[ROM][AOSP][10/31][JB] Bugless Beast VZW Galaxy Nexus

tntdroid

Droiderator
Feb 19, 2010
www.flickr.com
For the new release Pete's says to wipe data to get Facebook to sync. If you don't care about the sync like me no need to wipe data. Works great.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

greydarrah

May 5, 2010
Visit site
Re: [ROM] Bugless Beast for Verizon Galaxy Nexus Updated - 12/22/

No need to go back to stock. Just do the wipe and follows Pete's instructions. I dl the rom from clockwork and had no issues. Google wallet working too in the new build.

Have you given Axiom a try? I'm wondering if anyone has tried both to get a comparison.

digitalslacker

Jul 6, 2010
Visit site
Re: [ROM] Bugless Beast for Verizon Galaxy Nexus Updated - 1/5/20

On the 1/5 build, you actually do need to wipe data/cache if you want FB Sync (and Wallet too I think) to work. Pete specifically said that, so it's not a suggestion.

tntdroid

Droiderator
Feb 19, 2010
www.flickr.com
On the 1/5 build, you actually do need to wipe data/cache if you want FB Sync (and Wallet too I think) to work. Pete specifically said that, so it's not a suggestion.

I didn't wipe. Wallet works. Was asked if I wanted to sync Facebook when I first opened the app but said no cause I don't want it so not sure if it would work. Works great. I only wiped the dalvic and battery stats.

NateDizzy

Apr 5, 2011
Visit site

I am really liking this ROM, I havent been on it long enough to give an accurate battery assessment but the device is smooth, snappy and BUGLESS! haha I flashed from Axiom 2.3 and am really like the BB more. I like how the phone still feels like its straight vanilla ICS still, but better. :cool:

Nate

digitalslacker

Jul 6, 2010
Visit site

I am really liking this ROM, I havent been on it long enough to give an accurate battery assessment but the device is smooth, snappy and BUGLESS! haha I flashed from Axiom 2.3 and am really like the BB more. I like how the phone still feels like its straight vanilla ICS still, but better. :cool:

Nate

that's the bugless is pretty much. Not a whole lot of addons but very optimized. Pete hasn't started working on his custom kernel yet but when that starts you can bet you'll see even better performance.

digitalslacker

Jul 6, 2010
Visit site

I didn't wipe. Wallet works. Was asked if I wanted to sync Facebook when I first opened the app but said no cause I don't want it so not sure if it would work. Works great. I only wiped the dalvic and battery stats.

maybe not for Wallet, I said that just because every other ROM i've used that added Wallet needed a wipe it you wanted it t work.

I do know in the case of FB sync it's required because contacts.db needs to be replaced? I think that's what Pete said in a tweet yesterday.

tntdroid

Droiderator
Feb 19, 2010
www.flickr.com
maybe not for Wallet, I said that just because every other ROM i've used that added Wallet needed a wipe it you wanted it t work.

I do know in the case of FB sync it's required because contacts.db needs to be replaced? I think that's what Pete said in a tweet yesterday.

Yes he did say to wipe for Facebook to sync. I'm just letting everyone know if you don't sync Facebook like myself then no need to wipe. If you don't sync Facebook then why wipe and start all over again.

dredgmo

Jan 5, 2012
Visit site

For those of you who downloaded/installed from Clockwork, after backup and install, how long did yours sit on the splash screen/animation? I've been sitting on it for about 15 minutes and I'm starting to get worried :-\

dredgmo

Jan 5, 2012
Visit site

30 minutes and counting...Feel like either something is wrong, or I'm going to run my battery out from the animation alone.

digitalslacker

Jul 6, 2010
Visit site

For those of you who downloaded/installed from Clockwork, after backup and install, how long did yours sit on the splash screen/animation? I've been sitting on it for about 15 minutes and I'm starting to get worried :-\

First boot takes a bit, but not more than 5 min.

You can try flashing again in CWM and if that doesn't work try wiping data/cache(dalvik too).

NateDizzy

Apr 5, 2011
Visit site

I went to check my data usage today after a day at work and it showed ZERO data pulled in over the network. The only data that registered and recorded was over WI-FI, anyone else have this issue. Its not really a big deal since i am on unlimited but i would like to know how much i am consuming. I am really liking this rom nonetheless, 9 hours and 10 minutes of moderate usage and i am at 51% battery with the ek4,ek6 radios.

EDIT: Checked it again this morning and the stats are now there, from this morning's usage and yesterdays. I guess the ROM is still settling in.

Last edited:

_JKK_

Feb 10, 2010
Visit site

Running it now; very nice and smooth. Great battery life so far, though it's a bit too early to really tell. Looking forward to this ROM progressing; it's between this and Redemption ROM for me.

dammitcubs

Jun 1, 2011
Visit site
Re: [ROM] Bugless Beast for Verizon Galaxy Nexus Updated - 1/8/20

If I just flashed 1/6 rom. Do i need to do a complete data wipe when flashing 1/8?

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelsea rae