[ROM][AOSP][10/31][JB] Bugless Beast VZW Galaxy Nexus

narrow_minded#WN

Apr 25, 2011
Visit site
Re: [ROM][AOSP][10/30][JB] Bugless Beast VZW Galaxy Nexus

Anyone having problems with GPS? I've flashed several different builds of this ROM and GPS won't work for any of them. Am I missing something?

digitalslacker

Jul 6, 2010
Visit site
The wait is getting pretty painful.

Ah it's fine. There are plenty of other great ROMs out there to try while you wait. I've hopped on 4 different ones. Shiny is my favorite so far.

I believe he's getting a Nexus 4 so I'm sure once that gets in we'll see more activity. Just a guess though.

BB has always been worth waiting for.

bidoof01

Nov 17, 2011
Visit site
Looks like I'll have to abandon any support for the BB and move on to Shinys mod. Having already been weeks since 4.2 was released, it's clear BB is not very interested on releasing his 4.2.

gregs1213

Dec 19, 2011
Visit site
:( Seems like developers have been abandoning the GNex since the Nexus 4 came out :( There used to be TONS of up to date roms, now there are a couple..

digitalslacker

Jul 6, 2010
Visit site
Looks like I'll have to abandon any support for the BB and move on to Shinys mod. Having already been weeks since 4.2 was released, it's clear BB is not very interested on releasing his 4.2.

You can like two ROMs at the same time, no one will mind. Shiny's stuff is a good choice, I really like it.

:( Seems like developers have been abandoning the GNex since the Nexus 4 came out :( There used to be TONS of up to date roms, now there are a couple..

Yup, just the natural progression of things. Historically though Pete has back supported his devices to a degree. Obviously he can't continue to support everything and what's happened in the past isn't an indication of what will happen in the future. So who knows. But I agree, devs like new things and they don't like supporting old things. Since all these ROMs are done as hobbies there's not reason (or obligation) for them to continue to support older devices if they don't want to.

I'm happy with bb as it stands and as of now have no need to upgrade to 4.2

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Yup! 4.1 is still Jelly Bean, there isn't much difference between the two versions. In fact, honestly in many ways I prefer 4.1. It had better battery life on average and I liked how the lock screen worked better. Been toying with going back to 4.1 and BB until Christmas when I get my Nexus 4.

Sent from my Transformer Prime TF201 using Tapatalk 2

ConTejas

Nov 9, 2011
Visit site

Where do you shop for roms? Other than BB, I see most all of the same toro devs posting 4.2.x builds on rootzwiki, xda, goo, etc...if anything a few more doing aosp build (not my thing).
Heard Franco ditched the GS3 already, was pretty surprised at that with the popularity of the device. Said he's thinking about going Nexi only. Anyway, of course the N4 is going to get a lot of dev attention, but the gnex will get solid dev support for a long time. Don't make me a liar devs:D

kca2000

May 10, 2011
Visit site
Does anyone have a mirror for petes latest 4.1 release? (I assume 4.1.2) Not ready to make the jump to 4.2 and need something rock stable to take me through the Holidays. None of his own seem to work. Thanks in advance!

schwars1

Dec 16, 2010
Visit site
If anyone got tired of waiting for new BB like me, you may want to give Shiny a try. It's 4.2.1, rock solid stable, and fast. AOSP with very few mods. Check it out - [ROM][AOSP][4.2.1](11/30/2012) "Shiny", OTA-Like, Stock Android 4.2.1 JOP40D - No bugs! - [VZW] Galaxy Nexus Development - RootzWiki

For those looking for a BB alternative, I tried MMuzzy and found it to be slow overall with very poor reception. Never has my full-barred 4G signal dropped for no reason more than on this ROM.

Have been using Shiny now for a bit and its wonderful. A real BB replacement. Can't believe how fast everything is now. Been looking longingly at the Note II and DNA, but with this ROM I'm good to go.

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
If the beast is indeed done for I may go back to an app build using the pink unicorn.
I wish Pete would come out and say that he is done with the gnex or not.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pierre5463