[ROM][AOSP][10/31][JB] Bugless Beast VZW Galaxy Nexus

digitalslacker

Jul 6, 2010
Visit site
Well I plugged in and unplugged my speakers to it a couple times and now it works. Hopefully it stays working. I had this issue with my Palm Pre+ before, too but I couldn't get that fixed and had to have it replaced because of it. Hope I don't have to do that with this in the future.

I had a similar issue of with an old Droid x... Ended up being something stuck in the world headphone jack...

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

dphorgan2#AC

Jun 19, 2010
Visit site
Re: [ROM][AOSP][8/3][JB] Bugless Beast VZW Galaxy Nexus

My first dive into rooting with the Nexus. Tried this out with a kernel and everything runs great. Overclocked to 1.4ghz much faster than ICS and better battery life even with the overclock.

whthotg8

Dec 9, 2010
Visit site
Anyone having issues with Google Now force closing after a search in this build? Mine was working good yesterday, but now it just closes the app. I've tried battery pull and reboot already.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

digitalslacker

Jul 6, 2010
Visit site
Anyone having issues with Google Now force closing after a search in this build? Mine was working good yesterday, but now it just closes the app. I've tried battery pull and reboot already.

Did you format system and wipe dalvik when you last updated bb? Might wanna try running a permission fix too... That helps sometimes

Reactions: whthotg8

digitalslacker

Jul 6, 2010
Visit site
is there a changelog? or has anyone noticed any difference?

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus

Check his github checkins... Looks like it got merged up to r4 and according to some chatter on twitter there are lte changes and kernel things... Not sure on the specifics

ottscay

Jul 16, 2010
Visit site
Re: [ROM][AOSP][8/7][JB] Bugless Beast VZW Galaxy Nexus

Dirty flashed successfully from the previous build, everything appears hunky-dory here. I'm not noticing anything new, but I don't have much time to poke around under the hood either.

JoeNM84

Dec 7, 2011
Visit site

I got tired of my sound issues and went back to stock 4.0.4. I don't know what happens with my phone and BB, but they don't get along. Headphone solution didn't stick. I have a theory my phone doesn't like whatever he has implemented that increased the volume for JB. I hate how quiet my notifications and ringtones are with ICS, but I guess it's better than stuttering sounds and restarts when sounds occur sometimes. If it starts doing it again stock then I'll be getting a replacement because I'd say that would be a hardware issue. I really loved having JB, too. Maybe I'll try a different ROM next time and see if the problem comes up again. Thanks to everyone that has tried helping me before. Hopefully I'll be back eventually.

Edit: Not even an hour into being back to stock and it has started doing it again. So disregard my problems as even being possibly because of this ROM. I'm going to re-lock my phone and take it to Verizon for replacement. Sorry for wasting anyone's time and getting off topic in this thread I guess. Just a coincidence that this happened shortly after I installed BB.

Last edited:

slave2theaxe

Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
Have a new bug does anyone have a problem sending MMS messages from pictures in the gallery. It lets me select chompsms but force closes when it opens.

I'm getting that too, but only with Chomp. Stock messaging app works fine. Must be something specific to Chomp.

After flashing the 8/7 build, Chomp is playing nice with the gallery again. Don't know what the issue might have been, but I'm glad its working again. Sucked having to use the stock messaging app every time I wanted to send a pic.

digitalslacker

Jul 6, 2010
Visit site
I got tired of my sound issues and went back to stock 4.0.4. I don't know what happens with my phone and BB, but they don't get along. Headphone solution didn't stick. I have a theory my phone doesn't like whatever he has implemented that increased the volume for JB. I hate how quiet my notifications and ringtones are with ICS, but I guess it's better than stuttering sounds and restarts when sounds occur sometimes. If it starts doing it again stock then I'll be getting a replacement because I'd say that would be a hardware issue. I really loved having JB, too. Maybe I'll try a different ROM next time and see if the problem comes up again. Thanks to everyone that has tried helping me before. Hopefully I'll be back eventually.

Edit: Not even an hour into being back to stock and it has started doing it again. So disregard my problems as even being possibly because of this ROM. I'm going to re-lock my phone and take it to Verizon for replacement. Sorry for wasting anyone's time and getting off topic in this thread I guess. Just a coincidence that this happened shortly after I installed BB.

No worries man. Thanks for reporting back that it wasn't a ROM issue :) good luck with the replacement!

Reactions: JoeNM84

dphorgan2#AC

Jun 19, 2010
Visit site

All good here. I did have an "issue" on the previous build. Bluetooth calling would not work. But on the 8/7 Bluetooth is 100% and crystal clear.

BaMaDuDe87

Jun 18, 2012
Visit site

So 8/7 is looking good all around? Still on 7/19 but I think I will do a clean install(didn't format the system and all that good stuff when I installed 7/19) with 8/7 if everything is on the up and up.

cmajews1

Nov 2, 2011
Visit site

Noticing a lot faster boot sequence with this build went from taking a few minutes to less than a minute.

I don't seem to be having any issues with lightflow either

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Xd3dp1gX