/hope this is just a soft brick issue. If ANYONE can give me a little advice it would be GREATLY APPRECIATED!!! thank you all!!

travva

Dec 15, 2011
Visit site
Re: Stuck in ODIN mode!!!!

When it gets to the point where adb says device not found, you need to go into your windows control panel and add a driver for the device under 'other devices'. i think it shows up as like Android1. Choose update driver and 'let me specify the driver to install' scroll down to Samsung Android phone or similar and install that. Try adb again. GL.

Reactions: NewAge

chris13417

Jan 18, 2011
Visit site

When it gets to the point where adb says device not found, you need to go into your windows control panel and add a driver for the device under 'other devices'. i think it shows up as like Android1. Choose update driver and 'let me specify the driver to install' scroll down to Samsung Android phone or similar and install that. Try adb again. GL.

Thank you for the reply. I actually just figured it out and was coming back here to share my results: After numerous tries I was able to get ADB to reboot into recovery. If you get stuck in ODIN, reboot the phone while connected to your PC. If you are able to get past the boot animation, do not try to unlock your home screen if you previously experienced numerous force closes. Allow the phone to get to your lock screen and then use adb to reboot bootloader. From there you can get into recovery. I'm sure this is probably a well known thing, but coming from the original DINC, I never had to use adb. This was a lot of stress and eventually a huge sigh of relief once I figured it out.

iBowToAndroid

Sep 12, 2010
Visit site

The process for getting into the bootloader is actually different on the GNex.

You have to hold BOTH volume buttons down and then the power button.

paman

Feb 14, 2011
Visit site

Thank you for the reply. I actually just figured it out and was coming back here to share my results: After numerous tries I was able to get ADB to reboot into recovery. If you get stuck in ODIN, reboot the phone while connected to your PC. If you are able to get past the boot animation, do not try to unlock your home screen if you previously experienced numerous force closes. Allow the phone to get to your lock screen and then use adb to reboot bootloader. From there you can get into recovery. I'm sure this is probably a well known thing, but coming from the original DINC, I never had to use adb. This was a lot of stress and eventually a huge sigh of relief once I figured it out.

i am stuck in odin mode...it is telling me not to turn off target........and that it is downloading

how do i reboot the hardware buttons do nothing

paman

Feb 14, 2011
Visit site

i have no clue what just happened but....i turned the gnex off and turned it back on and all was fine........everything works.......sorry

ohiomoto

Oct 31, 2011
Visit site
After the battery pull I held volume down and power to get into recovery, however I get stuck in ODIN mode and can not access recovery.
To get into recovery, you need to press volume UP + DOWN & POWER. If you are pressing just volume down and power you are putting it into Odin mode.

Phoebe Belle

Jun 7, 2014
Visit site
Hi, my phone was in ODIN mode for a while, then it suddenly shut down and I can't wake it up no matter what I do(taking out the battery, SD card, SIM card, then placing them back and pressing both volume buttons and the power button. Kinda panicking because the phone hasn't been working since yesterday!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kirk781