Question about unrooting and locking bootloader

shanimal92

Dec 11, 2011
Visit site
i have the worst signal, so if they dont fix it soon i am going to take it back. I know i can unroot and relock the bootloader but will it delete everything off the phone? or will it just back it so i cant do "root stuff," and not change anythign else? also, say i wait like a month to give the time to fix it, so its waayyy outside my return period, will i ahve to pay the premium if i take it back and it needs to be returned even though its not my fault its screwy?

dubge

Dec 21, 2009
Visit site
You have a year to exchange it outside the return window if something goes wrong with it that is not your fault. They will usually ship you a refurb unit then you ship the other one back to them within 5 days

Not sure about re locking a phone as I have never re locked one

iBowToAndroid

Sep 12, 2010
Visit site
i have the worst signal, so if they dont fix it soon i am going to take it back. I know i can unroot and relock the bootloader but will it delete everything off the phone? or will it just back it so i cant do "root stuff," and not change anythign else? also, say i wait like a month to give the time to fix it, so its waayyy outside my return period, will i ahve to pay the premium if i take it back and it needs to be returned even though its not my fault its screwy?

Returning the phone to stock wipes everything, yes, because you re-flash the stock images in the process. The phone can only be returned until January 15 - after that, you're locked into the 2 year contract and cannot switch phones

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol